Page 124 of 372 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 7425
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I can validate games - by all means add me as a friend on Steam and then if you catch me online I'll normally be happy to validate your match.
    Cool, cheers

Activated Node
    Black Bombers - The Shorts 2-1

At least I scored a 1ttd and managed to injure a couple of cyberpunkdream's Goblins, but seeing my injury bench so filled up... sad, sad sight. And I think the mvp is the dead guy, figures.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthZombie View Post
    Black Bombers - The Shorts 2-1

At least I scored a 1ttd and managed to injure a couple of cyberpunkdream's Goblins, but seeing my injury bench so filled up... sad, sad sight. And I think the mvp is the dead guy, figures.
    It wasn't a one turner - but it did involve TTM, which is always great to see. And here's said injury box (I should point out that many were self-inflicted, but that's normal for stunty):

an injury box full of flings.jpg
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    validated a whole bunch of matches.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Damn, that halfing field hospital is pretty impressive, even by halfling standards.

I know it is fun to TTM but keep it to when it is absolutely necessary. They are frail as it is, so you will most times have a few casualties, but that many?? sure sounds like TTM fails to me :).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    If you can throw a stunty and you don't, you bring shame upon us all.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Well, that was a fun re-introduction to Norse. Up against dog pants' gobbos, he was always going to have a tough time (starting norse vs early gobbos is not the best match for gobbos) but nuffle decided he needed to be truly broken.

I'll just lay out some stats:
    My dudes, 6 injuries, 7 KOs, 4 touchdowns (one by blitz on turn 15.5 after a GFI and flawless catch on a blitz). 2 Level-ups (in my very first game!) out of a total of 29 spps.
    Dog pants, 0 injuries, 3 KOs, 0 touchdowns, MVP went to bombardier who died dodging away so 0spps.

It says the dice were average to dog pants, but overall was terrible for his game once he was losing players, with 12 occurrences of really stupid and all 5 attempts to successfully TTM failing (although he did score a direct hit on one of my players, which is worth something!). He got battered during my slow-ish first half drive and never recovered.

I fully expect 4 of my guys to die in my next game after that, a pretty flawless start. I even rolled a 6 for winnings(!), netting me 70k and my first runner. Wolf picked up block and zerker got mighty blow. I'm all set for my next match-up :-).

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Well, that was a fun re-introduction to Norse. Up against dog pants' gobbos, he was always going to have a tough time (starting norse vs early gobbos is not the best match for gobbos) but nuffle decided he needed to be truly broken.

My dudes, 6 injuries, 7 KOs, 4 touchdowns (one by blitz on turn 15.5 after a GFI and flawless catch on a blitz). 2 Level-ups (in my very first game!) out of a total of 29 spps.
    Dog pants, 0 injuries, 3 KOs, 0 touchdowns, MVP went to bombardier who died dodging away so 0spps.

It says the dice were average to dog pants, but overall was terrible for his game once he was losing players, with 12 occurrences of really stupid and all 5 attempts to successfully TTM failing (although he did score a direct hit on one of my players, which is worth something!). He got battered during my slow-ish first half drive and never recovered.

I fully expect 4 of my guys to die in my next game after that, a pretty flawless start. I even rolled a 6 for winnings(!), netting me 70k and my first runner. Wolf picked up block and zerker got mighty blow. I'm all set for my next match-up :-).
    Bully......

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    [nuffle nuffle nuffle]
    That's a normal goblin game, against non-stunties anyway. Your dice are always horrible and BBM always tells you that they were fair! Bah!
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Div I: Kings of the Northmen (Nor, Groovychainsaw) 4 - 0 Thunderbox Scramblers (Gob, Dog Pants)

