Page 158 of 371 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 7417
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Yeah, unfortunately dwarves are just about the most limited team in the game, I'd say. I started with them, and they're good solid reliable teams, and painfully good at what they do, but without a whole heap of lucky doubles, they have very little tactical flexibility. s'why I've not played with mine since - I like to be able to mix things up a bit, hence my fondness for average teams like Amazons and Humans. Lizards are good, also.

It's not impossible to make them more interesting, though, with a few doubles. Give one pass and one catch, and they're comparable to a pair of armoured amazons, minus dodge, but with sure hands. It'll take a lot of development before it pays off, though, and they'll still be merely good rather than great.
    Last edited by sinister agent; 26-06-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Guard and mighty blow and cage up and trundle slowly forwards over a carpet of the wounded and the dead. Or get any other team except Khemri.

Activated Node
    Admitedly it does seem dwarf and khemri may have some similar tactics but when my khemri show moments of elfy behaviour i am proud to watch them dodging and successfully passing, rare i ask rare they succeed but when it does you have that moment of sheer joy from rarity!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In my first ever multiplayer game of Blood Bowl (in the Divisions) my fresh chaos team were playing against some dwarves. Dwarves received. My chaps swarmed them. Pushed them deep into their half. Surrounded the runner. Bashed him over. Ball scattered to a blocker who caught it...

... then dodged through a tackle zone into clear space and launched an astonishing long bomb to another blocker in my half (not to the blitzer next to him, mind). Said blocker then waddled off towards the end zone, whereupon he eventually scored.

Activated Node
    Speaking of Dwarves; this is probably the last season for my Dwarves. When they win they win dull, and when they lose they are frustrating as balls. I'm going back to something more interesting next season. Like Ogres!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Khorne? Underworld?

Talking of annoying dwarves whatever happened to Snoozer. Those runners he had were redonculous. So much so I broke out the word redonculous for the first time ever. Now I feel dirty.

Network Hub
    Aren't Khorne banned?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Groovy is softening.

As I often left one of my Dwarf runners in the back field, I gave him Tackle to help be a safety.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim and I got disconnected around turn 5 when his network went down briefly (I think; I was still online, anyway). He was 1-0 up at that point, so Cyanide set it to 3-1 to me. Jiiiiiiim doesn't think he'll have time for a replay and reckons it was heading for a 2-1 to me anyway (I had the ball and the numbers advantage), so he forfeited. :-/

I think the best thing to do is leave it as-is in game but set it to 2-1 on the sheet, does that seem reasonable to the other admins?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    No objections here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    No objections here.
    Good enough for me. Validated, along with the other Div C match.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsraiser View Post
    Admitedly it does seem dwarf and khemri may have some similar tactics but when my khemri show moments of elfy behaviour i am proud to watch them dodging and successfully passing, rare i ask rare they succeed but when it does you have that moment of sheer joy from rarity!
    It's true. The surprisingly-more-common-than-you'd-think Tomb Guardian Interception brings a tear to my eye every time. (That's Khemri in general. I've never met your Tomb Guardians.)

My rats managed a 2-1 win over Drawliens dwarves meaning just Laneford's nurglerific horror show stands between my rats and the champs. Two thoughts cross my mind - Lanefords Nurgle are going to kick seven shades of crap out of me. The other is the possibility of "doing a Weasel". Namely knocking on the door of the champs with a kick ass team for many seasons then finally getting promoted after losing your best players!

Divisions of Death Rejoice!

The Nobz took a massive beating today at the hands of boots lizards. Three armour breaks out of the first four rolls, two of them injuries and one KO that never came back pretty much sums up the game. Started the second half with 6 and got one of them KOd out by a rock to add injury to injury.

Perhaps age is finally getting the better of the poor old Nobz.

Screwie will be happy to know I have a MB, Guard Dodge, Block, SF BO missing the next game.

2-0 win to Boots' T-Rex wannabes.

Dreams of bagging the 6th have just taken a spike in the balls.
    Last edited by grinn; 26-06-2013 at 10:47 PM.

Div I: Thunderbox Scramblers (Gob, Dog Pants) 3 - 1 Revellers In Sorrow (DElf, Recoil3842)

