Page 102 of 345 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 6895
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The quality of play in Nagg and Auld is, in general, quite a lot lower than you'll find in private leagues. Ragequits are a lot rarer too - I've had it happen only once in the various RPS leagues.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    In their third game in division L they steamrollered the Vicious Violets (woodelves) of the delightfully amiable person Vexing Vision, who I played for the first time. The Python-themed Norse had reduced them to 8 players for the game, and sans wardanceurs they were easy meat for my mighty blow blitzer who finished with 2 casualties and 2 KOs.
    Les Wardanceurs c'est tres missing, aye.

With a team consisting of lineelfs and a catcher (including two mercenaries), I figured that it's a good idea to invest into some Babes. In retrospect, bringing another mercenary on board would have been a wiser choice.

The orcs efficiently stopped my advance and avoided my scoring by simply being all over the place. A critical dodge failed in mid-game and allowed them to swarm all my position and brought my push to a halt. A bit of ineffectual pushing orcs around from the elfy side didn't do much. It also didn't help that my only line elf with a skill (dodge) got knocked out early and didn't bother to rise up at half-time despite the two babes entertaining him. Never figured he'd be into dwarven ladies.

Well, at least I got in a kill!

More time to build up my team, then.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

The situation i find myself in now is quite interesting, also. Apparently the Chaos dwarf coach i was facing decided to bring up the pause menu right as i was about to decide whether to follow up a block or not. Now i can't resume the game, but i'm far too stubborn to let him have the win, especially since i had pushed his Minotaur, which for some reason had the ball, out of the pitch.

Guess this is what they invented tumblr for.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Rage quits in Nagg are delicious. I had one in my High Elf team's very first Nagg match when they BH a Khemri thrower and then pushed a tomb guardian off the pitch, killing him. All in two turns.

The mid-menu pause is a terrible exploit though, hopefully they can fix that someday. In the meantime, I do have dual monitors and a laptop so I will happily go do something else...

Actually, the game crashed about thirty minutes after that, but it cost the opposing coach about one and a half hours of time he could have spent actually playing, so hopefully lesson learned there. Oh who am i kidding, he probably whooped in joy at taking down a guy who was outclassing him within hours of making a online login. I did apply for the challenge league though.

So that's a thing.

Unfortunately that tip you gave me about not purchasing skeletons was only received after i had cleverly devised my team names and such. Thankfully i can remedy that when i actually end up playing in the divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    It's the slaughter-fest 2-1 grinds I hate writing up (so basically any game against Grinn), just brings back the feeling of creeping desperation. Thrashings are more interesting if only to see what went wrong (summary: I suck at attacking).
    OI OI! No dissin the Nobz! We won our last two games 3-0 and 2-0, I ll have you know!

My orc teams make a point of spinning some classy passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanXC View Post
    Did I mention Darkmalice also said he'll give me the game? And the guys I'll be matched with next season! And they all owe me 1€ each!
    *Is waiting for that £3000 to appear in his paypal account*

Man, that's crappy though. I should be free all week for ours Sandyman ;)
    Last edited by Darkmalice; 30-04-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Unfortunately that tip you gave me about not purchasing skeletons was only received after i had cleverly devised my team names and such. Thankfully i can remedy that when i actually end up playing in the divisions.
    Before you play a match players can be retired for a 100% refund.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkmalice View Post
    *Is waiting for that £3000 to appear in his paypal account*

Man, that's crappy though. I should be free all week for ours Sandyman ;)
    My only hope is that the 2 MVP's I get from the forfeit will get me some skill-ups, otherwise with my luck and your superior lizards I'm pretty boned..
    Steam - SandmanXC

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I for one welcome our new lizard overlords.

Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    OI OI! No dissin the Nobz! We won our last two games 3-0 and 2-0, I ll have you know!