The visitors kick off to the middle of the Norse half where a Werewolf nimbly collects. As the Kings of the Northmen use their superior fight to push up their right flank, the Goblin Fanatic staggers across to narrow their gap, makes contact, and is knocked out. As they advance forward the Norse cage is bustled a little by a few blitzes, getting a couple of hits on the ball carrier, but they are barely slowed. Meanwhile the rest of the Kings occupy their time by beating up goblins, and by the time the Werewolf cruises across the touchline there are only four opponents on the pitch.
    The Thunderbox Scramblers fare a little better receiving as the Loony KOs one opponent with his chainsaw and the Bomber gets another. The trolls, however, do nothing for the entire drive and serve only as a barrier to any potential charge by the huddled goblins. They retain the ball for the short time until the end of the half, the Loony getting injured by his own chainsaw in the meantime, and have a small chance to grab a last second touchdown courtesy of a thrown ball carrier. However, true to form, the troll refuses and the whistle blows with both of the creatures still staring vacantly at the clouds.

The second half gets off to a roaring start as the outnumbered goblins go for an audacious (but predictable) starting move. The Scramblers recover the ball and quickly move it to the huddle on the centre line. Finally getting into the game one of the trolls beats some space while the other picks up the ball carrier and, after seriously contemplating eating him, lobs him far down the pitch. And succeeds in hitting the only Norse player in the back half of the Kings' side of the pitch, to vigorous applause from the crowd. Quickly recovering, the flattened Werewolf picks the ball up and is quickly caged, being narrowly missed by a second flying gobbo as he starts to move forward. The cage presses on quickly and with little opposition. Stibum, the Bomber, tries to fall back to cover against the cage, but falls over his own bombs and is killed. For a second time the Norse trot across the line for an unopposed touchdown.
    The goblins receive again and surge forward while the ball carrier trails towards the rear, in an almost elf-like play. A rapid Werewolf blitzes him at the edge of his range, but is strangely pulled up. The crowd suspects goblin cheating, possibly poison, as they chant "CYANIDE! CYANIDE!" Taking full advantage the goblin legs it, only to be tripped up by the Wolf. The Norse can't recover the ball in time to stop the goblin taking it back, but again is tripped as he makes his escape. This time the Kings don't take any chances as a lineman recovers the ball and hands off to his hairy colleague, who trots on to score a hat-trick.
    With only a minute to go the final kick falls wide, and the Kings catch the Scramblers flat footed. Getting under their own kick, a Berzerker catches the ball and tears off. The goblins can only fall over themselves in response, and as the final seconds tick on the Kings of the Norsemen run on for a fourth and final touchdown.

In a show of appreciation which sums up the theme of the game, the commentators were unanimous in their voting of the MVPs. The vital performance of the triple-scoring Werewolf earned him the accolade for his team, while brave Stibum, rescuer of the Coach, was posthumously awarded the Scramblers' merit.
    Last edited by Dog Pants; 21-05-2013 at 05:34 PM.

I probably didn't help myself with a few crazy plays and a blatant disregard for the laws of probability, but a few more successful dodges and lip service to my patient positioning of troll-handlers would have been nice. TTM is, as was mentioned earlier, not a reliable tactic (but it's so much fun!). I don't mind though, I expect to take a beating as a gobbo team. My only regret is losing my Bomber (and the cruel MVP awarded to him).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Very intense match between me and Corkir, with two fairly evenly matched chaos dwarf sides. Corkir got a blitz to start, which was not what I wanted, but I managed to recover enough to end the half scoreless. Second half I was again defending, and with the help of some less than great dice it all came down to a hobgoblin having to pick up, go for it, then make a handoff.

Nuffle smiled upon us, and the final score was 1-0 to me. :-)

Surprisingly bloodless, the only permanent injury was a niggle on one of Corkir's centaurs (rerolled from -AV). I got a level on a dwarf and now have 2 with guard, which is dull but useful.

Thanks to Corkir for the game!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Div G saw a great victory for the Undead independence movement, as they soundly defeated the Necromantic slaves sent to oppose them.

