Page 125 of 345 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 6889
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Div G saw a great victory for the Undead independence movement, as they soundly defeated the Necromantic slaves sent to oppose them.
    I speced the first few rounds of this and was amazed at the number how many inj in them was it 6 or 7 in first four turns.

Wish I had time to see full game.
    Last edited by Rumpel; 21-05-2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: wrong quote

could an admin-god please validate my match? many thanks :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigc90210 View Post
    could an admin-god please validate my match? many thanks :D
    Yep. Done.

So, two normal skill ups and mng on an Ulf, how on earth do you plan to play Halflings and Goblins?!

Skills are on a Runner and my MB Zerker. Presume Dodge is the only option for the Runner, and would think PO for the Zerker, but I'm tempted by tackle, just to have someone who can catch the stunties!

Then, how to deal with the missing Ulf.. Those treemen are going to mince my LOS.. do I go for extra lino, or take that plunge and get the Yehtee in for a gamble on Claw? Will give more inducements to the Halflings, but the Gobbos are the league TV leaders

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    FRIENDLY REMINDER!

If you want your match validated by an admin, put the score in the sheet under fixtures and results! Likewise, if you want a match resetting, put R-R in the result! That way, when I or another admin see a result in blood bowl and check the sheet, we'll know what to do (I've been burnt too many times validating a game, only to find it was wrong, so now it must be in the sheet to get validated!).

Additionally, it's a lot easier for us to move all the divisions on at the same time, so we tend to wait until the end of the 'week' (the actual dates are at the top of that fixtures sheet). If you need your division moving on early due to scheduling issues (like an upcoming holiday), let us know and we'll no doubt make an exception!

FRIENDLY REMINDER OVER.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shar_ds View Post
    Those treemen are going to mince my LOS
    [Carefully reasoned sentiment]
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    What helio said. How you plan to play halflings and goblins is relax, get a nice cup of tea, but remember not to take big gulps so you don't guffaw it all over the screen when the little bastards die horribly in amusingly varied ways: thrown team mate attempts, failed go for its, failed dodges, and most of all the reliably amusing "we have block and str 3; you have str 2 and stunty. Stitch this!"

Yeah, they've got a couple of trees and you might have to feed a lineman or two to them to keep them away from the action until they root, or they've got a chainsaw and a troll, but seriously now, every one of your mans is to every one of their mans as their tiny number of scary things is to your mans. Look at the pitch - you've got two potentially dangerous matchups in a given turn - tree versus viking, or chainsaw blitz to furry groin-pouch. They've got nine. Nine vikings trying to kill nine poor little stunty bastards who may, if they're very lucky, have dodge and block, but probably just have dodge.

It's not like they get to use a deathroller or even a rat ogre. There's a reason goblins are one of the lowest coefficient teams, and halflings are below even that.

I had to play a Nurgle team full of mighty blow and coached by Jolima, and now I have to play some lizards who have superskinks, and then Zoraster with an underworld team, and you're seriously trying to tell us you're worried about a halfling team?

Bah.

Serious answer though? Try very very hard not to give him enough inducements to get Branchmaim Murderbastard, the tree from hell. If he's not on the pitch you'll be fine.

Activated Node
    I made a terrible mistake... I had the Kroxi and a Skink level up and I accidentally gave the Kroxi +1 MA, thinking it was the other one.... Is there anyway to roll back the changes (without rolling back my last match), admin-wise?

I think otherwise I'll just have to sack the Krox..
    Steam - SandmanXC

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Nooooo, a shadowing +mv krox would be a freaking menace. Just think about it, a mv7 st5 prehensile tail.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by bigc90210 View Post
    Awwww yeaa......!!!!! having said that, poor James had a terrible game in terms of dice rolls, simply couldnt break my seemingly inpenatrable av7 most of the game and had some amazingly bad timed double skulls.

also i should have probably put the lottory on last night, my luck was simply staggering. I even made some schoolboy errors and had to GFI more than i should in some circumstances, and thankfully i was punished for nothing.

Only kick in the backside was my single loner getting the MOTM SPP's, but the fact that everyone made it without perma injuries overrides that completely.
    It was a fairly traumatic match for 'The Might'. Going into it, I'd resolved myself to a loss, as I simply can't stop Elves when they have the ball. My gameplan was to punch things until they stopped scoring, and run a couple in myself, but the wriggly Elves wouldn't stop scoring...

This was my first game against well played Wood Elves, and all I can say is the better coach won. I've got another one next week. My poor Dwarfs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Shar_ds View Post
    So, two normal skill ups and mng on an Ulf, how on earth do you plan to play Halflings and Goblins?!

Skills are on a Runner and my MB Zerker. Presume Dodge is the only option for the Runner, and would think PO for the Zerker, but I'm tempted by tackle, just to have someone who can catch the stunties!
    Yes, dodge for your runner. I would give piling on to your zerker - with block and frenzy he's still very likely to get a knockdown even without tackle and there's a good chance of removing a fling from the pitch every turn.

Just put your worst three linemen on the LOS, and probably you'll lose 1 or 2 of them during the game. They're only linemen though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by SandmanXC View Post
    I made a terrible mistake... I had the Kroxi and a Skink level up and I accidentally gave the Kroxi +1 MA, thinking it was the other one.... Is there anyway to roll back the changes (without rolling back my last match), admin-wise?

