Page 108 of 371 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 7416
    2-1 2-0 2-0 I think

That seems to have been some proper vandalism. There were scores changed in multiple matches, even from the previous rounds and I'm not sure but I think the same person had messed with some of the calculation cells as well.

I just restored it and remade the changes that seemed legit...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Well that's worrisome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Well that's worrisome.
    Should we just set an actual login requirement? then you can see who did what when?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I'd be happy with the BB manager route, feels like it would save quite a bit of effort.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    BBM isn't really practical for our short season, small league format... in fact it would be a bloody nightmare :)

I didn't get to see this one but it sounds like the second act of vandalism this season (in light of this it seems safe to make that assumption about the incident a couple of weeks ago) so maybe we have become big enough to need to stop being so casual and open, but if someone is determined enough to be a petty minded vandal I doubt requiring a login will achieve much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    I doubt requiring a login will achieve much.
    An apply and accept model? That's secure to an extent.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Not so much when we typically have 2/3 new folk each season, often with little/no RPS forum history.

Not so much when we typically have 2/3 new folk each season, often with little/no RPS forum history.
    Ah... hmmm

Hi Aggromaniac, as said in the group chat, I'm out of the country from Friday so need to get the match in soon. Can you accept my Steam invite? Thanks!

[Delusibeta] Street Sweeping Scrubs 0 - 3 Full Moon Foulers [The Brain]

grumble moan grumble.

[on the positive side, no real injuries for my side, while FMF got two Badly Hurts]
    Last edited by Delusibeta; 06-05-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    BBM isn't really practical for our short season, small league format... in fact it would be a bloody nightmare :)

I didn't get to see this one but it sounds like the second act of vandalism this season (in light of this it seems safe to make that assumption about the incident a couple of weeks ago) so maybe we have become big enough to need to stop being so casual and open, but if someone is determined enough to be a petty minded vandal I doubt requiring a login will achieve much.
    Make it so only the admins can enter scores on the results page? In fact, so non-admins can only enter their name and their team name as new joiners in the season info sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Make it so only the admins can enter scores on the results page? In fact, so non-admins can only enter their name and their team name as new joiners in the season info sheet?
    But then the admins would have to search the thread and hope that people posted scores, which doesn't seem very elegant.

Can we require sheet-specific login stuff? Like make the results sheet need a login, but anyone can use the season info tab?

Also - if it's not clear Grinn & I have not played, so don't admin that.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well if people didn't post their scores then their games would get adminned, and elegant or not then I'm pretty sure that posting in the thread would be no more or less effort than posting in the spreadsheet. It would be more work for the admins of course - to manually check every thread.

An alternative would be changing the password every season and PM-ing each active player. More work for the admins too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    How about having one player in each division (changes each season) make any changes to it? Although that could just be a different kind of hassle, rather than less.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    You're right, but players have gone beyond before and asked to give the default win to their opponent. I can also see how the way LowKey phrased his words could have been unfortunately misinterpreted to mean a forfeit defeat even if it wasn't explicitly mentioned as such.
    That makes sense. I'll admit, I wasn't necessarily expecting an adminned loss against Jiiiim, since I made the best effort to play that I could under the circumstances (stupid computer exploding *grumble*). Can't complain too loudly, though, as the schedule issues were pretty much entirely on my end. Best to just be clear about what's intended in future!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Can we require sheet-specific login stuff? Like make the results sheet need a login, but anyone can use the season info tab?
    I believe permission to edit is set on a document level, and then individual pages can be protected by the admin (maybe individual cells too?). We could set it up so that there is a login sheet for everybody and a results sheet for admins to fill in, we'd just need to split it between two different sheets to accomplish that.

As for BBM I don't have any problem using that - although we'd probably have to upload the games into separate DoD leagues instead of all into the single DoD group that's currently present on BBM - or else have some periodic cleanup between seasons - the match list will get a bit crowded otherwise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smaug81 View Post
    That makes sense. I'll admit, I wasn't necessarily expecting an adminned loss against Jiiiim, since I made the best effort to play that I could under the circumstances (stupid computer exploding *grumble*). Can't complain too loudly, though, as the schedule issues were pretty much entirely on my end. Best to just be clear about what's intended in future!
    I was a little surprised by this too, since our match was set to a draw under similar circumstances (without the crash though). To be clear, I think the draw between me and smaug was fair enough, it just seems a bit inconsequential.

I just corrected your scores. Someone erased a couple cells in the season info, Q32 and X32 if I recall, that ended up screwing the tables that rely on that info.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJoose View Post
    I don't know if this is going to be that relevant, what with it being the end of the season and all, but something seems to have gone weird in Div E on the spreadsheet. I'm showing an empty cell for losses and its only showing me having played two games, not three. Doesn't make any difference to the overall results, so it probably doesn't matter. Just thought I should mention it.

Division K seems to have the correct results on the spreadsheet, and is ready to be validated and finalized. Congratulations on your win Brain and good luck on the next tier!