Page 122 of 321 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 6414
    Quote Originally Posted by TG06 View Post
    So, me and SillyWhiteGuy played our match, I won 3-2, but didn't get any money or SPP, it's like the game data wasn't saved for my team. What gives?

LE:
    Ok, did that, thanks for clearing it up.
    I would just like to take this opportunity to say i hate you and everything you stand for, you elfy bastard :D.

Being two points up at half time only just to see the elf coach dodge, pass and one dice his way to victory really grinds my gears. Still, plenty of spp and no injuries, so can't complain.

Obscure Node
    I so hate you more. Sending that Ghoul without any defense only to resist 4 2 dice blocks. Still, as a piece of advice, since you did it again in the second half and it costed you the match: you have to cage the ball carrier, even more so when playing against an AG 4 team (when you lose the ball to the opponent, it's usually over). :)

Nice match though, and good luck in the ones that follow.
    Last edited by TG06; 18-05-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    The major problem I have with employing the leader caddy thrower is how to get them on the field defensively. The norse toolbox requires a lot of bodies once you are moderately developed; four spots are always filled by zerkers and ulfs if healthy, leaving you with just four places on the field for any runners, guard linos, snow troll and dirty player before you even consider luxury items like a kicker, +ag lino or thrower. Leader is a false economy at the best of times but when you already struggle to have enough non-LoS spots for key personnel it becomes even more counter-productive.
    What are your thoughts on skills for Norse linemen? I was thinking fend or dirty player, and then sack them if they get to 16spp without a double. Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    What are your thoughts on skills for Norse linemen? I was thinking fend or dirty player, and then sack them if they get to 16spp without a double. Do you agree?
    Fend is your friend for your norse linemen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Division 1

Red Skull Reavers (Chaos, Pres Weasel) 1 - 0 Primordial Stew (Nurgle, Jolima)

Jolima couldn't quite get the ball to the line in the second half, but I'd be a lot more pleased with a win against one of the top (and most Swedish) coaches in the Divisions if it hadn't cost me Professor Brian Cox. He's been with me from the start, named as a little private joke (my four Chaos Warriors were called Tank, Hammer, Mauler, and Professor Brian Cox, the four most frightening and warlike names I could think of). 51 games played now, and I'm pretty sure I need to sack him.
    I used my apoc on turn 9, turning a KO into a stun. He was my +str guard player, and I figured I needed the str and guard, and the body on the field since we were unlikely to get another drive, to keep Jolima's team in check. I realised this left my star players with no protection if they took a bad injury, but the chances were pretty low as Jolima didn't have any claw.

He did have plenty of mighty blow though. Prof Cox took a broken collarbone with about 3 turns to go.

220TV for one player, a player with +move, +str, block, tentacles, and now -str. I can't really justify 220TV for a str 4 move 6 player whose tentacles don't work very well because strength 4, can I? He's an original Reaver though, and I (genuinely) feel sad about letting him go. What do you think, internet? Time to retire him?

I killed a rotter in the first half, and claw finally kicked in in turn 16 when the match was already won when I killed a level 3 nurgle warrior - on the whole I think this was a better match for Wink and Zoraster than it was for me or Jolima, since they'll have weaker teams to face next game.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 18-05-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Pretty much, although you do need a sprinkling of tackle so I don’t tend to cut them until 31 and even then that can be a handy moment for a marginal toolbox skill like sure hands. In truth turnover is so high it rarely comes up. Once you’ve got your guard lino/s the only place your bog standard fend guys typically get on the pitch is on the LoS and as you never apoth them the odds on getting much beyond 16 without MVP hogging are slim.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Pres, I’d hold fire on making the call. Yes he needs to be cut at some point but you already have a strength advantage in your next game so you can carry a missing warrior, and as you are also potentially facing a trio of Claw Mighty blowers you may take further CAS. Given your final game is against a high strength lizard outfit you may find Cox is worth keeping on the roster even if the rest of your squad get there in one piece.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Looks like Div. H is finished with day one. Managed to grind Rotekian's Dark Elves into a 2-1 defeat with my chaos. Was a pretty standard bash-game, Rotekian scored on turn three, I scored on turn 8 and again on my turn 16, picking up some casualty-spps along the way. If a friendly admin should happen to look into Div. H and validate things I'd be much obliged.

Thanks for the game Rotekian.

Validated, Pier.

Zor, your team does have a fair bit of mighty blow claw, blech. I think I might want all the strength I can field against it though, at least make you roll 2 dice againsts.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 18-05-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Div B
    Blackest of Black Blacks 1 - 2 Tzeentchian Spirit

This score feels strangely familiar... Yes, I had a rematch with Helio's punchy elves and it ended 1-2 once again. Overall, I feel robbed: I played well but (this is a familiar refrain), when it came to the crucial dice, the dice didn't go my way. And one of my ghouls got a -mv injury, which makes me seriously consider sacking him, even with his two extra skills. Gah, surely I'm due one of those games where the dice goes my way (right? right?!?).

From the looks of things Div M is all done too.

Right Mr Boots I've added you on steam. AWAITING YOUR CONTACT

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    From the looks of things Div M is all done too.
    I prefer to move all the divisions on at once on deadline day (which you can find on the fixtures and results tab above each week; week 1's deadline is the 25th). If there's a compelling reason to move a division on early (like you're going on holiday or have a lot of work coming up so want to squeeze your game in early) then post in the thread and a friendly admin (or me) will be more than happy to make an exception.

Wheeeen theeee ball's intercep/ted on turn 16 yep/ that's a saurus

And so we lost 2-1 to Boot's lizards

Dangerously agile, those sauri.

Activated Node
    Div A has just finished its first week too, in a flood of warpstone flavoured blood. BLOOD FOR THE oh no wait, that's my other team...

Downer alert: Vexing vision and I were arranging to play our match this week, but my pc's been struck by tragedy. I suspect it's the power supply, but won't know till sometime wednesday onwards probably.
    If it is, which seems likely, it won't be fixed for a few weeks, so probably best to replace me in division K and I can return next season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
    Downer alert: Vexing vision and I were arranging to play our match this week, but my pc's been struck by tragedy. I suspect it's the power supply, but won't know till sometime wednesday onwards probably.
    If it is, which seems likely, it won't be fixed for a few weeks, so probably best to replace me in division K and I can return next season.
    Let's see what the Wednesday results are! I'd much rather play the match.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Wizardry 8; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

Division E
    [Delusibeta] Street Sweeping Scrubs 0 - 2 Doomdark's Revenge [Everblue]

I don't feel like a full on report, but needless to say I was out bashed by a Chaos team (although surprisingly out-injured: I only received one Badly Injured while he received two injuries, Groin Strain and Smashed something, so he's got a pair of niggling injuries to deal with. With this, division E has completed week 1's matches.

Also, special note: I am moving house at the end of this month, and so a) the Scrubs will sit out next season, they've received a Z in the Next Season column on the spreadsheet, is this correct? b) I'd like all of my matches done by a week on Thursday. Should be easy enough, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Cheers for the match Delusibeta. Despite the scoreline it was extremely close and with a couple of plays turning out differently then it could certainly have gone your way. Also Morg is a bastard.

I'll roll on division E to give you a fighting chance of getting your matches it. Feel free to organise your next match now.