Page 133 of 366 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,660 of 7317
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Is that how the guy on that youtube tournament had prettier sauruses?
    Do the people you play against see the new textures or do they also need to install the pack?
    Nope, it's purely client side. As would be any custom logos you add to the game.

I use some custom witch elf textures I made a while back, with more interesting skin tones and less weird bruises. (Unfortunately their hair is still the same colour, as that's not so easy to recolour.)

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Nope, it's purely client side. As would be any custom logos you add to the game.

I use some custom witch elf textures I made a while back, with more interesting skin tones and less weird bruises. (Unfortunately their hair is still the same colour, as that's not so easy to recolour.)
    Actually i think the player textures have some sort of protocol in place so if you also have the texture it displays, as everyone goes through the same process in order to install them so the game finds them in the same place every time, but i could be wrong. All i know is everyone on the TGS BB league uses the pack and they all had proper colours for Wowcrendors lizards, so bar post-production video voodoo that seems like a reasonable answer.

EDIT: On that topic, could you or someone else equally qualifed accept my handsome devil lizards into the challenge league?
    Last edited by SillyWhiteGuy; 31-05-2013 at 12:19 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I enjoyed the transformation of my pro elves from intense to smug.

I actually feel like they had found the smugness slider and bumped it right up.

A query: The team shirt colours are different how will I look to an opponent without the mod?

On fouling: I know I'm viewed as an extremist but it's honestly my opinion that if a player is precious enough to upset when they get stamped on and maimed on turn 16 maybe you should take steps to protect it.
    You're entitled to your opinion. My own opinion is that it's a dick move.
    There are some justifications for it - like weakening a team you're likely to meet again soon or to try to influence results in upcoming games - but none of those applied in this case. You don't get SPPS for it, so it's just an act of petty spite. Nobody's saying you can't be spiteful, but nobody's saying I have to like you for it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Actually i think the player textures have some sort of protocol in place so if you also have the texture it displays, as everyone goes through the same process in order to install them so the game finds them in the same place every time, but i could be wrong. All i know is everyone on the TGS BB league uses the pack and they all had proper colours for Wowcrendors lizards, so bar post-production video voodoo that seems like a reasonable answer.
    There is nothing so technical from Cyanide, actually.

The player options are effectively just denoted by their skin and shape number. All the TGS guys who were playing with the Community Content Pack will have had the same textures linked to the same numbers, so they showed up the same. :)

Certain popular stadium mods will happily show entirely different things to each player.

(Also Cyanide have thankfully saw fit to put in a default option too, if a number couldn't be found. This is why the CC Pack is able to extend the list of skins available, not just replace them.)

I'll check the Challenge League when I get home tonight, if it's not been done by then.

You're entitled to your opinion. My own opinion is that it's a dick move.
    There are some justifications for it - like weakening a team you're likely to meet again soon or to try to influence results in upcoming games - but none of those applied in this case. You don't get SPPS for it, so it's just an act of petty spite. Nobody's saying you can't be spiteful, but nobody's saying I have to like you for it.
    I agree, the Turn 16 Foul offering no right of reply has always seemed petty and vindictive to me... And i'd hazard a guess that that is the motive behind it. It is to my mind, poor sportsmanship and asshattery of the highest order.
    Whether that has a place in Blood Bowl is a different discussion I guess. It's not really the same thing as someone who makes clear their foul based intentions early in the game and thus allows you to retaliate in kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I'll check the Challenge League when I get home tonight, if it's not been done by then.
    Thank you kindly, good sir.

I had a feeling it would be something of that nature. Still, I would heartily recommend that pack, as it really adds a whole lot to the game and even if your skins are not being transmitted to the opposing team the person that's going to spend the most time looking at them is you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Oh sweet Nuffle not this again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    It's not my fault! I just reported what happened in the match!

Activated Node
    You don't get SPPS for it...
    Wait, what? is this true? do you not get the SPPs you would normally get for injuring a player if its the last turn? or am I getting confused?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You don't get SPPs on a foul, whenever it happens in the game. You used to, but they changed it years ago.

Activated Node
    Sorry I'm an idiot, I thought y'all were talking about blocking not fouling!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Sorry sir, I will not discuss part of bloodbowl on this bloodbowl discussion board.

I feel like allowing something you disagree with, (like say, someone calling people a dick because of how they play) going unanswered allows it to seem like you agree.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    Yay, Turn 16 Fouls. Haven't seen this movie in a while.

*grabs popcorn*

Stay tuned for our follow up feature, "Chaos Minotaurs: good or not?"

Stay tuned for our follow up feature, "Chaos Minotaurs: good or not?"
    I have a piece on Black Orcs being overrated and another on Hail Mary Pass being undervalued.

See those I'd actually be interested in hearing, because I've not heard them ALL THE TIMES already.

(For the record I actually agree with you on fouling being fine (even if we differ on it being useful), and on calling Pweasel over being wrong to criticise Zor over it, it's just that when the whole discussion started up after that I started having vision problems because of how hard my eyes were rolling. ;-))

I started having vision problems because of how hard my eyes were rolling. ;-))
    I see you rolling, they hating, they tryin' to stop me fouling dirty.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Do you have black orcs in your Open team, Helio?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I see you rolling, they hating, they tryin' to stop me fouling dirty.
    Fouling dirty? I thought you didn't like Dirty Player? ;-)

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    It's the same on every forum. I'm on an ambient mailing list and mentioning either new age (barf) or Brian Eno is guaranteed to start a flame war. Seriously, someone even made a joke about how mentioning Brian Eno starts flame wars and it started a flame war.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.