Page 129 of 372 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 7440
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Thanks to Drake for an entertaining match. I still think he was mad not to start with all the blitzers though. ;-)
    On reflection, my lack of blitzers coupled with all those two dice block players who don't have the Block skill is like wielding a sword without a hilt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    aka "The Manly Way"(tm)?
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

So, subsequent to my last match with Sinister Agent, it's decision time again: one of my Pestigors suffered a lasting injury and is now a dead 'gor walking (even more so than usual). He has Block, MB, and Tackle, and is suffering from both a niggling injury and a -AV. It's only a matter of time until he takes an even more crippling injury and absolutely has to be sacked. So I ask you, assembled coaches of the DoD, what would you do: sack him now and start training up a replacement, or try to squeeze what use you can out of him until nature takes its course?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Niggle or AV, sure. Both together, sack him.

No wait, Amazons. Keep the tackle MB guy and hope he kills an amazon before his inevitable injury.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 27-05-2013 at 03:53 PM.

He just played the Zons next for him is Gorms Skaven so I would keep him for that as tackle is handy against the Ratty buggers then after that is my CDorfs so I won't comment on that as I'm biased.

Don't ask me how but I beat Joose's murdering dwarfs 3-2 in an end to end thriller. Well the second half was. The first half was mostly playing dead after receiving a bit of a roughing up hairy midget style.

Have validated any completed games.

Activated Node
    The first half violence blunted your hitting ability, but nothing seems capable of stopping those damn gutter runners. I'm also fairly sure you were fielding thirty of them, they seemed to be *everywhere*. Well played sir.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    I would put the pestigor on the line. Frees up another chaos warrior for the wing, to spread the strength and disturbing presence around a bit. He has too many problematic skills to throw him away.

But then, I tend not to drop players if I can feed them to a linemonster instead.

Oh, by the way, my next game is with Axler, but I don't know if we've been rolled on yet. I will be out of town from Wednesday possibly up to the 4th, so if possible I'd like to get that game in tomorrow.

Division C

Ministry of Silly Hats (Chaos Dwarf, Axler) vs Your Mother's Nightmares (Amazon, sinister agent)

The Nightmares start minus three positionals and a liner short, thanks to last week's attack of the Nurgles. Filling in is a mercenary blitzer with guard, and regular liner. The Ministry, for their part, are down a centaur.

The Ministry choose to kick, and the girls retrieve and handoff for a run up the right hand side complete with a pass despite the blinding sun (goddamn it), but are stalled and pushed back despite knocking over most of the LOS. A good scrum by the dwarves knocks most of the Amazons over, with the remainder failing miserably at every gfi and dodge they attempt. The chaos dwarves spend the rest of the first half caging down the pitch, while the Amazons fail to do much about it.

1 - 0 to the Ministry of Silly Hats!

Half time, and the ball is kicked fairly deep. The dwarves pick up easily and form a strong cage in the centre, and while the Nightmares make a couple of dents in the cage, it doesn't last and they don't have the numbers or strength to capitalise. Amazons go down or out frequently, and the Ministry uses its strength to split them down the middle, shielding a handful of players from the ball carrier. By the time the girls start rolling good punches, the ball is impossible to reach and will be run in for a second whatever they do, so instead they settle in for the traditional dwarven punching match.

By the time the hobgoblin runs it in, they've regained some of their dignity by injuring a couple of dwarves (although sod's law: it was my slow thrower who maimed two players, rather than any of my goddamn dead weight blitzers, all of whom have yet to level) and hobbos, and pass up a four-way foul on the downed minotaur solely because it was turn 15 and it would have just been spiteful of me.

2 - 0 to the Ministry of Silly Hats

The MVP, of course, went to the mercenary linewoman. And I got 10k for my winnings, bringing my gross gains for this season up to 11 SPP and a whopping 30k. They'd have been better off staying at home!

Division E
    [Delusibeta] Street Sweeping Scrubs 0 - 3 Full Moon Foulers [TheBrain]

Well, the first half was decent at least, managing to hold off the first concession to turn 8 of the first half. Second half was dreadful in comparison.

Yeah, I'm going to retire this team and reboot when I return, this team is rubbish.

Roll of [Dis]Honour
    Street Sweeping Scrubs
    Wins: 1
    Draws: 0
    Losses: 13
    Touchdowns Scored: 4
    Touchdowns Conceded: 34
    Fatalities: 4
    Deaths: 3

They won't be missed.

That's what you get when you gather the Empire's most disgruntled public servants in a team!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Oh, by the way, my next game is with Axler, but I don't know if we've been rolled on yet. I will be out of town from Wednesday possibly up to the 4th, so if possible I'd like to get that game in tomorrow.
    IF YOU WANT AN ADMIN TO DO SOMETHING TO YOUR DIVISION, POST WHAT DIVISION IT IS.

This message brought to you by the committee to make President Weasel not be the only one who posts in red.

I approve of this

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    IF YOU WANT AN ADMIN TO DO SOMETHING TO YOUR DIVISION, POST WHAT DIVISION IT IS.

This message brought to you by the committee to make President Weasel not be the only one who posts in red.
    I fully endorse this message.
    Also, Groovy started it - I was more of a bold and underlined, and occasionally big type, type.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I thought the red text pushed it from mildly aggressive to comically over the top, but seeing chainsawhands do it, it just seems plain angry :-). But then, he should be angry - YOU SHOULD BE POSTING YOUR DIVISION IF YOU WANT HOT ADMIN ACTION. Ahhh, that's better.
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 28-05-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I wasn't angry; just disappointed...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I meant angry only in a sort of comical, steam coming out of the ears way. I don't expect you to be actually angry about such an infraction. :-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Div G - Splinters Rejects continue their good form with a 3-1 win over graevers necros (7 TDs in 2 games baby, underworld underworld!), although it should be noted that the poor blighters were sans werewolfs and ghouls, although my star MB/JU/PO blitzer suffered a career ending -str from a foul on turn 16 - for shaaaaame.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    although my star MB/JU/PO blitzer suffered a career ending -str from a foul on turn 16 - for shaaaaame.
    I would like to applaud this act of mercy