Page 103 of 345 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 6891
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Wouldn't have helped much last night, as I had the numbers advantage and more men standing up at any given time. I forewent the Helio Doctrine though, and didn't gang foul them off the pitch in the last couple of turns.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I probably should. However, in my experience, effective fouling usually requires some numbers (especially against av9 types) and when you're already down on players early on (due to stuns, mostly), it seems like a poor moment to step on someone on the offchance you might break their armour.

And yeah PW, I mostly meant the whole sequence of events leading to that pass. The catch wasn't a surprise, the failed dodge leading to the ball being scooped up by your beastman who was in range to do that pass after 2 GFIs after I had failed my single GFI to get out range was the fortunate bit (for you!). It was the only moment where I thought 'I could have scored there'.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Always foul Weasel. He deserves it.

Don't always foul Weasel, he gets irrationally attached to things that aren't real (like players in Blood Bowl, or whatever you tell him a little plastic model represents in a board game: "you destroyed my city" - but that's part of the game, I'm supposed to "you destroyed my city". Of course, if you think a seasons long vendetta sounds like fun, foul away.

And Groovy's right. The dice were on my side yesterday.

If any of you gents aren't busy, would you mind accepting my practice team into the challenge league? I'm anxious to test my mettle with some players who don't either RQ or swear at me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Of course, if you know a seasons long vendetta sounds like fun, foul away.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    I'm anxious to test my mettle with some players who don't either RQ or swear at me.
    Add me on steam, what does RQ(ah! rage quit) mean? I cant make any promises about swearing.

Edit: I dont rage quit, but I do blaspheme at nuffle(emboldened, but never capitalised) and Cyanide and the lesser dieties such as Networ Ksynch and Conn Ectionfai-led.

Edit 2:
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    in my experience, effective fouling usually requires some numbers
    Yes indeed, go hard, or go home.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 01-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post

Edit: I dont rage quit, but I do blaspheme at nuffle(emboldened, but never capitalised) and Cyanide and the lesser dieties such as Networ Ksynch and Conn Ectionfai-led.
    Surely blaspheming against Our Lord Almighty invokes terrible rolls upon the heathens that dare to do so?
    Cyanide, well. They deserve everything you can dish out.
    Last edited by SillyWhiteGuy; 01-05-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yes indeed, go hard, or go home.
    But don't go so hard as so you end up turning a perfectly winnable game into a draw by spending the last two turns chasing the sole remaining elf player and getting turnovers on both, eh Helio?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Don't always foul Weasel, he gets irrationally attached to things that aren't real (like players in Blood Bowl, or whatever you tell him a little plastic model represents in a board game: "you destroyed my city" - but that's part of the game, I'm supposed to "you destroyed my city". Of course, if you think a seasons long vendetta sounds like fun, foul away.
    A season's only three games, and we only play each team once. Doesn't sound too scary to me :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Seasons long. Seasons plural.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    But don't go so hard as so you end up turning a perfectly winnable game into a draw by spending the last two turns chasing the sole remaining elf player and getting turnovers on both, eh Helio?
    It was a rare instance of going hard and home at the same time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah you don't want to anger Pweasel, he'd probably sack your minotaur or something.

Actually that'd be doing you a favour, he'd sack a good player instead.

I only foul after half my team is in the injury box.

Anyway, match of me vs Kendial is finally underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Delusibeta View Post
    I only foul after half my team is in the injury box.

Anyway, match of me vs Kendial is finally underway.
    Don't forget to put the results of your matches in the spreadsheet or they won't be validated (also there are some other rules about acid soaked bricks that you don't want to know about). Looks like 2-0 to Delusibeta in game but not sure if it should be put on the spreadsheet yet. Was that the proper score? If so it leaves the season pretty open depending on our last game.

Division K

[Delusibeta] Street Sweeping Scrubs 2 - 0 Smoking Popes [TheKenwyne]

Yes, you've read that right: the Scrubs have finally won a victory. Evidently, the soul of a level 2 linesman is sufficient for Nuffle's blessing, since the Scrubs out-bashed, out-passed and out-ran the Popes. First half was a bit of a meatgrinder, and despite receiving the ball, progress was slow. However, I did inflict an injury and a death (with an apoth attempt that went something like this), in exchange of the ref sending a player off and a KO. Oh, and the Popes' ogre managed to intercept a pass, in a display of blatant and outrageous hax.

Second half was more of the same, however with the Popes being unable to injure my players and running low on players, I managed to break through the scrum to deliver the ball to the endzone. Second phase went something like this:
    Kickoff
    Turn 14: Popes ogre attempts to block, gets skulls for his trouble.
    Scrubs run down the pitch.
    Turn 15: Popes player picks up the ball and attempts a pass. Ball lands beside him.
    Scrubs run down the pitch, mugs the player and scrambles the ball across the line.

Good game, however the Popes got thoroughly nuffled.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    Don't forget to put the results of your matches in the spreadsheet or they won't be validated (also there are some other rules about acid soaked bricks that you don't want to know about). Looks like 2-0 to Delusibeta in game but not sure if it should be put on the spreadsheet yet. Was that the proper score? If so it leaves the season pretty open depending on our last game.
    Aye, when I posted I just finished and when you posted I was still compiling this report.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Joeyjojojunior and I utterly failed to schedule our Div F match. I blame time zones and physics in general.

Admins, please do whatever needs to be done.

Any chance C could be rolled to day 3? Muchoes Thanks.

I won't be able to do any adminning at all today, I'm afraid.

Anybody up for some practice game(s)? Also, if i'm supposed to be asking this someplace else, i do apologize. Not really sure what the protocol is regarding this.