Page 347 of 366 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,940 of 7310
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwisatz View Post
    its been a while but any leagues coming up? Hope to join in a league
    We cycle around 3 or 4 weeks, we are currently wrapping up week one, so about 2-3 left.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

​matchday rolled - md2 ends 14/08/14
    Global Warping (Skaven) - RPS Divisions of Death Champions Seasons 34-36

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Me and Axler played the game where I stepped in for Ethelred. Ethelred's usually well balanced team development needed little explanation(but his mv4 Elf lineman went some way to mystify me), the players had roles, and being elves they were able to diversify. I Started to lose the bash war despite 7 man fouling the Treeman on turn one but then something happened.
    If anyone has any training in grief counselling could they please contact the wife of Axler's dice maker.

3-0 to Ethelred's Mercian All-Stars
    the MV4 lino has wrodge and is good for line duty? Or should i spare the TV and sack him.

I got lots of money.

Last edited by Ethelred; 08-08-2014 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    the MV4 lino has wrodge and is good for line duty? Or should i spare the TV and sack him.
    I'd keep him until he takes an AV or STR hit. He's still useful fodder against big guys and on the LOS, plus being elves the lv1 replacement is still going to be relatively expensive with the trade-off of being far less capable at his job of being punched in the face.

That said, I admittedly suck at TV management.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

When I played with them I was winning and held good numbers but against a bash team I might have needed every able bodied elf. That MA4 guy won't be a liability until it's too late and it gets the rest of your lineup fouled and bashed because he was 2 move short.

Yep, I'd keep him for now. I'd definitely sack that rookie niggled witch though, plus I'd take a long, hard look at the -AV wrestle/fend lino. From his SPP I guess number 10 has +Ag and wrestle along with a -Ag injury, so he'd also be for the chop - that's pretty much giving the other team a babe for no gain to you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    I tend to keep slightly mangled players as LOS fodder. He already has the skills to stand there and be twatted, I say let him keep doing it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Yep, I'd keep him for now. I'd definitely sack that rookie niggled witch though, plus I'd take a long, hard look at the -AV wrestle/fend lino. From his SPP I guess number 10 has +Ag and wrestle along with a -Ag injury, so he'd also be for the chop - that's pretty much giving the other team a babe for no gain to you.
    This. The niggled line elves aren't such a worry but the witch elf needs to be replaced before you get skills on her, and a wasted +AG is a big waste of TV.

Thanks guys. I'll be keeping the linos ('cept the +ag/-ag one) then and replacing the witch.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Just butting in here. I've finally restarted the Open, as the RPS ReOpen. Details here:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...eOpen&p=546327

Just over one week before the new season launches.

In other news, The Black Bombers took their second victory of the season, beating Sinister Agent's Lizards 1-0 in Division D.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm probably going to miss my third game of the season due to going on holiday

Earth to PimpWizard! Your elves have an appointment with several boots.

Second successive loss for the Ogres as I really struggled to make a mark on the Orcs - struggled to knock them down, when I did I struggled to depitch and it was only a few well placed boots that actually got orcs off the pitch. Giving the ball to an ogre from an OOB kick wasnt a smart move either as it just tied up another hitter. Live and learn.

In other news I have my first reroll!

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Earth to PimpWizard! Your elves have an appointment with several boots.
    For the record, I really don't want this match to end up being adminned.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Second successive loss for the Ogres as I really struggled to make a mark on the Orcs - struggled to knock them down, when I did I struggled to depitch and it was only a few well placed boots that actually got orcs off the pitch. Giving the ball to an ogre from an OOB kick wasnt a smart move either as it just tied up another hitter. Live and learn.

Oof. You started an ogre team with no rerolls? You're gonna be struggling uphill for a looong time, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Oof. You started an ogre team with no rerolls? You're gonna be struggling uphill for a looong time, my friend.
    Team was promoted with a 2-1-0 record last season. Struggled a bit more this season but relaibility will start to creep in. I stand by the 6 ogre 0 reroll roster as the best ogre starting roster.

Team was promoted with a 2-1-0 record last season. Struggled a bit more this season but relaibility will start to creep in. I stand by the 6 ogre 0 reroll roster as the best ogre starting roster.
    I'm still pleased that it was my goblins that broke your winning streak ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Me (Norse) and screwie (DElves) played last night, and was a fun, very blood bowl type of game. First half screwie got quickly in behind me, nearly killed(!) my expert zerker (apo'd to MNG) and knocked out a couple of players, the scored by turn 4. To retaliate I ran a 2 wolf cage up the side of the pitch, luring in most of the elves, with the plan being a huyge scrap on the sidelines. Which, I got, but I came off worse, down by 5 players screwie then scored again on turn 8 :-(.

Right! I thought. Second half with only 7 on the line vs screwie's 9 (He'd had one injury one sent off and one KO). Screwie holds deep (to protect his players?) And i get the ball up to the line. Sensing an opportunity, screwie goes for a 5 man stamp on a prone runner. He gets the KO, but off to one side gives me a perfect excuse to escape. I break up the right, noone can reach me and a simple blitz frees me to score, turn 11. Back up to 9 on 9, screwie pushes down my right flank but leaves himself ever so slightly vulnerable. A couple of hits and a wolf gets a blitz on his runner, getting the knockdown and freeing the ball, which bounces to one of my linos. A couple of turns trapped in by bodies and we're up to turn 15. I carefully dodge my remaining runner away, make 2 GFIs to leave one player in range of the line. I say to screwie 'all you need to do is mark that player'. He decides to mark the ball. Some good bashes and pushes gets the ball free, a lino, runs down, picks up, perfect launch to the runner, runner makes the GFI, turn 16, 2-2!! Screwie scares me to death by nearly making the 1TTD at the end, but I hang on to scrape a draw from the imminent defeat.

One dead AG4 lino, one MNG for my top zerker, down to 1500TV for my next game. Lean! No levels and helio to come next. Only nurgle to beat to take the division victory...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    The game gave me oodles of luck in the first half, and then took a lot of it away in the second. Removing your brutish zerker fromt he match so early helped me a great deal, and I didn't expect to win that first-half scrum so convincingly. But then my defense in the second was ruined by some rogue 1s/skulls that undermined some easy risks at key moments.

However not marking your receiver on T16 was a genuine cocky mistake - it was choice between blocking you or scoring again, while I was solidly around the ball. I should probably have chosen otherwise.

(Also that 5-man stomp was a BH I think? I remember being pretty pleased with it even though it cost me a TD.)

Anyway, I took away 1 MNG and 3 levels from that game, so I really can't complain. Not only did my second witch finally reach level 5, a rookie lineman got 8 SPPs in his first game :D