The match, and the dice, didn't go Graever's way at all. The first turn went well enough as his wolf took my Guard/MB Wight off the pitch with a regenned injury. Unfortunately for him the wolf didn't regen its own injury not long after, and things got worse from there. A zombie and a ghoul from his team also went down injured, leaving his line looking increasingly thin as I boxed the ball carrier in on the pitch edge. We were both burning rerolls at first, but Graever used his last on a double skull, then rolled skulls on the next 2 or 3 blocks in increasingly desperate attempts to keep me from the ball. A fireball KOed one of my mummies (who stayed out for the whole game) and a ghoul (who didn't), but between injuries and crowd surfing he simply didn't have enough players left to stop me scoring.

The 2nd half saw me receiving, down a mummy but still with a full complement of players against Graever's eight. I think he'd pretty much given up at this point, and I can't say I blame him. A blitz briefly revived his hopes, with the ball landing on the LOS, but my zombies failed to catch it and it bounced back into his half, giving me a touchback. He managed to tangle my wights up with his golems, but they were on the other side of the pitch to the ball thanks to the touchback, and he had little to stop my remaining mummy and ghoul blitzers pushing through. Further injuries and a death on his team were all regenned, but I don't think that's much consolation for a match that was very one-sided and ended 3-0.

Div L: Marriage Potential [Nor, Shards] 1 - 0 Eddie's Eviscerators [DElf, Ethelred]

A fairly grindy bashy game where the norse managed to get an early numbers advantage and left the Delves with very few options. 0-0 first half, then an 8 turn drive saw the Norse flop over the line. Norse took a -AG to an Ulf, Ethelred had a death on the 2nd turn for his Blodger that the Apo fixed but then saw his Kick lino murdered by the crowd. I think my Zerker might have made level 3 as well, glamorous! Will update the sheet now. Thanks for the game Ethelred!

In a frankly stunning result, I was fortunate enough to spectate Div K's match between BigC's Wood Elves versus JamesCoombs' Dwarves. The result? 5-0....

... to the elves! The Leaflickers even got away with less injuries than their opponents!

Meanwhile (by which I mean yesterday), my own Norse team were solidly defeated 2-1 in Div D by Laneford's monstrous Nurgle boys. The difference in TV was around 700, and quite frankly I was expecting to be annihilated, but the Heroes held fast and scraped their way to turn 16 with only a runner taking a permanent injury (-1AV). The Holmgardians even nearly held it to a 1-1 draw, but ultimately the better side won.

Unfortunately the runner with the skull fracture was the one that scored. Ah well; the life of a Norseman is a short one, and thankfully there's always a cheap replacement or three on the bench waiting for a chance to prove himself.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

It was two of the tree huggers that got a broken necks (-1ag) :'(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpel View Post
    It was two of the tree huggers that got a broken necks (-1ag) :'(
    I'm sure they'll get over it and see life from a different angle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    I'm sure they'll get over it and see life from a different angle.
    Welcome to life on the line of scrimmage.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by frenz0rz View Post
    In a frankly stunning result, I was fortunate enough to spectate Div K's match between BigC's Wood Elves versus JamesCoombs' Dwarves. The result? 5-0....

... to the elves! The Leaflickers even got away with less injuries than their opponents!

Meanwhile (by which I mean yesterday), my own Norse team were solidly defeated 2-1 in Div D by Laneford's monstrous Nurgle boys. The difference in TV was around 700, and quite frankly I was expecting to be annihilated, but the Heroes held fast and scraped their way to turn 16 with only a runner taking a permanent injury (-1AV). The Holmgardians even nearly held it to a 1-1 draw, but ultimately the better side won.

Unfortunately the runner with the skull fracture was the one that scored. Ah well; the life of a Norseman is a short one, and thankfully there's always a cheap replacement or three on the bench waiting for a chance to prove himself.

Awwww yeaa......!!!!! having said that, poor James had a terrible game in terms of dice rolls, simply couldnt break my seemingly inpenatrable av7 most of the game and had some amazingly bad timed double skulls.

also i should have probably put the lottory on last night, my luck was simply staggering. I even made some schoolboy errors and had to GFI more than i should in some circumstances, and thankfully i was punished for nothing.

Only kick in the backside was my single loner getting the MOTM SPP's, but the fact that everyone made it without perma injuries overrides that completely.