Page 141 of 358 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 7142
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You say mummies and TG are not big guys because ALL BIG GUYS have a negatrait.

I love selfdeterministic logic. So trolls and ogres are not big guys because you can have 2 and 6 on goblin and Ogre teams respectively.
    You're a tad combative today. So are Flesh Golems big guys? They take the place of the "big guys" on the undead team. If so, Chaos Warriors are obviously the best big guy. No negatraits, full access to general skills and mutations, really cheap for the stats, no loner. They're amazing.

My point is that mummies and tomb guardians do not feel like big guys in the way that the other, definitely-a-big-guy, examples do. In the venn diagram of what is and isn't a big guy I'd say the edge of the circle is pretty vague and nebulous, which probably makes it not even a venn diagram, but that the trees are just inside and the no-negatraits guys are just "Players".
    Last edited by President Weasel; 07-06-2013 at 07:36 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Sorry, I'm desperate to play my next stunty match and I am haunted by memories of playing my undead team and the mummies hogging mvp and barely leaving the LoS. Their negatrait is MV3 AG1, and like all other ST5 or 6 (hey there treemen) players ST access only. Mummies are especially victim of useless skill ups unless they roll double (guard, grab and stand firm being the only skills of any use IMHO).

Yeah, Bloodbowl rage, sorry :)
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    Also: Underworld Trolls, all three Chaos Pact big guys (not that they're in the game). And the Bloodthirster I suppose.
    Fact checking...

Big guys with MB that get Mutation access on normal (and thus best Claw/MB buddies): Chaos Minotaur, Underworld Troll.

Big guys without MB or Mutation access but start with Claw (so also good Claw/MB buddies): Yhetee, Bloodthirster.

Big guys with MB that get Mutation access, but only on a double: Rat-Ogre, Beast of Nurgle, all other Minotaurs, Chaos Pact Ogre and Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Sorry, I'm desperate to play my next stunty match and I am haunted by memories of playing my undead team and the mummies hogging mvp and barely leaving the LoS. Their negatrait is MV3 AG1, and like all other ST5 or 6 (hey there treemen) players ST access only. Mummies are especially victim of useless skill ups unless they roll double (guard, grab and stand firm being the only skills of any use IMHO).

Yeah, Bloodbowl rage, sorry :)
    Fair enough. Tomb Guardians are all kinds of murderous-wall-of-strength-5 bullshit, I think we can all agree on that at least.

I am sad because Wallender Kessel is dead

Also blah blah Division 1 match happened and I scraped a draw against Wink's uberlizards so I get promoted to the Champeenship yada yada. But Wallender Kessel is dead.

116SPPs, 53 matches played, best player on the team, and he takes a single dice hit by a no-skills skink, I've got blodge so he needs pow or I'm fine, and it comes up pow and Wallender Kessel is dead. And of course the apoc I was saving for just such a situation is absolutely fucking useless and why do I even spend the 50TV on them, and Wallender Kessel is dead and that makes me sad.

Goodbye Wallender Kessel you beautiful bastard, I will miss you.

George R. R. Martin you son of a bitch why did i let you write the script for this game?

Also, Jim Rossignol you crazy diamond why did you set the forum up so all caps sentences get small-case-i-fied? I didn't even know you could do that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    George R. R. Martin you son of a bitch why did i let you write the script for this game?

Also, Jim Rossignol you crazy diamond why did you set the forum up so all caps sentences get small-case-i-fied? I didn't even know you could do that.
    Ouch. Beastmen never stay live. Especially the ones you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm View Post
    I got a double on a skaven thrower and went with extra arm. Anyone think thats a mistake?
    This is right in so many ways.....

Changed my team on the sheet to Chaos, if a slot isn't free by the time the draw is due I'll carry on with my Elves.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Wait, what? I thought you were going nurgle?

I don't care, damn your eyes! Don't you see? Nothing matters any more! Wallender Kessel's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Wait, what? I thought you were going nurgle?
    Really, what was wanted was mutation access, *but* I like how Chaos warriors look in pink.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'm away for about 10 days on Monday so i might be a little late applying for my new division, and i doubt i can get my game in. I posted in the group (C) but havent got a reply yet.

Network Hub
    If mummies/TGs count then sure, but treemen are awful.

Right, looks like Chaos and Nurgle will stay full so I'm thinking Ogre or Vampire. Both have up to 6 great players and a host of disposable mooks. Both have a "shield" that guards their stars (regeneration and st5) and which suffer from negatraits. Just a word on bloodlust, players that fail it and don't feed, do they comeback the next drive no matter what?

Bloodlust guys do come back next drive, yes. Failing Bloodlust also lets you change your chosen action, thankfully.

Also if mutations are your plan, why not Underworld? Or are they full too?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    They do, yes. Well, unless they fail a scorching heat roll or something, but that's the same as anyone.

Edit:

Failing Bloodlust also lets you change your chosen action, thankfully.
    Cyaniiiiiide!

Although I guess it doesn't matter so much seeing as you don't have to declare pass/handoff actions like you're supposed to.
    Last edited by Janek; 08-06-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    They do, yes. Well, unless they fail a scorching heat roll or something, but that's the same as anyone.

Edit:

Cyaniiiiiide!

Although I guess it doesn't matter so much seeing as you don't have to declare pass/handoff actions like you're supposed to.
    Vampires are buggy as hell though - be prepared to lose the ability to pass/handoff when you lust and dont bank on skills which should be deactivated by hypno actually being deactivated.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Also if mutations are your plan, why not Underworld? Or are they full too?
    Don't have chaos edition.
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Vampires are buggy as hell though - be prepared to lose the ability to pass/handoff when you lust and dont bank on skills which should be deactivated by hypno actually being deactivated.
    That's terrible, looks like Ogres then.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Erm, I've played Vamps a lot in SP and never run across these issues.

EDIT: Sorry not to sound snippy. I'll attempt to clarify - the issues with BL and HG are fringe cases that may crop up. The skills that are known to still work erroneously while under HG are Dump Off and Shadowing, both uncommon skills.

I've really not experienced BL stopping me from passing the ball, though.

The team is still 99% playable (and I've run into more bugs playing Goblins than Vamps).
    Last edited by Screwie; 08-06-2013 at 01:37 PM.