Page 142 of 349 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 6974
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Erm, I've played Vamps a lot in SP and never run across these issues.

EDIT: Sorry not to sound snippy. I'll attempt to clarify - the issues with BL and HG are fringe cases that may crop up. The skills that are known to still work erroneously while under HG are Dump Off and Shadowing, both uncommon skills.

I've really not experienced BL stopping me from passing the ball, though.

The team is still 99% playable.
    I've played vamps extensively recently (MM teams in challenge league, FOL, Auld, Nagg as well as my OCC team) These issues are fairly common though in some cases avoidable. One skill you did not list which hypno doesn't cancel is tackle. Now this skill is common and can influence a game. There are other known bugs with vampires as well.

Network Hub
    I think movement is the real killer for ogres. Even Khemri have a couple of MA6 players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    I've played vamps extensively recently (MM teams in challenge league, FOL, Auld, Nagg as well as my OCC team) These issues are fairly common though in some cases avoidable. One skill you did not list which hypno doesn't cancel is tackle. Now this skill is common and can influence a game.
    Hmm interesting. That was not an intentional omission on my part, I've not heard of that bug before. While the skill may be common since the HG wipes out the TZ of the victim the circumstances where it will still apply while under HG are rarer.

I imagine you'll need an additional TZ in order to prompt the dodge roll, right? I'll have to test that out.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    There are other known bugs with vampires as well.
    Another bug (although it's more an issue with lack of transparency) that really does affect Vampire play a lot, is running out of time while in the middle of a move - if that Vamp failed Bloodlust they'll get sent off because you didn't actively declare the end of your action and bite a guy, even if you were next to a thrall when the timer expired.

All you can be do is be aware and be careful.

Different people have different tolerances for this kind of thing, but I still find the bribe bugs with Goblin teams much more commonly annoying (and that doesn't put me off playing them).

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post

Different people have different tolerances for this kind of thing, but I still find the bribe bugs with Goblin teams much more commonly annoying (and that doesn't put me off playing them).
    Agree with the sentiment here. Despite the issues with the team it hasn't stopped me throwing therm into the cauldron of the OCC as they are a very versatile team and great fun to play. I would advise anyone taking vampires into a league setting to research the bugs though as they can be avoided for the most part.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I don't care, damn your eyes! Don't you see? Nothing matters any more! Wallender Kessel's dead.
    *Hugs you* ...

*flees*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    But seriously folks, overdone sorrow for comic effect aside, things have got a bit attritional lately for my team. I have 3 Originals left, at 54 or 53 games, one honorary Original at 46 games (and with the most remaining SPPs on the team: 99 to Wallenders 117), one with a respectable 38 games, and then a bunch of replacements and mooks: 21 games played, 7, 7, 6, 2, 1 and 0. I used to have a stat freak carnival with 2 ag4 beasts and 2 str 5 warriors, and now 2 of those are forcibly retired.
    I'm heading into the champs next season, and 6 of the 12 guys on my roster have no skills whatsoever. This is a problem.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 08-06-2013 at 07:09 PM.

More meat to the Grinn(der)!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I'm heading into the champs next season, and 6 of the 13 guys on my roster have no skills whatsoever. This is a problem.
    Enjoy the inducements.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

So, it turns out my internet should be re-established by the 18th. Would it be sufficiently soon enough after this season to jump in with a rebooted team?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Enjoy the inducements.
    Inducements are generally underwhelming compared to, oh, having a full team with block.

Inducements are generally underwhelming compared to, oh, having a full team with block.
    If you like block so much reroll as Norse.

If you like block so much reroll as Norse.
    Go for a team with real longevity, eh? That's a really tempting idea*

*that is the exact opposite of a tempting idea

Go for a team with real longevity, eh? That's a really tempting idea*

*that is the exact opposite of a tempting idea
    Longevity is when your star player isn't dead right?

Longevity is when your star player isn't dead right?
    My star players made 52 and 54 games. That's a pretty decent run.

Activated Node
    Hey there I was intrested in getting to know if this league is accepting new players and where abouts to go with the details and so on as I have followed the thread a while and found that it looked fun and would like to learn a bit more about joining and hopefully playing with you all soon.

My bb acc is Hellsraiser also if you need to check anything about my stats etc.

My star players made 52 and 54 games. That's a pretty decent run.
    I am teasing, it is indeed a long career. God, that's what 18 seasons, insane.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellsraiser View Post
    Hey there I was intrested in getting to know if this league is accepting new players and where abouts to go with the details and so on as I have followed the thread a while and found that it looked fun and would like to learn a bit more about joining and hopefully playing with you all soon.

My bb acc is Hellsraiser also if you need to check anything about my stats etc.
    Hi there. We're entering the last week of the season, so a new one should start soonish.

This link here should get you started: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Q0VreXc#gid=40

Please make sure not to overwrite any existing teams though. ;)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Activated Node
    So far seems not i have created a new team and so on and entered the name so its good to go hopefully all is done correctly

So far seems not i have created a new team and so on and entered the name so its good to go hopefully all is done correctly
    I look forward to inducting you into the ways of the DoD, aka pounding your team's collective face quite a few times and then once more for good measure.

Seriously though, welcome aboard.

Everything seems to be fine. Now keep a close eye on the forums for the start of season procedures, such as checking which division you are assigned to and when you have to apply to it.