Page 123 of 345 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,460 of 6881
    I can play our match as soon as you like Everblue. I'm free most evenings from 8pm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Let's try for Tuesday then - I'll look for you on Steam

Hmmm the dilemma - 50k in the bank ... just lost a disposable linemen and another one out next game - BUT I was saving up for the yhetee ... so what do I do lads?

Blow the money on a lino for depth & fouling? Or keep on saving away regardless of possible future injuries? Might add I'm at a slight TV disadvantage vs humans and quite an epic TV disadvantage for the last game vs Chaos ... I'm personally leaning towards the expendable linemen - but man do I want that yhetee .... grrrr!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cacamas View Post
    Div B
    Blackest of Black Blacks 1 - 2 Tzeentchian Spirit

[...]And one of my ghouls got a -mv injury, which makes me seriously consider sacking him, even with his two extra skills.
    It was a 3 man foul, I got sent off despite a bribe ending my turn prematurely and securing you a touchdown, totally worth it, you also ended the game with 2 bribes, you brought it on yourself by not carrying enough hatred for me.

I suffered a niggle on vanilla catcher and a mng on the now "laziest ever" wrestler (third mng so far), I only got one up on different vanilla catcher which I took dodge on. I carry baggage into my next game with Webcole who earned his +ST on his Blitzer defeating me early in my teams career. I'm back heavily equipped for bash and intend to take his scalp, this was a formative game for me and it taught me how influential AG5 can be on a player over AG4, well now i have my own AG5 guy and I'm quite prepared to make good use of it.

How I just need to decide how much of my 200,000 gold I need to spend deepening my bench.

@mcphatty I find Yhetiis a waste of space until you re facing AV9 or AV10. They need a double to get reliable bash without copious support, they have wild and loner, and you have the ST4 Ulfs to take a little front line duty, personally? Get more linos.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 20-05-2013 at 01:38 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    Do I need to let anyone know about getting validated?

Quote Originally Posted by Jclooth View Post
    Do I need to let anyone know about getting validated?
    Fill in your match result on the sheet, maybe pm an admin if you are particularly eager.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphatty View Post
    Hmmm the dilemma - 50k in the bank ... just lost a disposable linemen and another one out next game - BUT I was saving up for the yhetee ... so what do I do lads?

Blow the money on a lino for depth & fouling? Or keep on saving away regardless of possible future injuries? Might add I'm at a slight TV disadvantage vs humans and quite an epic TV disadvantage for the last game vs Chaos ... I'm personally leaning towards the expendable linemen - but man do I want that yhetee .... grrrr!
    You want to be at a TV disadvantage so that you can get babes as inducements. Loner linemen are fine as norse.

I would save the money until you can straight away go to 12 or 13 players.

Your TV disadvantage against me could be countered at least in part by getting a merc yhetee with mighty blow for 230k - he'll be a murdering bastard and you won't care if he dies!

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Your TV disadvantage against me could be countered at least in part by getting a merc yhetee with mighty blow for 230k - he'll be a murdering bastard and you won't care if he dies!
    That's an excellent suggestion, or alternatively juggernaut and only blitz (remember you can do it from standing still if you press the button on the right) or triple die block with him.

For your consideration:
    2Die block without a BD protection (block, wrestle, blitzing juggernaut) 1/9 failure *
    2Die block with BD protection 1/36 failure
    3Die block without BD protection 1/27 failure
    3Die block with BD protection 1/216(aka triple skulls)

*results in a turnover and your player getting knocked down

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I tried to say something yesterday but I was pretty angry at what might be my first major Cyaniding. Last night my Orcs fought Rumpel's elves. Started off well with a few injuries and a touchdown, but my lack of experience with elves began to tell in the second half. I simply didn't know what to do about the lineup formation, the one where all the elves are squeezed right up against one side of the pitch? So Rumpel scores, and then scores again when I attempted to setup a turnover (Rumpel had already used up all his rerolls like they were on fire). Then the big moment comes. One turn left, my thrower runs up the field, and attempts a long pass over an elf to a goblin who is clear for a last second touchdown. The ball flies and... it's a hail mary pass. Apparently I need to deselect it because I did a hail mary in the first half over HALF AN HOUR AGO.

So yeah, I feel robbed. Not robbed of a draw (I had to do a long throw, get past Rumpel's interception, catch, and top off with a GFI), but robbed of one of those great Blood Bowl moments that we play the game for in the first place. Fuck you, Blood Bowl.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 20-05-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Yeah, I don't even give any of my players hail mary pass because I've got some vague notion that it's broken and you can't not use it.

Obscure Node
    I think you have to go in the settings and set it to ask you whether to use it or not. This works on all skills which the rules allow not to be used. They can even be turned off completely.
    Last edited by TG06; 20-05-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you have a hail mary passer and you want to do any kind of pass you need to double click on the player portrait on the bottom right of the screen immediately before the action. This brings up the skill list and you can check whether it's ticked or not.

From using it, hail mary is bugged. You have to turn it off before you activate the player that has it. So I always make sure I do it at the very start of my first turn. You can turn it on again when you need it just fine... but if you don't turn it off ahead off time it'll get used. [if it helps, if the throw shows 2+ then hail mary is on.]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Just went into the options menu and told it to ask me from now on. Hope it works for multiplayer.

Rumpel told me after the game that I gave one of his elves a -1 agility. That cheered me up a bit.

Activated Node
    All this talk of passing makes me nauseous. Tree-hugging pansies!
    Steam - SandmanXC

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Rumpel told me after the game that I gave one of his elves a -1 agility. That cheered me up a bit.
    Good man! I like the cut of your jib.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Fill in your match result on the sheet, maybe pm an admin if you are particularly eager.
    Thanks, I already filled in the result, I'm in no rush, I just wanted to check in case I had to do something but I'm happy to be patient!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    If you think you've got any skillups or whatever you can post here and ask if an admin wouldn't mind validating the result, otherwise you can just leave it and one of us will get round to it eventually. As long as there's a result in the spreadsheet when we check it, so we can be sure the game hasn't crashed and given a made-up result, that's the important thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I can validate games - by all means add me as a friend on Steam and then if you catch me online I'll normally be happy to validate your match.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    @mcphatty I find Yhetiis a waste of space until you re facing AV9 or AV10. They need a double to get reliable bash without copious support, they have wild and loner, and you have the ST4 Ulfs to take a little front line duty, personally? Get more linos.
    I agree - they are a tremendous waste of space and a liability. Honestly just having him to stand up in front of other big guys to save a couple my regulars is somewhat worth it to my poor fragile AV7- but really I wouldn't be able to afford him until next season and who knows whats gonna happen between now & then - could certainly be a moot point ...

@Everblue - is that sound advice from a good sportsman - or is that you'd rather face a turnover-prone yeti than deal with Morg AGAIN! :) But you are right - that isn't a bad idea at all ... considering I stand at 12 men right now ... 1 MNG ... my TV difference could change a fair bit if my game vs Delusibeta is as violent as the one vs Brain - lots of dudes only a casualty away from lvl 2 after that slugfest ... what was it ... 4 deaths in 4 turns ... bloody regen ... grumble grumble!