Page 117 of 375 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 7497
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post

• 0-1 Chef - 300k (150k for Halflings)
    • 100K for halflings, I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Oops yeah, that's right. I'll edit that now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A dirty player merc and a bribe can go a long way to evening up the odds for a team with a TV disadvantage. It costs the price of a lino +180K.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    A dirty player merc and a bribe can go a long way to evening up the odds for a team with a TV disadvantage. It costs the price of a lino +180K.
    And there's nothing there you'd need to reroll either; if you're using him for assists and for stamping on mans his lonerishness won't be a drawback at all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    If you don't have leader, a leader merc thrower is completely justified too. Think of it as a psudeo foul +team reroll.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I couldn't tell you who is available for each team off the top of my head, but you can check for yourself by creating an exhibition match against a higher TV AI controlled side (Classic mode, of course).
    I think if you look at each team in the player viewer it will list that teams available star players/

Seems that my Norse could get Morg 'n' Thorg, Zara the Slayer or Icepelt Hammerblow...

I've certainly done the DP+Merc before, brings a certain gay abandon to the game!

Fouling his mans may end up being the only realistic route.... nothing much else that's going to get any of those Saurii or Krox beasts off the field... That, or play 16 turns of keeping my men out of base contact and hope to have a team left to play the rest of the group games!

Obscure Node
    Erm, well this is awkward. I joined the group for organizing matches, but how do I post? Can't seem to find a reply button.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I need to approve before you can post. Which should be sorted by the time you read this :-)

I have created a star player thread here for reference:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...691#post301691

My best advice for working out large quantities of inducements is to go into single player and start an exhibition match with your race and the Reikland Reavers as opponents. You can then mess around with the inducements until you hit the magic number.

• 0-2 Wandering Apothecaries (or Igors for undead sides) - 100k
    Small point but the regen sides (Undead, Nurgle, Necro and Khemri) can only hire a maximum of one Igor, not two like wandering apos for other sides. This is balanced out by Igor's being utterly, utterly useless, so really it's just 100k saved for the unwary.
    Last edited by NieA7; 13-05-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Activated Node
    Pestigor with +1 AG (no other skills) just got another +1 AG opportunity on level up. Take it, or give him a skill of some sort (rolled an 11, so standard skill access).

He's probably going to be my new ball carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDave123 View Post
    Pestigor with +1 AG (no other skills) just got another +1 AG opportunity on level up. Take it, or give him a skill of some sort (rolled an 11, so standard skill access).

Oh hellz yeah

Quote Originally Posted by MadDave123 View Post

Ag5 is of a strange significance, it is the highest AG that is actually useful. A medium pass is 2+, picking up in a tacklezone is 2+, dodging into a tacklezone is 2+.

It changes the rules.

I have a bad feeling about this season, looks like i'm in a league with 2 lizards and an undead... how many elfs will survive, place your bets now o.O Quick question, is there an easy way to check the detail of teams you're up against or just wait till they join and then look in the league itself? ... Also, why do I sem to be unable to create line breaks? The 'Enter' button, it does nothing, nooothiiiing _

Quote Originally Posted by the.alleycat.uk View Post
    Also, why do I sem to be unable to create line breaks? The 'Enter' button, it does nothing, nooothiiiing _
    Your keyboard is broken.

that would explain why my BloodBowl playing is so bad... it's not the case however.

Quote Originally Posted by the.alleycat.uk View Post
    i'm in a league with 2 lizards and an undead... how many elfs will survive,
    Maw, start diggin' some Elf-holes.

Obscure Node
    I would not take AG 5, a skill would probably be of far more use. The range of effectiveness for AG 5 is relatively small considering the fact that you are not playing a dodge heavy team, so unless you actively go looking fo it, there should seldom be situations where AG 5 can shine. I would however take it as a fifth level up or so.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I disagree with that, AG5 and Horns would be a massive threat as a ball hunter on defence. Even dodging into a full cage, you're looking at a 4+ for a good hit on the ballcarrier. If you add leap as a later skill, he becomes unstoppable.

I'd take the +AG then follow it up with (assuming no more good rolls) Wrestle, Leap, Strip Ball. Even if you never actually use his abilities, the opponent will be adjusting their gameplan to account for him.