Page 148 of 366 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 7313
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    The deadline for this season is 15th June - that's this Saturday.

I note that none of the week 3 matches in Divisions B, C, and J have yet been played, and there are a couple of other matches outstanding too. Get them played, you dobbers.
    Me and Smaug are aiming for Saturday evening UK time for our match. Things have been a little difficult due to the time difference and my RL issues.

It seems that due to some irl stuff [this is why I should do these things early] i'm unlikely to be able to get my last div J game in against Darkmalice. Am prepared to take an admin loss so he doesn't suffer.

Ach, I was looking forward to stomping some elves too.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Planetside 2 (TR): IronShroud
    Life is Fedual server: Life is Pain [Dedicated]

CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL!

The Rok Ard Nobz played their final game of the champs today against Drawlieman's adorable cherubs. Unforunately star-player Ingvi Gobsteel, the only orc on the team who can count realized that the Nobz would win regardless of the game's result and did the dumb dumb thing of telling da boyz. With Rok Ard blood still bubbling in the retired Goff Rokkers veins they ordered a buffet of happies: squig powder lines, morky shrooms and bags of elfweed. The result: the Nobz utterly fudged the first half, ignoring Kowc's Planz, setting up for defence when they were meant to be attacking - mistaking the dwarves for she-goblins and sauntering past them instead of dodging away (causing trails of tacklezone dodges that they almost managed!) and rushing to crowd the death roller after Big Mawf, the stabby lino convinced them it was a piniada full of elf-fondant.

Slaxx, thinking himself Mork's cousing Cork, happily walked up the left flank with the ball, completely unprotected and got bashed out of the pitch by a frothing cherub. A few others followed after getting the horn for a busty orc beauty in the near left stands.

At some point the ankle nibblers grabbed the ball and walked it to the endzone.

Kowc found the stash of happyiness and ordered his gob-gimps to load it into his wartrak. Dismayed the Nobz had to actually play Blood Bowl the second half. They bashed the cherubs into the blistering ground and shrugging off a vague attempt at the renewal of the attack after a fireball added warmth to the scorching pitch and casually handing the ball to Ingvi who scored in the last turn to the roar of the crowd.

ROK ARD NOBZ WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE FOR THE FIFTH TIME!!!

ROK 'ARD
    ROK 'ARD
    ROK 'ARD
    NOBBBBBZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

PS Nobz just discovered variable sized fonts.

Congratulations again Grinn. Now somebody get up there and beat the snot out of them!

Despite losing all three games in my division this season, one of my mummies (the only one to SPP up) managed to secure block. So feeling pretty good about myself despite my dreadful results.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I can't remember the scoreline as we played it a week ago but me and Corkir played day 3 and got a draw(2-2 I think) , i'll check the actual score line when we get home.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Also, Gratz Screwie for securing the place in the Champs! Hope you enjoy your first match next season (It is not Grinn this time, just some murder Chaos team followed by Grinn in round 2!!)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Oh, am I playing Screwie first then?

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Oh, am I playing Screwie first then?
    That sounds like a watcher..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Sounds like funtimes.

Activated Node
    I'm afraid mrchinchin25 hasn't accepted my Steam invitation, nor has he answered in the Discussion Group, that's why our div is behind.
    Steam - SandmanXC

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanXC View Post
    I'm afraid mrchinchin25 hasn't accepted my Steam invitation, nor has he answered in the Discussion Group, that's why our div is behind.
    Yeah, looks like you should get an admin win for that. Still a couple of hours for you to arrange your match though...

Suffered a thorough drubbing at the hands of Axler. 2-0 to his chaos dwarfs and their special friend Morg. While Morg didn't dish out much damage himself, he did do an admirable job of tying up most of my stronger players as I futilely tried to claw him off the pitch, leaving Axler's centaurs free to rampage amongst the 'gors and rotters. My team was completely incapable of putting together anything remotely resembling a defense or an offense all match.

To make matters worse, at the start of the second half, partly on a lark, I decided to risk a 1D blitz on a centaur with my remaining Block-MB-Tackle pestigor (recall that I just fired the other one two matches back after he accumulated a niggle and a -AV). Skull, rerolled to skull, results in the 'gor going down dead, and failing the regen roll. And to add insult to injury, he was 1 SPP from hitting lvl 5 and got MVP for the match. So he's a lvl 5 dead Pestigor! Brilliant!

I realize these things simply happen (and I can hardly complain too loudly, since I've caused such things to happen to other people's players often enough). I do wish that the stab in the gut could come with a bit less twisting of the blade, though. It smarts, ever so slightly. :P

So... is the season over now? When are we getting the awesome steam event? I want to see if I managed to stay in the tier since i have a 3 way tie for 2nd and also who will punish me next month!

I've just realised, since my last game was defaulted I didn't write about the ongoing saga of Coach Dog Pants. So in case anyone is actually reading them:

Coach Dog Pants and the Thunderbox Scramblers wearily approach the goblin village, the cart they travel in bouncing over the rough track. The settlement is in darkness and no welcome is expected after yet another defeat. Yet much to their surprise, as they get close, the sky is lit by explosions (as are a couple of huts) and the team see the entire village waiting, illuminated in stark relief by the fireworks and accidental conflagrations. Their weariness is dispelled by the huge cheer the crowd let out, and above them a banner bearing the word VIKTERY explains the reception, if not the reason for it. As the cart enters the village it dawns on Coach Dog Pants why they are celebrating, their chants betraying the league mechanism which has saved them from relegation: DE-FAULT! DE-FAULT! DE-FAULT! DE-FAULT!

The season's over so I'll get the last results validated or admined. Then it's over to Groovy for the draw.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    the ongoing saga of Coach Dog Pants...!
    They are excellent match reports. Keep them coming coach.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yup, LIVE DRAW for the next season will be tonight, 7pm, in the RPS Bloodbowl steam group chat thingy. Be there or miss out on....amusing hats? (Everyone still likes hats, right?).

I'm defaulting/promoting/demoting people right now, so it should all be ready by 7pm :-).