My orc teams make a point of spinning some classy passing game.
    Date
    Injuries Injuries
    05/02/12 1 Read in Tooth and Claw 2 1 Rok-Ard Nobz 3
    24/04/12 4 Read in Tooth and Claw 1 1 Rok-Ard Nobz 1
    30/09/12 8 Read in Tooth and Claw 1 2 Rok-Ard Nobz 0
    17/03/13 4 Read in Tooth and Claw 1 2 Rok-Ard Nobz 0
    Actually that's the reason I picked on the Nobz. Not only are they a brutally efficient slaying machines, when they get bored of that they can just casually dodge about and play a passing game like cursed elfs. A killer Chaos or Nurgle team might break them and an elfy team might out-score them, but I've got neither of those and end up feeling pretty much doomed before we even start. Then we play the match and my doom envelops me. Then I write it up and get to live through it all over again.

You know I'll be quite happy to have a few seasons away from the champs, time to kick back and relax...

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Update

Div E - Alini/Sadface v mrchinchin25 outstanding.
    The shambling horde and dirty rats game is taking place as we speak....
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

I remember when naiming and shaming happened after you did something wrong, not just in case XP

Right, Div E game played, nasty stinky undead (mrchinchin25) long-passing to a zombie for a two gfi touch down with no rerolls got out dodged and out gfi'd by the nasty stinky rats (Alini/sadface), for a 1:2 result.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Ministry of Silly Hats (Chaos Dwarf, Axler) Vs Your Mother's Nightmares (Amazon, sinister agent)

Woe, misery, and woe again. The Nightmares received the ball, and with some difficulty got a runner away into the dwarven endzone with the ball, but she was struckdown by a dastardly wizard, whose name may well been Dastardly Wizard. The dwarves rallied and took the ball, flattening the Amazon markers and scoring fairly easily. 1 - 0 to the Ministry!

Come turn 8, the Amazons are kicking off, and of course, there's a blitz and the dwarves score again after thrower Andromeda falls flat on her stupid face instead of throwing the ball upfield. Goddamn centaurs. Block and tackle and break tackle and what the hell am I supposed to do against that? 2 - 0 to the Ministry!

Second half sees Nuffle rub it in by giving my Amazons a blitz right after it would have turned the game around. But despite my complaining, catcher Petra the Nimble, while she doesn't get a diving catch where her partner Katalin would, manages to get next to the ball, and the rest of the team mark up and push a few dwarves and hobgobs over to help her out. A supporting blitz, risky pickup and dodge later, she's equalised, and put the Nightmares back in the game. 2 - 1!

The Ministry decide that actually, they'd rather like it if these upstart Amazons stayed out of the game, thanks, and promptly maim two players and kill blitzer Ella 'the gouger' Book all in one turn, about which I can do nothing as I've already used my apothecary up to buzz an earlier death to Badly Hurt.

With diminished numbers, there's very little the Nightmares can do but harass the edges of the Ministry's roving cage, which they do persistently, but to no avail. The dwarves walk the ball in at a leisurely, but sporting pace, in time for the traditional single turn of fruitless shoving and passing practice.

3 - 1 to the Ministry of Silly Hats! Hurrah for silly hats! Bah to pesky wizard types!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Good block dice and, eventually, better than terrible injury dice did for Groovy's humans against the chaosmans of the Red Skull Reavers. We barely saw our namesake red skulls all game. 2-0 to the chaos mans, the Red Tide rolled over the humans and washed them away.

Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    I remember when naiming and shaming happened after you did something wrong, not just in case XP

Right, Div E game played, nasty stinky undead (mrchinchin25) long-passing to a zombie for a two gfi touch down with no rerolls got out dodged and out gfi'd by the nasty stinky rats (Alini/sadface), for a 1:2 result.
    Goes Well With Port 2 (Skaven - Sadface) vs Look No Hands 1 (Undead - mrchinchin25)

Yup, a good match.. Hero Wight Ivan the Feared managed to lob the ball to Zombie Julien Bonez who was within "shuffling" distance of the goal. Not only did Ivan pass correctly, Julien caught and managed the 2 GFI's to score the undead's only touchdown. Good work Wight and Zed.

Now as for my fail ghouls, one of them managed to push a rat holding the ball over the goal-line. I'm not impressed.
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I and Karandraz have been unable to get our game in and (at least for me) wont be able to until at least Friday, so I'd just say default it, le sigh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yup, as PW said, the dice were slightly against me and in the end a slow attrition game did for my humies. Injuries weren't too bad in the first half, but a (fortunate, but definitely timely) pass and catch for PW got him away from a good attempt to score myself in the first half after an over-confident dodge had seen the ball thrown into his end-zone after going out.