I think otherwise I'll just have to sack the Krox..
    If you clicked the "save changes" button then no, there's no way to roll it back. If you closed the team before saving then the changes would have been rolled back.

I would also sack the Krox (sorry Helio).

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    ...Just put your worst three linemen on the LOS, and probably you'll lose 1 or 2 of them during the game. They're only linemen though.
    This. Remember that norse have possibly the best journeymen linos in the game, so missing a couple is not that bad. You can get a loner with block for 'free' if you're short on players for the next game...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    If you clicked the "save changes" button then no, there's no way to roll it back. If you closed the team before saving then the changes would have been rolled back.

I would also sack the Krox (sorry Helio).
    Not any more. The new server architecture saves the changes immediately - there's no way to undo them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    How does multiple block work exactly? Pip the Troll leveled up but all his Str options seem useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Nooooo, a shadowing +mv krox would be a freaking menace. Just think about it, a mv7 st5 prehensile tail.
    That's a great idea, but can he get shadowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    How does multiple block work exactly? Pip the Troll leveled up but all his Str options seem useless.
    Does he already have Guard and Stand Firm?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What skills are good on goblin trolls? I can see stand firm as definitely being a good one, but is guard useful? Do you find yourself blocking with goblins much?

Otherwise break tackle doesn't sound good with loner. Multiple block seems to be turnover material.

Maybe strong arm, to improve TTM attempts? Piling on? Grab to help fouling?

EDIT - Kroxes can only get shadowing on a double, and I'd take block before shadowing on a double.

I'd always consider break tackle on a stunty team. You've only got 2 players who are any good at hurting people (beyond special weapons and fouls) so improving your chances of hitting star players rather than the inevitable chaff is nice. Str5 means only a 1 in 6 chance of failure (+really stupid, of course, and then loner) so I'd take the risk. Crazy plays are sorta what the stunty teams are about, right? If not, then strong arm. Improve your flinging ability!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    But you need to pass really stupid and then the dodge. The chances of doing both of those are 25/36, with no reroll possible. I don't like those odds!

I take your point about crazy plays though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Division CHAMPS

Dread Pool (DElf, me) vs Rok-Ard Nobz (Orc, Grinn)

This felt like a massive game. Right before the match Grinn hired a 4th black orc and levelled up another (getting +ST), bringing his TV very close to mine. I still threw down 200k for inducements though, and we both came away with 2 Babes. I took a second Apoth, Grinn took a Bribe.

I had a slight numbers advantage (13 vs 11) but Grinn had so much Mighty Blow and not one but two Piling On blitzers, I knew I could easily lose that advantage quickly. On the bright side though, he only had two Tacklers on the whole team.

Receiving first, my (generally very safe against slower teams) 2-turn TD tactic right at the start failed on the block roll (I only needed a Push, but rolled BD/AD and rerolled to double skulls) :(

I didn't fail a KO roll for the entire match, and it saved my bacon, after taking 6 KOs in the first drive I was still able to field 11 elves for every drive, and that kept me competitive through the second half. Best Babes ever!

Grinn scored first on Turn 7, having eliminated most of my team, and when the Riot didn't come from the kick I didn't have the time to equalise.

Throughout the match Grinn was really foul-happy, exploiting his Dirty Player Sneaky Git lineman to great effect. In the second half I had a chance to respond with a foul upon Piling On Orc #1, causing a delicious -ST injury... but only for a fleeting moment as Grinn's apothecary did good work.

For my crimes, my player was sent off - but on the very next turn Grinn's Dirty Player got caught out for the second time and without another Bribe he was finally ejected too.

Grinn took the score to 2-0 in Turn 12 - shoving away the elves that were poking around in his cage (including an almost-surgical shove to remove my Side Step Shadowing witch elf) and the Shadowing blitzer that was marking his receiver to run it in. That blitzer's so going to get Side Step next!

Four turns to claw the game back? I scored after two - the 2-turn TD worked a charm this time!

However, setting up on defence made getting the final goal a lot trickier. I managed to break a corner of Grinn's cage deep inside his own half, but his ball carrier broke free and retreated up to his goal line.

I realised in order to reach the end zone I'd have to use my blitz to chain push an elf 1 square closer, which meant I couldn't also blitz the distant thrower. :( Grinn mentioned this too, but (in my defence) in Turn 15 I'd both temporarily forgotten the turn # and didn't fancy another GFI to inch closer. I felt the plan to stick on the carrier would be enough. It usually is.

A little more shoving and that was that.

Dread Pool 1 - 2 Rok-Ard Nobz

At the end of the day I was probably extremely lucky, injury-wise. My Apoth turned a Dead Blodge Guard lineman into a BH (he got surfed on Grinn's Turn 1 after my drive failed) and my Apoth's new pal didn't have anything to do. I only took another BH, plus a MNG for one of my blitzers. Not bad at all. Grinn avoided that career-ending foul and took no other injuries on his side, but I very rarely managed to knock him down so that's not surprising.

So what did I learn? Babes are awesome. That is all.