Page 154 of 371 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 7419
    I'm curious as to what happens (if it ever does happen) if two teams owned by the same coach are due to play each other.

That can't happen since a filler team is only valid for 1 season. As you see my Vampire team is no longer playing even though it would have been promoted.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    It looked last night like 20phoenix had already applied to fill in I - anyone want to take my slot in L if I move up tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Happy to put a low tier filler in if necessary as i am thinking of starting a new team.
    If this is still valid, I guess LowKey would!

Well ,if lowkey puts in an application tonight for L, I'll accept it as necessary. If not, anyone else who posts in here and gets an application in gets the spot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Righto applied for L with a Human team as there was only 1 in the league at the moment (you xenos loving scum), do I need to do anything to the sheet?

Activated Node
    Make the sheet pretty with flowers and anything that is unrelated to blood bowl and see how many people come here to post about something being wrong!

It's GO GO GO. All divisions started!

Organise your first game in the groups! Off you go!

Network Hub
    Nogbad and the Bad Nogs (Me, Norse) 1 - 1 50 Shades of Beard (Chadsexington, Chaos Dwarf)

The division H opener saw a slightly nervous return for the Nogs. High-AV bashy teams are always a tough ask for Norse, and an early KO for the Yhetee (I forgot frenzy :-S) after kicking off made the first half a struggle; the chwarf cage was held back for most of the half, but KOs mounted and the dwindling Nogs couldn't stop the Hobgoblin carrier breaking away for the TD, although he was forced to make two GFIs to do it.

The Yhetee slumbered on through that turnover and through half-time, so the Nogs had to make do with the rest of the KOed players waking for the second half. Mercifully, the only more serious injury at this point (and, as it turned out, by the end of the game) was a dead rookie runner.

A very cautious defensive setup from the chwarfs allowed the Nogs to move the ball quickly to the touchline behind a wide cage/screen. The bull centaurs and their supports focused on the flanks, allowing the Nogs to bash a hole in the middle that the ball carrying runner happily waltzed through, failed his single-GFI-with-RR to get to a protected position, and fell flat on his face. The chwarfs quickly surrounded the ball, and a hobgoblin waltzed in to pick it up. All Nogs within range desperately threw themselves into contact with the ball carrier, hoping to salvage some chance of scoring despite the half-cage of chwarfs and bull centaurs ready to pound them into the dirt next turn.

At this point, while I was still screaming at Nuffle, he decided to turn his capricious favour onto the Nogs. A Bull Centaur began the process of clearing away the pesky markers, and rolled double skulls, which it promptly re-rolled to double skulls.

All hell broke loose. Fired up by the sudden glimpse of a way back into the match, the Nogs proceeded to smash chwarf after chwarf into the turf, injuring hobgoblins, chwarfs, and, in the process of equalizing, one of the bull centaurs. They even made dodges and a hand-off.

The streak continued into the final drive, with the Nogs (now with superior numbers) able to pick up a short kick after another double skull for the chwarfs, but two turns wasn't quite enough to snatch a win. Nonetheless, a respectable result on their return, and a nice lead-in to their first ever Norse v. Norse showdown in game 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Sounds like quite a game, Nogphan. Congratulations on snatching a draw from the grim jaws of defeat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Dwwwaaaaarrrrrrrffffffffffsssssssss

Activated Node
    Ouchies. :/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Poor troll, he had Claw too! :(

Activated Node
    ImageMatchReport.jpgKhepri Khemri (Me Khemri) Vs The Rakish Rodents (Skaven) 2-1

The Debut game for the Khemri was assisted by a friendly wizard and both star players Ramtut and Nekbrekerekh.

The coin toss went to the Rakish Rodents who chose to kick allowing the first round of bashing away with Ramtut taking the lead and Nekbrekerekh handling the blitzing the Thro Ra performing admirably grabbing the ball without stalling and letting the protective form of blitz ra and skeletons keep it safe as the Tomb Guardians led by Ramtut slowly advanced tieing up rats and attempting to slowly hit them away. Horror ensued at turn 5/6 when a successful 1 die blitz action from an evil gutter runner popped the ball onto the floor fortunately surrounded by Tomb guardians. After a few bashes it was retrieved and the ball ran home for the first touchdown just before halftime. Leaving the numbers of rodents slightly reduced due to injuries preparing for the second half including the death of a rookie Skaven thrower.

