Page 15 of 357 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I love it when folks screw up their grammar while making 'smarter than you' jokes :)

Anyway, I think Underworld (or Orcs, or Vampires, I have quite a queue) are my next choice after my dark elves eventually go the way of all elves. But I will get a Human team into the Challenge League for some fun in the meantime.
    You spotted my deliberate mistake, you're smart enough but are you sexy enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I love it when folks screw up their grammar while making 'smarter than you' jokes :)

Anyway, I think Underworld (or Orcs, or Vampires, I have quite a queue) are my next choice after my dark elves eventually go the way of all elves. But I will get a Human team into the Challenge League for some fun in the meantime.
    I cannot recommend Vampires or Underworld enough - both teams so fun to play. Vampires with their gaze make defensive drives a joy to play and Underworlds potential player combos make for great fun building and rebuilding. Not too shabby on the field either...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    Div A will have to be defaulted I'm afraid. Jarvis asked to pass before New Year due to illness, but I've hung on mentioning it here to give him maximum opportunity to change his mind if he started feeling better. Unfortunately he hasn't so please roll us on to day three, and get well soon Jarvis.
    I've delayed doing this because I am not sure if it's a win to Dog Pants (Jarvis didn't turn up) or a draw (they both tried to play but were defeated by illness) - it's a "no-fault no-show" from Jarvis.
    A win for Dog Pants puts him level at the top of the Division with NieA7 going into their deciding final match, so the score for the defaulted one matters. Groovy, shall I give mr Pants there the win?

(and since I don't think I've said it, I hope you get well soon Jarvis, my Swedish friend)

If it helps, I wasn't sure where it stood either. However I wouldn't have been able to play the match between the 27th and 3rd regardless, so I've no objection to a draw (plus I'm scared of the potential promotion).

Having checked at what divs A and B will probably look like next season I am quite happy for DogPants to get a rare uber-win, worth at least 7 points.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    An uber win hasnt been awarded since the great skink strike of 1774.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'll be rerolling to Pro Elf next season. How bad can it be? I've marked up the spreadsheet with my team, called The New Wave.

I've gone for the "no catchers and four rerolls" build.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    It can be pretty bad, and you know it.

When you don't get half your team killed in the first few turns it can be a lot of fun playing pro elves. Of course you seem to get your team killed more often than not. Bloody wussy elves!

Hey all,

The time has come for me to retire from the league. Thanks all for the matches, and thanks as well for the awesome work from the admins.

A severe combination of hardcore Nuffling heavily coated with Cyanidal nonsense has worn my patience. This last 4-1 match against Cacamas (well played though, his play was flawless) was a topical send-off for the Fruitcakes.

I'd say, I'll probably need a couple of seasons to gather my strength to face again the lunatic UI and the odd RNG.

In the meantime, can anyone please remind me how to put a team to rest in the spreadsheet?

Div E
    Blackest of Black Blacks 4 - 1 Tuftybushe Fruitcakes

As Kapouille said above, he got horribly nuffled in this game (just like the last time I played him, strangely). 6 casualties for the 'flings while not even suffering a KO on my team. 10 of 12 1D6 succeeded for me, including a catch by a skeleton. 39% success on block dice with 19% turnovers while I had 57% success and 2% turnovers. Basically, I didn't fail a single important dice roll.

All of which means I got promotion. Yay!

I fear you suffer the fate of every Halfling coach out there, Kapouille. Sorry to read about your experiences, BB can ruin whole evenings when these things happen, at least for me.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    BB can ruin whole evenings when these things happen, at least for me.
    Same here... almost every match!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Same here... almost every match!
    But you are a Diva!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    In the meantime, can anyone please remind me how to put a team to rest in the spreadsheet?
    With 'flings you need to salt the earth and burn the crops, only thing that stops them breeding.
    Come back soon man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cacamas View Post
    All of which means I got promotion. Yay!
    Grats, I had hoped to get into more of a dominant play style this season but having 2 teams in my division retire wasn't the method I had in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I've gone for the "no catchers and four rerolls" build.
    My first dodge with my Pro Elves was a 2+ with a rerroll on a catcher and he died.

Yep...

No catchers at all? really? You have seen their stats right?
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 09-01-2013 at 01:46 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yeah but they'll skill up quickly enough. I want dodge on a few linemen before I start giving all the SPPs to the grey haired buggers. Early SPPs to the linos gives you some chance at guard too.

I started my OCC high elves and UKBBL dark elves with lineman-heavy rosters and it's worked out really well. I didn't get many doubles on the high elves, but three early dodge linemen have just been so resilient. My dark elves got a guard lineman in the second match and a ST4 lineman in the third.

Four rerolls is pretty nice too.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapouille View Post
    Hey all,

The time has come for me to retire from the league. Thanks all for the matches, and thanks as well for the awesome work from the admins.

A severe combination of hardcore Nuffling heavily coated with Cyanidal nonsense has worn my patience. This last 4-1 match against Cacamas (well played though, his play was flawless) was a topical send-off for the Fruitcakes.

I'd say, I'll probably need a couple of seasons to gather my strength to face again the lunatic UI and the odd RNG.

Sorry to see you go. Never forget your match against my HElves where you managed to thoroughly destroy them and wipe them off the pitch.

Considering how you've done with Halflings, it'd be pretty interesting to see you play something with a bit more...meat on them. Maybe something like Lizardmen, so you get to keep the stunty players alongside a bulkier team?
    Started writing a blog for video games, roleplaying, game mechanics, and AARs.

http://dentharial.blogspot.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Yeah but they'll skill up quickly enough. I want dodge on a few linemen before I start giving all the SPPs to the grey haired buggers. Early SPPs to the linos gives you some chance at guard too.
    Fair enough. I started with a suggested (660)2catch,(+80) 2blitz(+100),1thrower(+10) 3Rerolls(+150,maybe should of taken apo)

Nerves of steel turns the Catchers into excellent cage cores you can mark them with 5 players but unless you intercept its a 2+ pass. I would miss them if I didn't have them.

I do feel however that elven linemen still collect spp at a healthy rate. Indeed a catcher feeding them a hand off for a TD or catching a 2+ pass of theirs is useful for spp distribution.

That said, 6 games in I only have 1 guard lineman.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    A lot of people have asked this and I havn't seen an answer yet, what do you do if you are retiring your team and starting over?

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    But you are a Diva!
    Fair enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Dentharial View Post
    Sorry to see you go. Never forget your match against my HElves where you managed to thoroughly destroy them and wipe them off the pitch.

Considering how you've done with Halflings, it'd be pretty interesting to see you play something with a bit more...meat on them. Maybe something like Lizardmen, so you get to keep the stunty players alongside a bulkier team?

Thanks all,

I'm not totally gone, I just need a bit of a break. I think there's nothing wrong with halflings (although I'm considering Amazons, cos' they have boobs), I just need a bit of a break from the bugs, the flawed user interface and a pretty long series of bad rolls - I'm left wondering about Cyanide's implementation of "random", given the quality of the rest of the game's implementation.