Page 119 of 321 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 6414
    Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Duly noted Chilly, DarthZombie, if you're about, there is a reasonable chance of a place for you in this season. Have your team on standby!
    I will let him know, since he sort of followed me here. :)

Activated Node
    Duly noted Chilly, DarthZombie, if you're about, there is a reasonable chance of a place for you in this season. Have your team on standby!
    Always ready to be curbstomped!

Quote Originally Posted by TG06 View Post
    I will let him know, since he sort of followed me here. :)
    Why must you always give a gay vibe to everything?

The remaining Tier 3 divs are now complete and have been set on their merry way. Divs J and K have also been started. We are now missing just Aggro, Kenwyne and Ranek from Tier 4. With three teams already in place in M it is looking quite likely those three will get moved into Tier 4 to fill in the gaps unless the applications are in by tomorrow evening. As we have invited DarthZombie into the season it would be rude not to accommodate him so filler team fans get those teams prepared!!

Yeh I can do the fillers stuffs.

Activated Node
    Hello! I was thinking of submitting a team but I assumed I was too late for this season, does this talk of 'fillers' mean there might be space? Cheers!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    There might be space! I'd always rather have a human than a filler team, so if you're around this evening and can get your application in at short notice, it looks like we'll have a place for you. Even if not, put your name on the sheet as a new player and you'll be top of the list for next season, but it looks likely you'll get in tonight.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Activated Node
    There might be space! I'd always rather have a human than a filler team, so if you're around this evening and can get your application in at short notice, it looks like we'll have a place for you. Even if not, put your name on the sheet as a new player and you'll be top of the list for next season, but it looks likely you'll get in tonight.
    Cool stuff, I've added my name to the sheet and I'll create the team when I get home tonight (should be about 6pm UK)

Activated Node
    I've made my team and applied to the group on the forums, let me know if you want me to apply to a div or if I should wait til next time.

Cheers

Right, I threatened, and will now follow-through -

If you haven't got your application in to your division in-game by 9pm tonight, you will be lost for this season!

You will of course, be allowed to return next season, hopefully having learnt an important lesson about punctuality and paying-attention-ness.

New guys, this means there'll likely be slots or some sort of half-filler, half new players league occurring tonight, so hopefully you'll find out where to apply a bit later.

Thekenwyne is about to apply for Div I, managed to get in touch with him on steam. Give him a couple more min if possible Groovy.

EDIT: Should be fine now.
    EDIT2: GL on the Hadwick semi-finals Walrus.
    Last edited by Chillydusk; 16-05-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Ok, I can't hang on any longer - aggro, alandro and karandraz good buddy, didn't catch you on steam this evening (think I just missed you aggro) otherwise I'd have pinged you a reminder. But unfortunately, you've just missed the start of the season :-(. Not my favourite job. This means that myself and a.n. other have a promotion. I think I'll leave those in the M division to find their feet. Darthzombie, would you mind playing up against a couple of teams with a ocuple of levels? Should help your inducement strategy (which is key for halflings!).

If so, that means I'm up to I (to stop me picking on the new guys), DarthZombie is in L and JClooth is in M. That means whoever asked first for the filler team (Chillydusk?) can join the new guys in M for this season. Everything sound ok? Spreadsheet has been updated!

START ORGANISING YOUR FIRST GAME!

I app'd with my newly raised Vampires. They are screaming for blood, the thralls' blood most likely.

EDIT: I updated the team's info in the spreadsheet but i believe you have to sort someway in order for my results to show correctly.
    Last edited by Chillydusk; 16-05-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Activated Node
    Darthzombie, would you mind playing up against a couple of teams with a ocuple of levels? Should help your inducement strategy (which is key for halflings!).
    Of course I won't mind, I always start a half team with tv 900 just for that! Gotta love stealing some rerolls!
    Last edited by DarthZombie; 16-05-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Enh, they had plenty of warning and plenty of time, and I didn't see any of them post to say they'd be delayed or ask someone else to log in for 'em. Maybe this will teach them a valuable lesson.

Someone accept DarthZombie into L so we can see who gets cheffed first?

Activated Node
    I've applied to M thanks a lot!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shar_ds View Post
    Someone accept DarthZombie into L so we can see who gets cheffed first?
    Done. Teams accepted, L and M started off, fixtures checked.

So, Norse advancement tips... opportunity to buy my 12th player, do I go for the Runner or the Yehtee? Delves, then Flings then gobbos coming up... buying any player gives many inducement opportunities to the delves and flings...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    DISCLAIMER: I haven't yet played as Norse.

I would, however, take the runner as the 12th player, just because with your low armour and bashy play style, you're going to take casualties sooner or later, and you'll need replacements for them who can score or mark or do something other than stand still clobbering people as is a yeti's wont. I'd fill up my Amazon positionals (who are similar to Norse, stat-wise) before getting a Big Guy in (not that the latter is an option for me anyway). Especially if you have delves next - they'll likely have stab-happy players, who are at their best against block-heavy, low-armour teams like yours, and they won't have any big strength advantage you need to match.

Experienced players may know better, though.

As the only players in the Norse roster with agility skill access on a normal roll, you'll want two Runners ASAP.

I'd recommend getting dodge and perhaps sidestep first, making full use of the agi skills, then opting for either ball-carrying or defensive skills depending on how you intend to use them. I've taken to preferring the defensive route myself, but it depends on your playstyle.

Yhetees are... difficult players, in my experience. They have potential, but Wild Animal can be so much more of a pain than Really Stupid, and that Frenzy can get you into a lot of trouble if you're not careful. That said, they're an armour-chewing beast once they've got Mighty Blow, and with the right support they can tear through players like paper. Messy, congealed paper.

Unless they roll a 1. Which for me is unfortunately often.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com