Now with the Rakish Rodents laying their claws on the ball they showed exactly what a skaven can do and promptly ran amok inside the Khemri half scoring on the 11th turn leaving Khepri Khemri awaiting the eager return of the ball. As the ball was received again the Khepri Khemri were fortunate with another injury and a ko within the first few seconds of receiving the ball which again was retrieved safely. Next round the offensive gutter runner seeking to stall the thrower was ko'ed by an eager blitz ra and the same process of ramtut slowly leading everyone forwards as the thro ra patiently plodded along behind leaving the final attempt to just move 2 rats out of the way so the Thro Ra could finish the game on turn 16.

http://bbm.jcmag.fr/BloodBowlManager.WebSite/ImageMatchReport.aspx?Id=238899&lang=en&bg=orca

I surrender images are not my fortay
    Last edited by Hellsraiser; 22-06-2013 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Adding an image or attempting to do so

Its been a while since the team took a serious injury but today we mourn two.

My AG5, dauntless, tackle, wrestle gutter has gone to the great sewer in the sky while my main one turner (MA10, catch, sprint, wrestle) has been crippled with a MA injury and is now carrying 30k of bloat. Facing a tough decision on whether to keep him as that would leave me very reliant on the skills of Jumbce Creep (block, SS, big hand, two heads, pass block) since my other gutter is only level 2.

In other news Global Warping drew 1-1 with the Altdorf Army in a surprisingly slow and patient game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    My chaotic gentlebeasts battled mr joose's boatmurdering dwarfs for a 2-0 win in Div.C today (validation appreciated btw :). Highlights of the game were a double surf made by blackhoof and no serious injuries on either team (one mng for me, and one death rerolled to bh for mr joose).

Lesser Hivemind Node

This really doesn't capture the full flavour of the game, it's all about who sustained the injuries. The Skaven took a -1MV (Which is better than the dead that was originally rolled) to a Gutter Runner, a Miss Next Game to another Gutter Runner, a Badly Hurt to their Rat Ogre and another injury to some random rat dude.

MY Wizard was basically worth double what I paid for him, his lightning bolt inflicting the kill on the Gutter Runner ball carrier, stopping a touch down. Superb effort from the beardy man. A counter Blitz by the Sakven eneded up scattering the ball into the ahnds of my Ogre and I couldn't (due to sending offs and KOs) afford to detach a Catcher to move up field for any crazy play. So the first half ended 0-0.

I then managed a 7 turn grind up the pitch which was punctuated by Rat after Rat leaving the field. I just couldn't quite muster up enough coverage to pin down both the Blitzer and the free Gutter runner to risk trying for a full 8 turn stall and as a result the rats had more than enough to run in a game tying touchdown to end the match.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 23-06-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Its been a while since the team took a serious injury but today we mourn two.

My AG5, dauntless, tackle, wrestle gutter has gone to the great sewer in the sky while my main one turner (MA10, catch, sprint, wrestle) has been crippled with a MA injury and is now carrying 30k of bloat. Facing a tough decision on whether to keep him as that would leave me very reliant on the skills of Jumbce Creep (block, SS, big hand, two heads, pass block) since my other gutter is only level 2.

In other news Global Warping drew 1-1 with the Altdorf Army in a surprisingly slow and patient game.
    Truly this the game that marks the point where I remember how to construct a whole half drive rather than 2 turn touchdowns.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Does anyone know Alini IRL? He/she hasn't responded to my SteamFriendRequest, and hasn't posted in the division D thread. Meanwhile my week is filling up...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    He didn't play last two games of last season either. (And didn't respond to my friend request either). He did mention some real life troubles he had. I'm suprised he reapplied to be honest.