Page 118 of 361 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 7204
    Obscure Node
    That is correct, but I'm more of an conventionalist, when playing Nurgle I don't really see the need for a cage breaker with leap, you can after all simply outbash your opponent most of the time, and it would be wasting a ball carrier that can have AG 4 and block. But of course, that's just me. :)

LE:
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Leap is my favorite skill. With mutation access on nurgle i think it would be a wasted opportunity to not get AG5 and leap, and then get ELL and just bunny hop erry day.
    That would make no difference, leap with AG 5 is 2+ already.
    Last edited by TG06; 14-05-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Leap is my favorite skill. With mutation access on nurgle i think it would be a wasted opportunity to not get AG5 and leap, and then get VLL and just bunny hop erry day.
    Last edited by SillyWhiteGuy; 14-05-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the.alleycat.uk View Post
    I have a bad feeling about this season, looks like i'm in a league with 2 lizards and an undead... how many elfs will survive, place your bets now o.O Quick question, is there an easy way to check the detail of teams you're up against or just wait till they join and then look in the league itself? ... Also, why do I sem to be unable to create line breaks? The 'Enter' button, it does nothing, nooothiiiing _
    Go to community - coaches - search - coach name then type in the coaches name. Click OK don't press enter then just find the team on his team list

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think with nurgle it's hard to take the initiative - with such slow players you are always reacting to your opponent and trying to control the pitch. An AG5 player gives your team unpredictability. I would really love an AG5 beastman with no other skills on my chaos team.

Quote Originally Posted by TG06 View Post
    That is correct, but I'm more of an conventionalist, when playing Nurgle I don't really see the need for a cage breaker with leap, you can after all simply outbash your opponent most of the time, and it would be wasting a ball carrier that can have AG 4 and block. But of course, that's just me. :)
    Funny thing :), I have the exact opposite idea when I play. Having one or two players diverge from the main purpose of the team gives it depth. I plan to have a couple beastman a bit more elvish on my current team, the same way that I enjoy having Elves with guard and +strength.
    If you're playing just bash, that will be your only solution for any situation, and if you're only playing avoidance, you will only be able to run away. Being able to splash some diversity seems to be the clear winner.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillydusk View Post
    the same way that I enjoy having Elves with guard and +strength.
    Yeah, its the open despair when the opponent realises you have more guard then them and they start taking 1 Die blocks. That's what makes it beautiful. More chaos players should up their passing game too, they are slow, surely flinging the ball would be a good thing.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I've got and AG5 (well ag4 + two heads) Beastman on my Chaos guys with strip ball str 4 (with horns) blitzing into a cage is hard to deal with. You don't even have to do it sometimes just the threat of them can force your opponent into an error as he/she tries to deal with him.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Go to community - coaches - search - coach name then type in the coaches name. Click OK don't press enter then just find the team on his team list
    Thanks for the info, with a sense of dread I go to look up my future opponents. :)

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillydusk View Post
    Funny thing :), I have the exact opposite idea when I play.
    Yeah, well, this is why I played dwarfs for a very long time (I believe at some moment I had actually played 10 or 15 games and not even a hand off), doesn't get more conventional than that. But my point wasn't to have a limited style of play rather than focus on your strengths. Again, just a preference, I really dislike playing teams with superstars (not that I mind if I get 2x+ST or anything *hopes Nuffle hears* :D).

By the way, I joined my division and waiting to be accepted. How long does it usually take until the season starts?
    Last edited by TG06; 14-05-2013 at 03:56 PM.

Leagues are approved top-down to accommodate player movement(for example if someone drops or something, he'll be replaced by someone from a lower division).

Also to answer your question generally a day or two once everyone has applied.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yeah, its the open despair when the opponent realises you have more guard then them and they start taking 1 Die blocks. That's what makes it beautiful. More chaos players should up their passing game too, they are slow, surely flinging the ball would be a good thing.
    To me, any mutation team that doesn't broaden its options is wasting it. It's the most flexible skill pool by a long shot, and the reason chaos teams should be feared.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I have an AG5 MA4 double niggled rotter who's still rocking around the divisions.

He's brilliant.

Always go AG5.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Right you 'orrible lot! I was hoping we'd be nearly there by now, but we're missing.... 13 players so far. I'll name names for anyone who hasn't applied tomorrow, then you'll have until Thursday, at which point I'll get grumpy and start moving people around to fill in space

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! DEADLINE THURSDAY, HOP TO IT!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Activated Node
    A) Thanks for all the banter about AG5 on my pesti. I think I shall most definitely keep it.

B)
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Right you 'orrible lot! I was hoping we'd be nearly there by now, but we're missing.... 13 players so far. I'll name names for anyone who hasn't applied tomorrow, then you'll have until Thursday, at which point I'll get grumpy and start moving people around to fill in space
    Oops, I'm one of them. Totally forgot to sign up. Doing it now.

I however like a good name and shame so heres what we have left:

Champs, Tier 1 and Tier 2 are done and have been started. Also Divs G and H from Tier 3 as they would be unaffected by any reshuffle

Tier 3 is waiting on Delusibeta and Chainsawhands
    Tier 4 is waiting on Aggro Maniac, Kenwyne, BigC and Ranek
    Tier 5 is missing Alandro

Chop, chop folks!

Applied to E. Apologies for the delay, technical difficulties with the game, now fixed (hopefully).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Nice bit of naming and shaming there, I approve.

Since Alandro never posted here, and he just wrote his details on the first line of the spreadsheet (destroying other info there), I don't think he will be showing up, but I hope I'm wrong. If that happens and by Thursday we are missing only him, I would like to suggest the replacement of Alandro with Darthzombie and his Halflings, currently unassigned (N4).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Duly noted Chilly, DarthZombie, if you're about, there is a reasonable chance of a place for you in this season. Have your team on standby!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And which of our admins would end up with those halflings in their division eh? With NORSE! You should be ashamed of yourself :)