Page 101 of 350 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 6987
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    For what its worth Jolima, I'd take the AG4, from experience having only one ball carrier makes you a) predictable, and b) screwed when he inevitably dies. (RIP Punctuality, my Extra Arm, Two Head, Big Hand, Dodge, Block pestigor scoring machine)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    A much belated match report from a week ago:

Division 1
    Altdorf Army (Hum, Alistair Hutton) vs Dread Pool (DElf, me)

The humans opted to kick, and promptly got a Blitz! result on the Kick-Off table. Fortunately for me, the bulk of my team were set up just far back enough that he'd have to make 2 GFIs to readch any of my juicy AV7 vulnerables. Unfortunately for me, the kick was aiming driectly for my AG5 runner so Hutton decided to have a go anyway.

However, his Tackle/MB terror blitzer had to spend a TRR on his GFI, and then rolled a skull. He then injured himself with something so bad the Apothecary was called and could only leave him with a MNG!

AH had lost his best player (and one of only two tacklers) and his Apoth before even Turn 1! I tried not to laugh. I really tried. But considering this was the main threat I was nervous about (indeed he'd caused quite a mess in our previous aborted attempt at this match), I was feeling pretty good about my chances right now.

However there was still a Wizard, so I ended up taking my time - I scored late on Turn 3 having pushed forward with a loose cage, wary of that possible impending (and utterly justified) Wizardly fireball.

Hutton had plenty of time to score in the drive that followed, and sent his catchers downfield for passing play, as anticipated. While my defenders bogged them down with a mix of Tackle, Pass Block and Shadowing, my MA8 Shadowing blitzer scooted upfield to loop round behind the human thrower.

AH drove his cage forward, hugging his left flank and looking to hand off the ball to a catcher to avoid Pass Blockers moving in. However, my high-speed blitzer was able to muscle in on his cage from behind, stunning a Blockless guard to mark up his thrower. Hutton couldn't budge him and couldn't dodge free, ending his drive and the half.

Half-Time Score: 1-0 to the Pool

This time my kick left the field, so AH decided his ogre would be the best man to carry the ball down the pitch. I had little to lose so instead of employing an elf screen, I instead threw my best players into the cage guarding his big guy. I was able to shove the guards aside with my superior skills players and inserted a layer of elves between Hutton's ogre and the rest of his team.

AH of course responded by marking up all my players and bashing out with the ogre... who unfortunately failed his Bonehead roll. I cleared space around him and knocked the big guy over - but the ball scattered badly and I couldn't reach it (yet).

Despite AH consolidating his position around the loose ball, and the Wizard's fireball came soaring in - but failed to make a lasting impact. I was able to shove the humans aside and send my first runner through the middle, scooping up the ball and chucking it to my second, who was sitting on the LoS, just outside the mob.

Of course he flubbed the catch, but luckily it bounced into the hands of an adjacent player anyway (one of my blitzers). Hutton blitzed in with a 2D block but, sadly for him, this particular blitzer was my Dump-Off blitzer. He passed the ball to the unmarked runner beside him, who then dashed upfield to score.

There were still a few turns left as I set up for my final kick. A Blitz! - and I'd kicked short, so naturally I elfed all my guys under the ball. Hutton couldn't pin them all down and and my witch elf soon made it across the line to end the match.

Final Score: 3-0 to the Pool

Wow, another huge report. I need an editor.

I won't pretend there wasn't a lot of luck in this match. AH suffered that crazy loss at the start of the match but I had some excellent block dice throughout. As a result my team out-injured their human opponents as well as running away with the score. Still, he was a good sport about it all (aside from the excessive salty language and death threats).

Of course, I have dwarfs to look forward to next, drawlien flavour. And the winner of our match takes Division 1. I expect to have a horrible time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Update

Given that week 2 is supposed to end tomorrow, an update on where we are:

Champs - All games played and league rolled on.
    Div 1 - All games played and league rolled on.
    Div 2 - All games played and league rolled on.
    Div A - Zero games played. Rubbish.
    Div B - Jiiim v Smaug outstanding.
    Div C - Corkir v MadDave123 outstanding.
    Div D - All games played and league rolled on.
    Div E - Alini/Sadface v mrchinchin25 outstanding.
    Div F - Zero games played. Rubbish.
    Div G - Karandraz v Lowkey outstanding.
    Div H - All games played and league rolled on.
    Div I - All games played and league rolled on.
    Div J - All games played and league rolled on.
    Div K - Desulibeta v Thekenwyne oustanding.
    Div L - All games played and league rolled on.
    Div M - Sandman v Aggromaniac oustanding.
    Div N - All games played and league rolled on.
    Last edited by Everblue; 30-04-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Hi there!