Only 2 men down at half-time, I came onto the pitch feeling ok. Decided to bash straight through the middle of the line, only slightly tempered by the fact that one of my players on the line had caught the ball at kickoff. This slightly forced my hand and I broke through the centre, creating a not-very-good-cage(tm) which was swiftly knocked down. A few stuns, a few more injuries and the second half ground to a halt with only 4 players left on the pitch for me., and weasel running the ball in turn 16.

Oh well. Block dice were nice to Weasel, but not exactly horrible to me either. He got 8 skulls from 114 block dice, which seems a bit excessively good, although I only got 5 out of 50. Over 50 pows and (!) results for PW meant my block guys were not as well protected as usual, but only one MNG after the injury rolls, so shouldn't complain too much I guess when his claw mighty blow players were charging in frequently.

Now for a final battle against nurgle. Urgh. More armoured claw dudes. Might sack my ogre and induce someone more useful for this one :-). Might also be time to change races at the end of this season, I think humans have hit their plateau at 2000TV and are really struggling to get results these days.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Yup, as PW said, the dice were slightly against me and in the end a slow attrition game did for my humies. Injuries weren't too bad in the first half, but a (fortunate, but definitely timely) pass and catch for PW got him away from a good attempt to score myself in the first half after an over-confident dodge had seen the ball thrown into his end-zone after going out.

Only 2 men down at half-time, I came onto the pitch feeling ok. Decided to bash straight through the middle of the line, only slightly tempered by the fact that one of my players on the line had caught the ball at kickoff. This slightly forced my hand and I broke through the centre, creating a not-very-good-cage(tm) which was swiftly knocked down. A few stuns, a few more injuries and the second half ground to a halt with only 4 players left on the pitch for me., and weasel running the ball in turn 16.

Oh well. Block dice were nice to Weasel, but not exactly horrible to me either. He got 8 skulls from 114 block dice, which seems a bit excessively good, although I only got 5 out of 50. Over 50 pows and (!) results for PW meant my block guys were not as well protected as usual, but only one MNG after the injury rolls, so shouldn't complain too much I guess when his claw mighty blow players were charging in frequently.

Now for a final battle against nurgle. Urgh. More armoured claw dudes. Might sack my ogre and induce someone more useful for this one :-). Might also be time to change races at the end of this season, I think humans have hit their plateau at 2000TV and are really struggling to get results these days.
    Point of order: the pass was slightly fortunate, if only because I'd used my TRR on the two go for its to get my ag3 man into quick pass range, but the catch was a piece of piss, since it was one of my ag4 extra arms mans.
    If you want fortunate you need to look slightly beforehand at the Go For It that Groovy took when he was trying to run the ball towards my line and away from my mans - he one'd it, the man went down, the ball spilled in a relatively non-horrible direction for me, and I was able to get men around it.
    On the other hand, he was only in position to grab the ball and run away downfield because I'd been slightly unfortunate the turn before, using my reroll in a failed attempt to get better than block/push on General Zod, rerolling it to push push, then, like an idiot, pushing him straight instead of diagonal - this left him in a position where my ball carrier had to make a dodge, which despite being Ag4 and dodging into clear space, he failed. Not quite as unlucky as Groovy's GFI, but I think me being stupid in the first place was also a bit of luck for him.

I'm not sure about rebooting the team, Groovy; maybe before grubbing the roots up you could try drastically pruning it instead? You've got a spectacular player in General Zod, have you considered lowering your TV drastically by surrounding him by cheaper players who can do a decent job? A handful of blitzers with block and guard could support him adequately; drastically lowering your TV might also let you bring that ogre through the ranks instead of having a newbie one who is out of step with the rest of the team. Do human catchers need a lot of skills to do their job? I guess maybe they need wrestle if you're going to use their pace, and maybe dauntless - but that's bloat again! Resist it!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Do you foul, Groovy?

Maybe try the dark side of the force for a couple of seasons of horrible fouling with dirty player and see if that improves your results?