Page 152 of 349 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 6974
    FWIW, I think that PW's proposal does have merit given that the Tier 5 league that I started in was a fairly good introduction to the DoD and meant that my team would at least have 6 matches to play before it could touch Tier 3 and so have at least half a chance of a level 3 player on the team...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Hmm, what are the chances of teams being transferable over to Blood Bowl 2?
    As a spirited guess: Nil. Nada. Zero. I really, really hope that one of the things they improve is the atrocious handling of team-data. Because if that doesn't speed up (how long does it take to read out a simple XML? Sheesh), there's literally no reason for Bloodbowl 2.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shar_ds View Post
    FWIW, I think that PW's proposal does have merit given that the Tier 5 league that I started in was a fairly good introduction to the DoD and meant that my team would at least have 6 matches to play before it could touch Tier 3 and so have at least half a chance of a level 3 player on the team...
    Not mine, really - I was expanding on part of Groovy's post
    I know we'd discussed using a 'newbie' division at the bottom, maybe promoting the top 2 at the end of each season? But I haven't seen new players complaining much about their tier 3 experiences?

Activated Node
    I have no problem with the current system of DoD. Yes, there may be high TV teams in higher divisions, but the challenge is half the fun after all.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    I'll concede it can be a bit of a trial by fire for new players in their second season if they had a good run in their very first and go to tier 3. On the other, other hand, if they got promoted in their first season to tier 3, they must be reasonably knowledgeable, right??
    This made me chuckle - I must be Reasonably knowledgeable - woohoo! Pretty sure I went up by default with folks leaving or taking breaks - definitely been rough but I expected no less with nekkid vikings. Seems fine to me though - might change my tune if no one makes it out alive this month ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphatty View Post
    This made me chuckle - I must be Reasonably knowledgeable - woohoo! Pretty sure I went up by default with folks leaving or taking breaks - definitely been rough but I expected no less with nekkid vikings. Seems fine to me though - might change my tune if no one makes it out alive this month ;)
    Err, yeah, after writing that I did think there was probably a couple of promotions due to drop-outs from above, so i guess you came at least second in your division? So un-reasonably knowledgeable, perhaps? And yeah, if you're playing norse, people will die all the time, its all about trying to take the opposition with you...
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Activated Node
    applied to K, also just levelled two of my blitzers and got a +AG and a +MA, pretty happy with that especially since my only other level up so far was a double! (bragging over)

Apologies to the overlords & admins... RL (work..) had kicked off quite a bit with various things and I'm going to be out the country for a week... I've marked myself as Z on the ol' spreadsheet..
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    A week is fine - you'd be able to either squeeze your first game in, or default it and play the other two - but if you're not going to be able to make the other two either then a Z is the right move.

However, and this is to everyone not just to you - the time to announce you're planning to miss a season is before the old season ends so that Groovy doesn't have to recalculate promotions and demotions and juggle players around. It's annoying, it's time consuming, it can delay the start of the new season, and if anyone else does it after reading this, it's damned inconsiderate.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    FORMAL DECLARATION

Next season I will reboot as Nurgle, there are currently 4 slots filled, I claim the 5th.

WHINY JUSTIFICATION
    The I keep having my elf mans die to Nurgle bastards. So clearly the answer is to become the bastards.
    Welcome to the brotherhood. The more Nurglemans the better.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    But who has CPOMB players in tier 3?
    *cough* I certainly didn't.

>_>
    <_<

Why're you all looking at me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Back when I still had a performing team, I hit the Champs with a TV between 1400 and 1600 - I greatly enjoyed the challenge and came to see that the inducements actually do make for a reasonable challenge. So I am all for keeping the current system and not have any super resets. :)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Applications still missing -

2 - WebCole
    A - Kelron
    D - Gorm
    G - Dentharial
    I - No missing signups but there is currently a space for a filler team
    L - Smingleigh

Applications still missing -

2 - WebCole
    A - Kelron
    D - Gorm
    G - Dentharial
    I - No missing signups but there is currently a space for a filler team
    L - Smingleigh
    I call dibs on the filler team! I got a hankering for some fling action

Smiggs the gardener was going to sign me up, but he got blitzed on weedkiller instead. I have doubled his beatings and signed up myself.

My sole reason for playing this chaos team is that I might one day fluke my way into the champs, whereupon I will kill all Grinn's orcs. That is seriously the only reason. I am all about the killing.
    Awwww so sweet of you guys. Am honoured to be your resident (temporary) dragon.

AGP mentioned this in a steam chat recently: would be worth having some sort of commemoration of Champs winners. Maybe team portraits with a cup photoshopped on them and a pic of the coach or something like that - all in a nice little album with a little write-up/round-up of the champs games that led to that victory at the bottom. just a paragraph written by the winner (of course!).

OR SOMETHING.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Sorry, will get my application in this evening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    The time to announce you're planning to miss a season is before the old season ends so that Groovy doesn't have to recalculate promotions and demotions and juggle players around. It's annoying, it's time consuming, it can delay the start of the new season, and if anyone else does it after reading this, it's damned inconsiderate.
    Just to back up PW. This ^ is true. I like to think everyone here IS considerate, so please help us out if you're going to vanish? I know RL gets in the way sometimes, but its a google doc - it can be edited on a phone or other mobile device :-). And you only have to put in a Z....

Additionally, I want to be kicking off divisions tonight and we have scattered people missing across the divisions. I'll be PMing folks tonight and anyone not in by Friday may miss the cut for this season. You are being warned!!!
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Just to back up PW. This ^ is true. I like to think everyone here IS considerate, so please help us out if you're going to vanish?
    I'm going to disappear for a week this coming sunday - I'm hoping to squeeze my game in on saturday and then, again, hopefully not miss week 2.

I'll have forum access but most likely no BB access, so at least I'll be able to communicate my FFs

Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    AGP mentioned this in a steam chat recently: would be worth having some sort of commemoration of Champs winners. Maybe team portraits with a cup photoshopped on them and a pic of the coach or something like that - all in a nice little album with a little write-up/round-up of the champs games that led to that victory at the bottom. just a paragraph written by the winner (of course!).

OR SOMETHING.
    I'd like a team snapshot of the winners to go along with that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    If all goes to plan I'll be moving house at the end of the month. I've tried to minimise my internet downtime, but there may be a period of 6 days this season where I can't play BB. With luck I'll fit my games around that.