Been playing the campaign for a while, and after a futile effort to get my so called "friends" interested in the glorious spectacle that is Blood Bowl, I find myself in need of people to play against.

If i am correct in assuming that the first post is not out of date, this would be the place to proclaim my interest, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Hi there!

Been playing the campaign for a while, and after a futile effort to get my so called "friends" interested in the glorious spectacle that is Blood Bowl, I find myself in need of people to play against.

If i am correct in assuming that the first post is not out of date, this would be the place to proclaim my interest, yes?
    You might also want to get some experience playing against actual people. The challenge league is a good place for that. There's also a few others. I don't feel right plugging them here but feel free to hit me up on Steam.

Also I hope more qualified people give you better info.

Thanks,

I've played a few games, but your suggestion remains valid nonetheless. Also, was thinking of playing Undead? I had a look at the team choice table doohickey and it said there was a spot still available, but would just like to confirm that?

Thanks,

I've played a few games, but your suggestion remains valid nonetheless. Also, was thinking of playing Undead? I had a look at the team choice table doohickey and it said there was a spot still available, but would just like to confirm that?
    If the spreadsheet says there's a spot available then there's a spot available.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    The spreadsheet also takes into account choices people have made for the upcoming season, so yeah Undead should be fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hi there!

Welcome!

Make sure you sign up on the spreadsheet, and this season should be over in a couple of weeks so plan for an 18 May start. It's about 1 game every 10 days. Any problems or questions Zoraster, Weasel, Chainsawhands and Groovychainsaw are probably the best people to ask, but there's lots of help on here.

Undead are a fine choice of team for a new player - some non-loner high strength players in the mummies, some players who are good out of the box (wights and ghouls), and some trash that you can put in contact without caring if they die. Pro-tip - zombies are miles better than skeletons for the same cost.

I'm not super new, but this is my first league/competitive dealy. I have logged what must be 50 or so hours in a Chaos single-player campaign, though. Any help would be most welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Update

Div F - Zero games played. Rubbish.
    Me and Sinister Agent are playing tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Update

Div M - Sandman v Aggromaniac oustanding.
    Come on Sandman and Aggro! You can do it! I've got to send my laptop back for repair soon and want to get the last game of the season done first!

Activated Node
    Aggromaniac told me last night (on Steam) that he isn't going to be able to play and that he forfeits the game. I told him to post, because it doesn't seem fair play for you to take my word for it, but apparently he didn't get the time to do it.
    Steam - SandmanXC

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    We'll try to get hold of Aggro to confirm, but if not, you'll get the win tonight in this case Sandman. I like to think we can trust our players here, so I'm willing to take your word that this conversation happened :-).
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Been playing the campaign for a while
    Not saying it is not fun to relax on single player, (I also do it sometimes) but the AI is more like AS. I'm now facing a Beast of Nurgle with Strong Arm...
    In any case, welcome to RPS and if you wanna play a practice match, feel free to poke me on steam.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    We'll try to get hold of Aggro to confirm, but if not, you'll get the win tonight in this case Sandman. I like to think we can trust our players here, so I'm willing to take your word that this conversation happened :-).
    Did I mention Darkmalice also said he'll give me the game? And the guys I'll be matched with next season! And they all owe me 1€ each!
    Steam - SandmanXC

Awesome, i might do just that.

I'm aware that facing the AI is like watching someone throw a wireless mouse down stairs for four minutes, but i would like to think it gets you in the right mindset. For instance i turned what would have probably been a 3-0 loss into a 1-1 draw by employing a tactic i learned whilst versing AI, also known as parking your trash next to their big bashy guys and wearing down the clock.

What i'd suggest is; create your team for the league and then a second copy with the same roster and enter it into the RPS challenge league. That way you can get some competitive games in and learn your team and get a feel for the way a human opponent works. I've had a few great matches and learned several improvements to my game already. [though coming form a tt background, the bulls**t slowplay is more common and more extreme than i'm used to... learned to keep a couple of players in position to cover the backfield if needed :p ]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm often around for a game in the challenge league. My steam ID is Everblue650 so by all means add me.

Alright, will do. Although i have been playing a few games in one of the public leagues, the one that's matchmaking only, i forget the name. It's entertaining to know that this game's unwashed masses behave exactly like the ones in other popular online games, (starcraft, league of legends, dota, etcetera) as I've already had quite a few people rage-quit games. Guess they thought my ghoul making it through 5 tackle zones was stupid too.