Page 12 of 351 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    (Wink5000) Death Vengeance of Doom 2 - 1 Altdorf Army (Alistair Hutton)
    One of the toughest matches I've had in this league and it was against hu mans! AH played well and this could have ended the otherway around aswell. Biggest mistake for me was the failure to notice the one turn TD capability of the human catcher who ofcourse capitalized on it for 1-1. Anyhow very enjoyable game overall!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by wink5000 View Post
    One of the toughest matches I've had in this league and it was against hu mans! AH played well and this could have ended the otherway around aswell. Biggest mistake for me was the failure to notice the one turn TD capability of the human catcher who ofcourse capitalized on it for 1-1. Anyhow very enjoyable game overall!
    At TV1000 I like nothing more than facing off against Lizardmen, who are limited with with no handling or blocking skills. The plethora of human re-roll skills really give them the edge. Once there's some development though those Sauruses become monsters and the Skinks are slippery bastards. Even though there was a 400 TV gap between us I was worried.

I think my worry caused me to over commit on your drive, and then I forgot about your wizard on my drive. So lucky he only knocked over my thrower. But those turns of madness with the ball intercepted, crowd throw, loose thrown fumbled picked up knocked dow and finally recovered by Man Skink were just crazy nuts. I thought I had it twice. I now realsie I should have picked up the ball with Grayland and handed it off rather than just stood over the ball. But that's a pure hindsight call. Seemed like the right move at the time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Could a kindly admin roll on Div. J please?

Just lost 2-0 in a completely fucking nuffle match against Mr Weasel.

Too pissed off to post about it, I'll leave the gloating to him.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Division B Week 3

Red Skull Reavers (Chaos, Pres Weasel) 2 - 0 Dead Comics Society (Khemri, JayTee)

He's not wrong there. The game was effectively over by around turn 10, despite JayTee not doing anything on the pitch that anyone could point to as bad play. His tomb guardians, despite being impressive on paper (one of them has strength 6!), failed to break much armour on the pitch or achieve more than a stun on the few occasions they did. The Reavers, on the other hand, were having a good day with the armour dice, and even though the khemri regenerated a surprising proportion of the injuries it still left them off the pitch (I think the only one they failed to regen from was a broken collar bone to a low SPP blitzer). Also the tomb guardian who was KO'd early in the first half slept through the entire rest of the game, which tilted the strength scales nicely in my favour.

I went into the second half one nil up and kicking to the Khemri, expecting the usual unstoppable grind with tomb guardians smashing my players aside as I fruitlessly try to stop them. I took a short kick, partly to try to keep the ball away from his kickoff return player, and partly in the hope that I could bum rush the ball before he could pick it up and form a proper cage - and I got a blitz. Since I was already planning to rush the ball I had my entire team set up forwards, and I managed to get about two thirds of a cage around the ball before it had landed. Nuffle even gave my sure hands player a 6 for the catch to rub it in; it really wasn't JayTee's game.
    He did manage to get the ball carrier down, but the ball spilled quite kindly for me and I got it back and kept it for the rest of the game while JayTee's team got whittled down by the chaos. The last 6 or so turns can't have been any fun for JayTee as he had fewer and fewer players, and the Khemri's abysmal agility gave them little chance of getting free and hitting the ball player. They did manage to foul Professor Brian Cox, Str 5 chaos warrior and TV science presenter, off the pitch, but he was just badly hurt and I was happy to see him get out of a Khemri game without being stat injured.

My minotaur, bought in a fit of depression after another poor season and called "NOTHING ELSE HAS WORKED", had one of his best ever games - so I thanked him by firing him. 2110 TV is frankly ridiculous, and I shouldn't need him next season. When the dice are with you, they're with you - I rolled double 6 on War Face's level up, and now have two Str 5 chaos warriors.

It's promotion time again in the Red Skull Reavers rollercoaster ride through the Divisions.

Last edited by President Weasel; 05-01-2013 at 09:30 PM.

Div A will have to be defaulted I'm afraid. Jarvis asked to pass before New Year due to illness, but I've hung on mentioning it here to give him maximum opportunity to change his mind if he started feeling better. Unfortunately he hasn't so please roll us on to day three, and get well soon Jarvis.

Division 2 - Global Warping 0-1 Dwarven Giants

A depressing game for the rats. First half saw half the team depitched in KO's, no realistic shots at the carrier and a wizard going 0/3 on knockdowns. However Snoozer gave up a surefire TD attempting to handoff behind a screen and my big hand rat whisked it away. There was still a chance for a score but the rats had done enough the previous turn and Snoozers freak runner fumbled the pass.

Second half the rats spent a couple of turns trying to get something free downfield to get their noses in front but the dwarf defence was solid. However a few turns in the dwarf defence had mostly shifted right and the skaven dived down the left with the ball in the hands of the thrower and most of the rest of the team running interference. A slightly fortuitous 1d block snapped the neck of the blodge vermin and with the team mostly tied down the thrower had to go right to the sideline caged by two gutters. A similarly fortuitous 1d block freed up another gutter and got the freak runner marked up. However this didnt stop him making multiple dodges and GFI's to surf the thrower. With the ball landing by a dwarf and the team all marked up it was hero play time and the AG5 runner made his own set of multiple dodges to pick up the ball but failed the pass to an unmarked AG2 linerat who would have scored (a pass blocker made it more difficult by marking the receiver but itwould have failed anyway) Freak runner swooped in and scooped up the ball, firing a pass to a blitzer waiting downfield and that was the game.

