Page 114 of 345 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 6889
    Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    I'm gonna drop out of the Divisions for at least one, probably more like two seasons. Summer's going to be a little more busy and I certainly don't want to make the matches feel like a chore.

That said, I had an incredible amount of fun in those two seasons thanks to you fine gentlemen!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Sad to see you go, but I'm glad to hear you will come back.

Somewhat embarrassing having so many people watch me make such a pigs ear of the good fortune I had.

The good luck carried on off the pitch with my Block Catcher rolling snake eyes on the skill up giving me my fourth guard(but only my second block+guard player). More difficult to decide is my frenzy+sidestep+blodge blitzer who rolled a regular.

Diving tackle is a worthy asset, pro would reduce the liability of frenzy, fend would improve his marking.

Any suggestions?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Tackle if you want to be extra sure to down someone, or consider leap for extra surfing/ballcarrier threat. With four mobile guards you should be able to engineer something there quite often. Always a high risk/high reward thing with leap though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Leap + frenzy is a hilarious combo.

I have an ag5 blodge Catcher who I will probably turn into my leap artillery. Tackle is I know "a good idea" and indeed I lack any tackle(1 diving tackle who us great though), but I've just not found the need occurring. That said I've not been facing much blodge.

But really my team agenda is generally "maximise violence, the AG4 will handle the ball stuff", I guess that's tackle?

Dauntless and shadowing are worth a ponder too, dauntless in particular can get you out of a hole now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Dauntless and shadowing are worth a ponder too, dauntless in particular can get you out of a hole now and then.
    Hypothetical wrestle? Yes I know block and wrestle together is immoral, but there we are. Additionally, Jump up=more punching. Frenzy+jump up+sidestep is a funny little thing, if they hit you and don't break armour you will be hitting them back... probably (2+).

So I think I should probably take a season (or two) off as I will be unavailable for pretty much the entire month of June. I'm quite sad about this as I was looking forward to my rematch with Grinn in the champs.

I've marked up the spreadsheet accordingly.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sidestep plus diving tackle is incredibly annoying, especially if the player has blodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Sidestep plus diving tackle is incredibly annoying, especially if the player has blodge.
    My other blitzer has that combo, is doubling up useful or reductive? hmm... I'll ponder on it, maybe see who I face next season before I decide.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    yeah, they can't get away from you and they can't get you away from them. I don't think it's reductive, I think you're doubling your threat.

Pretty sure Aggro hasn't gotten back to Shards about their last match (he missed his last match too, leaving me the only non-win against him, the snot). If that's what we're waiting on before moving on.

We're waiting for the end of the season, and then Groovy checking everything and calculating promotions and relegations. Hopefully we'll have a live draw on Sunday night.
    I'll be giving Shards an admin win, but before then we have the last match of the season, me versus Eardiann, around 9pm UK time this evening.

And I'll actually make this game! Also going to have to sit out at least a season though, with new house duties coming soon

For someone who is going to make the game you are suspiciously not online...

I blame STO. On now!

oh wow, I don't even know how to spend this much inducement moneys
    Last edited by Eard; 11-05-2013 at 09:09 PM.

ANYONE WANTING TO SPECTATE THE FINAL LEAGUE MATCH OF THE SEASON, IT IS ON NOW!

(multiplayer/community/live)

Unbelievable, he got an inaccurate pass with his skink and it WENT STRAIGHT TO THE OTHER SKINK FOR A TOUCHDOWN.

Hmm, got disconnected round about turn 12. The game gave me a 3-1 victory but I'm more likely to set it to 1-1 - unless Eard wants to give it another go?
    Last edited by President Weasel; 11-05-2013 at 10:22 PM.

And network connection lost to servers. The play that should never have been now never was

Edit: No time to run through another full game now :( I'm fine either 1-1, or if you want to take it 2-1. I was quickly running out of time/space/players there
    Last edited by Eard; 11-05-2013 at 10:24 PM.

I had a pretty good shot at your ball carrier, but with skinks you never know - they can always magic something up like the skink who rode a 3 dice hit and got 3 pushes, then made 3 dodges, then the ball flew straight into his hands on an inaccurate pass and he caught it. 1-1 seems fair to me.

SEASON OVER. STAY TUNED FOR NEXT SEASON - Groovy should be doing the draw tomorrow evening with any luck.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 11-05-2013 at 10:40 PM.