Page 116 of 366 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 7310
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Ok, live draw complete, go and apply for your new divisions. Welcome all new players to this season, now's the time to check the sheet and apply in-game. Hopefully we can get the new season started by... Wednesday? We should all really know how to do this by now....

@NieA7, my little post-it note here suggests Drawlien beat you by 1 in the TD+Cas difference game. Feel free to challenge me if you don't think that's right? FYI, I use the Cyanide standard version of Casualties and TDs, not sure if that makes a difference or not.

@Everyone hwo asked about my humans, yes, they have been mothballed. I was running out of fun games and some tough games this season convinced me I'd rather have the fun of bringing up a new team for a bit. I need to see some levelling, really (cue me getting 0 spps in my first season). And yes, I went with Norse again. I couldn't be that unlucky twice, could I?

I call BS! What is my team with 6 games played doing in the same division as a team that has players with 59 games played and 2070 TV if all players were non-injured!
    And another team that dropped from Tier 1!
    Oh well... happens. As always, I will try to endure and come on top!
    Good luck to all my opponents this month, and I will do the underdog thing and try to surprise someone... maybe!

EDIT: BTW, you forgot to get the N4 team in a division!!
    Last edited by Chillydusk; 12-05-2013 at 09:34 PM.

You're not alone Chillydusk, my first match is my 3rd consecutive against Lizardmen... only this time I'm at a 1010TV deficit!

Though my other opponents are gobbos and some beaten up Delves... so I should probably just take my medicine and hope to have some players left for match day 2!
    Last edited by Shar_ds; 12-05-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shar_ds View Post
    Though my other opponents are gobbos...
    Another round, another relegation... *sigh*
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Damn it, up against the ministry again. Bloody centaurs, I hate them. And Nurglers, ugh, this is going to be rough. If you nurgle my girls I will cry.

Do we need filler teams anywhere then?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    The large number of dropouts have made this a particularly swingy season. At times like this I can see the benefits of the old ladder format versus the current one.

(Also we have 1 too many Lizardman teams, how long has that been the case?)

Re-match Sandman! Bet he's loving that.

Activated Node
    Oy! I got a couple of blocky Saurus' now. Show some respect!
    Steam - SandmanXC

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Oh bloody hell, Jolima and Zoraster, both of whom were wily veterans when I joined, plus Wink's lizards who have beaten me before.

A prediction for my first game this season:

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Oh bloody hell, Jolima and Zoraster, both of whom were wily veterans when I joined, plus Wink's lizards who have beaten me before.
    I faced that double bullet last season and am eager to start a season without them ;)

Ouch - from L to E for a rookie team - ah well at least Everblue is in the same boat ... plan on maintaining my "adventurous" coaching style ... seems to be paying off somewhat!

Those guys falling off the cliff have far too many limbs attached to have been playing Grinns Orcs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphatty View Post
    Ouch - from L to E for a rookie team - ah well at least Everblue is in the same boat ... plan on maintaining my "adventurous" coaching style ... seems to be paying off somewhat!
    Sadly it's not the same team.

I have returned with a team that I played for my first 4 or 5 seasons in the Divisions, which got relegated from tier 2 the last time I played them. It's not actually that scary a team - no tackle, only 2 MB players (one of whom is the mino) but the TV is bloated beyond belief and I'll be seeing Morg every game I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Ok, live draw complete, go and apply for your new divisions. Welcome all new players to this season, now's the time to check the sheet and apply in-game. Hopefully we can get the new season started by... Wednesday? We should all really know how to do this by now....
    I didn't do this part before - do I have to manually quit the league I'm current in (I) and apply to one I've been assigned? Thought my team would've left automagically for some reason.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes, you have to manually quit the league and reapply to your new division.

...and some beaten up Delves...
    Who haven't won a game yet and still lack any witch elves so I think you'll be fine!

To those facing big TV deficits - so long as you're not up against a seriously bashy team, things tend to work out okay - and sometimes even then. Take the chance to have a play with the inducements - Morg and a Chef combined can go a long way to ruining any team's day. And a Wizard to garnish.
    Last edited by Screwie; 13-05-2013 at 09:45 AM.

Is there a reliable list anywhere of what inducements/star players are actually supported by Cyanide?

@Ethelred - After the Lizzies have had their way with me, I may have even less :D

Is there a reliable list anywhere of what inducements/star players are actually supported by Cyanide?
    Every team can choose from:

• 0-2 Wandering Apothecaries (or Igors for undead sides) - 100k
    • 0+ Team Training (extra TRR) - 100k
    • 0-2 Babes - 50k
    • 0-3 Bribes - 100k (50k for Goblins)
    • 0-1 Wizard - 150k
    • 0-1 Chef - 300k (100k for Halflings)
    • 0+ Mercenaries - cost of player+30k, and an extra +50k if you give them an extra (normal roll) skill

The Cyanide version doesn't use the special play cards, nor does it have the full Star Player roster.

I couldn't tell you who is available for each team off the top of my head, but you can check for yourself by creating an exhibition match against a higher TV AI controlled side (Classic mode, of course).
    Last edited by Screwie; 13-05-2013 at 10:46 AM.