Probably could have won had I planned the turn following the thrower surf better but I didn't so I didn't. After consecutive seasons against them I pray to Nuffle I don't face them again next season. Dwarves are a bad matchup for Skaven but these stat adjusted freaks are horrendous! 5 SPPs from the match and they fell on a rookie linerat didnt exactly cheer me up either

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The "Tzeentchian Spirits" Faced the other (high)elves "All the shinies", they had more loners(1 vs 3), we had more blodge(3 vs 1), I was quietly confident. Early on he used up his wizard knocking out a lineman, and that didn't stop me scoring.

But his Blodgeman could do no wrong, time and time again he would blitz himself free or dodge to a score, Its not like I didn't score myself but I couldn't stem the tide, it wasn't even a game of disgusting helf passes, indeed every pass was a safe 2+ which might as well have been a handoff.

So, then in the last few turns when I sit a 4 elf cage on his blodger(including 2 blodgers) I dared hope he'd roll a push or a BD... or Tzeentch forbid some skulls. instead he manages a chain of 2 die blocks, all without rerolls and then dodges away to score... 3-2 to "All the shinies"... Yerp.

I should be glad I wasn't further injured I guess, a mv9 catcher took a niggle which I'm sure will hang over his career and a lineman took a retirable -st. And the good news was i took a much larger cut of the earnings and i can now buy my third catcher (named obsession) so I wont miss my injured one next match too much.

Most notably 2 of my linemen leveled up, previously I only had 1 lineman level and he got guard. These 2 were both regs, any suggestions? I'm thinking wrestle or block, maybe to stop them getting knocked over, but I guess dodge is okay about that too.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I always take dodge first on my high elves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Kick, if you don't have it.

Depends how well developed the teams you're facing are - lots of tackle? Skip dodge and go for wrestle. Otherwise dodge is a solid choice to aid with repositioning and keeping your team vertical. Kick i'd rather leave for the backup thrower as it leaves your linos to do what they're made for - taking hits and getting in the way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'll hold off, until I see who I'm facing next season... Unless I face dwarves I guess double dodge.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    But his Blodgeman could do no wrong, time and time again he would blitz himself free or dodge to a score, Its not like I didn't score myself but I couldn't stem the tide, it wasn't even a game of disgusting helf passes, indeed every pass was a safe 2+ which might as well have been a handoff.
    Well, actually my pass to set up the two-turn winner at the end was a 3+ :-P

Quite chuffed to finally get a win for my Helfs after 6 matches, especially after Helio scored on my initial drive despite me wasting the Wizard trying to stop him. Managed two-turn touchdowns at the end of each half when I really needed them, thanks to my heroic blodge blitzer.

Not enough for me to persevere with the team though. I'm rerolling with something a bit punchier next season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    First lineelf to get a normal skill is always kick for me.
    Last edited by mrpier; 05-01-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Most notably 2 of my linemen leveled up, previously I only had 1 lineman level and he got guard. These 2 were both regs, any suggestions? I'm thinking wrestle or block, maybe to stop them getting knocked over, but I guess dodge is okay about that too.
    For the first I'd take kick if you don't have it. Wrestle or dodge would be my standard, but side step is an exotic alternative (probably better if you already have some developed linos).

In other news Brain and I played our Div 1 day 3 game. Final score was 2-1 to my necros over his elves, but that doesn't really tell the whole story. The whole game was played in a blizzard and I manged to murder 3 of his players (apo saved 1) including his agi5 blitzer. With a steady stream of KOs and injuries I was able to stall in the first half until turn 8 (he recieved so only got 1 roll on KOs and chance to change weather) and in the second half I scored comfortably. Brain scored a 2 turn consolation TD on turn 15 and that was it.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Well it finally happened. My Pro-elf team, the mighty Masquerade Ballers have been killed! PD's Necro's now have two new players and I have lost my star blitzer (AG5, blodge, tackle, DT). I had decided that when I lost one of my blitzers (Along with my kicker, the only original team members) it would be time to hang up the teams pointy toed boots. I'm now polishing the pointy toed boots of a brand new Delf team to start the New Year with. Still AG4 but with a bit more punch and a little more armour. Now I just need to figure out how the hell I change the spreadsheet.

As for the match, PD won 2-1, killed three of my players (one apothed to BH) and generally tore me a new one. OUCH!

Edit: I've made changes to the spreadsheet for my new team which I think should be ok. I put in the new name and the race in {}.
    Last edited by The Brain; 05-01-2013 at 09:01 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Div 1 matches validated. Div 1 have finished day 3! Well done, Div 1.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    Well it finally happened. My Pro-elf team, the mighty Masquerade Ballers have been killed! PD's Necro's now have two new players and I have lost my star blitzer (AG5, blodge, tackle, DT). I had decided that when I lost one of my blitzers (Along with my kicker, the only original team members) it would be time to hang up the teams pointy toed boots. I'm now polishing the pointy toed boots of a brand new Delf team to start the New Year with. Still AG4 but with a bit more punch and a little more armour. Now I just need to figure out how the hell I change the spreadsheet.

As for the match, PD won 2-1, killed three of my players (one apothed to BH) and generally tore me a new one. OUCH!

Edit: I've made changes to the spreadsheet for my new team which I think should be ok. I put in the new name and the race in {}.
    I'm fairly sure you did it wrong. AFAIK you're supposed to Z your old team and put the details of your new team right at the bottom with {curly brackets} and all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Problem with high elf lino with kick is he has be off the LoS to use it. Often not where you need him to be. That said, kick is phenomenally useful for any elf team.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am thinking of kick on my defensive thrower, rather than a Lino. Otherwise it's hard to fit all 4 catchers on the pitch.