Page 109 of 360 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 7193
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Can we set the spreadsheet to be editable by specific people, and give all the players access? It's a bit of hassle on initial setup and one more step whenever someone joins, but it should stop other attacks on the sheet (or at least we'll see who's done it next time).

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Can we set the spreadsheet to be editable by specific people, and give all the players access? It's a bit of hassle on initial setup and one more step whenever someone joins, but it should stop other attacks on the sheet (or at least we'll see who's done it next time).
    May be a good idea now to have a separate thread for resets and validations rather than filling out a spreadsheet tab? Will save a lot of spreadsheet hassle.

Some tough love on the pitch today between mine and Sandman's lizard teams. A solid defensive line held back the Sandman's push in the first quarter, then a series of catastrophic, but typically lizard, non-catches allowed my slinky skink to sneak in a TD to make it 1-0. Somewhere in the confusion I saw a saurus stretchered off (mine, unfortunately). The next kick saw my side start down to TWO saurii! Amazingly, by some freakish oversight, Sandman's ball carrier then graciously left the ball in his backfield. An opportunity too good to pass up: hop-skip and Langside were sitting 2-0 at the half-time.
    The second half reverted to the traditional reptilian scheme of 'sack the ball and just let the blood flow'. The added pressure of Sandman's bowels meant play was reduced to a series of blocks and counter-blocks (the medic rescuing Sandman's Krox from some nasty injury), with the cowardly skink o'mine hiding in my backfield for the duration after a timid attempt at a push forward.
    In the end it was a tough first half, as expected, ending in an unexpected second TD which set the tone for the 2nd half. A fun game but sadly not great for the Philosoraptors, hopefully we meet again in a more even environment.
    Langside Chillybaws (Darkmalice) 2 - 0 (SandmanXC) Philosoraptors

I did make that webapp which lets you fill in your results back in December. If desired, I could add functionality for registering as a new player, changing your status for next season and whatever else might be needed and we could make that the only way to modify the sheet for non-admins. If needed, we could even make it require a password so you can only modify your own results.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillydusk View Post
    Division K seems to have the correct results on the spreadsheet, and is ready to be validated and finalized. Congratulations on your win Brain and good luck on the next tier!
    Thanks Chillydusk. Onwards and upwards. My AG4 wolf got his second level up so will hopefully be less of a giant target once he gets block. In other news 5 out of 6 MVPs in the last 2 seasons have gone to zombies. Zombie star player here I come!

Since the season is overish, has any thought been made on opening up the availability on the new chaos race to RPS?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I'm still against it because it's still not canon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You, sir, a miseryguts stick-in-the-mud.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    You, sir, a miseryguts stick-in-the-mud.
    You realise I take that as a compliment :)

But seriously folks, I am against it - but not in a "it will ruin my enjoyment of the game and make me quit the DoD" way. I'm not overly exercised by the issue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    At this point I'm all for their inclusion to annoy PW. ;-)

We fear change.

(Ironic, then, that it's the Khorne team we're opposing.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    You fear change. I fear untested, ill-conceived and poorly-realised teams that are in bad need of revisions in order to make sense canonically, let alone mechanically.
    Last edited by Screwie; 08-05-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Besides, everything's part of a scheme of Tzeentch's, even this.

I guess there must have been some testing done by now in the public or other private leagues. How has that worked out?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In terms of FOL results they come in slightly below Khemri.

There is no khorne team above tier 3 in the UKBBL.

In the OCC the combined record (not including the feeder league, for which there are no stats) is 31 wins 11 draws and 37 losses - they are not a popular team.

My record in the OCC feeder league was 2-4-2 (for what it's worth!).

I don't object to them for being an I-win-button team or anything like that, I object to them because they're not part of the greater Blood Bowl corpus and it would distance our league from the tabletop and FUMBBL communities. We already don't have quite the same star players, and we don't quite have all the teams (although I'm not sure all leagues use Slann anyway which would leave Chaos Pact) but adding another team that was never voted in by the BBRC and isn't used by tabletop or FUMBLL would move the Divisions further away from the experience those players have.

That is the kind of deep and principled stance I've come to expect from Pweasel.

This post brought to you by the committee to re-elect President Weasel.

I serve for life, but feel free to form a committee to reanimate and re-elect Cyborg Zombie President Weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    In terms of FOL results they come in slightly below Khemri.

There is no khorne team above tier 3 in the UKBBL.

In the OCC the combined record (not including the feeder league, for which there are no stats) is 31 wins 11 draws and 37 losses - they are not a popular team.

My record in the OCC feeder league was 2-4-2 (for what it's worth!).
    Just a slight amendment to that - I believe Cajun made it into tier 2 of UKBBL with that obscene thirster of his (blodge/tackle)

EDIT: Looks like there's two tier 2 Khorne. Gwelb made it up too
    Last edited by 20phoenix; 08-05-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I have no objection to Khorne now that they have been blooded, beyond them being non-canon, as Weasel mentioned. If we achieve popular consensus then I wouldn't oppose it (If this requires a voting thread, then I'll create that too). As for sheet broken-ness, we could add more controls to who has access etc., but it adds an overhead to us admins. My admin-available time is down close to 0 these days (awwww :-() and I'm fortunate that other nice chaps are picking up my slack. Basicall,y I'm all in favour of rebuilding/refactoring/securing our sheet but I don't have time to do it properly and there hasn't been a suggestion yet that doesn't sound like it will involve more work for admins. (Apart from using the web-app thingy, but thats maybe putting a bit too much pressure on Jolima... :-D).

In other news, Zod (Str 5 blitzer, remember?) died last night :-(. Stupid claw mighty blow nurglemens. Stupid murdering apothecary. 2-2 between me and laneford, even with 5 casualties and 2 KOs in the second half, so retained some pride, and it was an epic battle throughout, but seriously wounded by losing Zod. Not sure whether to sack the humans and move on, or persist. Decisions, decisions. It may be decided by whether or not I stay up. On casualties, it sure doesn't look likely!!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!