The Thunderbox Scramblers begin the game by kicking the ball into the crowd, getting the Revellers In Sorrow off to a rolling start. The Revellers race forward, a couple of linemen ignoring the goblin defence and getting deep behind their line, and despite a couple of markers catching them a long but accurate pass from the midfield finds its target. The lineman almost ignores his goblin marker, dashing past and scoring while some of the crowd are still finding their seats.
    The game slows a little after the Revellers kick. The Scramblers take the ball but make no sudden movements. Taking advantage of the inaction, several Dark Elves breeze through the goblin line to harass the ball carrier, but the gobbos make good their exit and huddle up behind a troll and the fanatic in the centre of the pitch. The Scramblers' heavies push forwards, deflecting the Dark Elf line who try to avoid contact, while the Scramblers' Pogoer dashes up the right flank. The goblins spot a gap as the Revellers fall back and get the ball to the Pogoer, who bounds linewards and scores unopposed.
    The goblins kick again, this time landing at the feet of a Dark Elf Blitzer. The Blitzer takes the opportunity to snatch up the ball and push forwards with the assistance of a nearby lineman, but with the rest of his team's failure to reach them in support the pair are soon brought down by a mass of greenskins. The ball is taken up by the Scramblers but a fumbled hand-off lands it near the flailing Fanatic. More Revellers press towards the pack, but can't prevent the knot of goblins recovering the ball and ferrying it to a waiting troll-handler. True to form, the lumbering troll picks up the gobbo and sends him lazily arcing over the pitch. The goblin manages to stay on his feet, and sprints across the line before the Revellers can respond.
    The Scramblers kick again with little time remaining in the half. A Dark Elf runner takes the ball up and looks for another opportunity to pass, but nothing presents itself. As the only real fighting of the game so far breaks out on the centre line, a troll decides to try and bring the ball carrier down with a thrown team-mate, but only succeeds in dropping him.

The second half begins with a magnificent kick by the Revellers In Sorrow, dropping the ball in the very corner of the pitch. The Scramblers scramble to get back to it and barely recover before the Dark Elves are onto them. The ball carrier manages to avoid disaster by escaping to the safety of a huddle of team-mates and a leading troll. The Pogoer races forward again, but not to be caught out twice the Revellers catch him and KO him. Several Dark Elves manage to avoid the troll and press the trailing goblins to put the ball carrier under severe duress, but with the pariah troll lumbering onwards most break free to follow. A plucky attempt at cage-breaking by a Delf lineman fails, and with their attending troll stopping in confusion the remains of the goblin cage break onwards without him. Both teams move to intercept or interfere as the huddle of greenskins heads towards the line, and the goblins ultimately win out. A lone Reveller gets hands on the carrier, but outnumbered four-to-one, he is pushed aside as the Scramblers run in a third touchdown.
    With little time left, the Revellers make a last ditch attempt at a run-and-pass, but it is not to be. The forwards are set upon and surrounded, and the final throw falls harmlessly onto the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    The other is the possibility of "doing a Weasel". Namely knocking on the door of the champs with a kick ass team for many seasons then finally getting promoted after losing your best players!
    Whippersnappers the pair of you. In my still-inexplicable 7 game winning streak I lost a level 4 wight, two level 4 ghouls, a level 4 wolf and a level 3 ghoul, leaving me with about half a team to take the title with. I managed one point and was instantly relegated. Blood Bowl!

Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    Started the second half with 6 and got one of them KOd out by a rock to add injury to injury.
    I played Boots at the end of last season, first kick off a rock KO'd my best wolf and left him out of the rest of the match. Don't know what he's bribing the crowd with but I wish I had some.

Are you Experienced?

Div Champs: The David Icke Experience 2-0 Rok-Ard Nobz

Well, Grinn said the report would be up to me as it would be too painful for him, and in fairness this was a good old fashioned nuffling.

Not fancying all that Mighty Blow and Piling On, I dipped into the coffers pre-game and put in enough money to induce Slibili. I then won the toss and elected to recieve, to try and thin out the Orc ranks a little before the the inevitable onslaught - he only had 12 players, one of whom was a freshly hired goblin. Things started badly as Grinn got a blitz, but the kick was going off field anyway, so it could have been worse. The next three turns were the most significant of the game - I injured a lv5 or so Black Orc, injured his crazy good thrower and KO'd his troll. Despite this, a couple of skinks went down and some poor positioning on my part saw him get the ball off me. In some rare good fortune for Grinn over the next few turns the first six block dice I threw at his blitzer yield nothing better than a push, but eventually he goes down and I run up the field with the last skink to score on my turn 8. Along the way the Goblin and another scary blitzer get injured, as does my AG4 MV9 skink with a few KOs each too. The 1 remaining turn of orc bashing was brutal - the crowd KO'd a Black Orc with a rock, then a Saurus is KO'd and a skink BH by the Orcs.

His 2 KO'd players fail their rolls (still including the troll) and I pass one of mine, meaning the second half starts at 10 lizards to just 6 orcs. One saurus is taken off straight away (Apothecary actually saving the death, changing it to BH!) but with so few men Grinn's options are limited : nonetheless he comes close with an attempt that was a GFI, handoff catch in a tackle zone, dodge, GFI, long bomb pass then catch in the end zone with an AG4 orc (I think - may have a bit easier or harder). Agonisingly for him, it all works until the 2+ catch which is fluffed. Crowd throw it back into the middle of the pitch, I gather round it, and it's then pretty much over as a competition in turn 11. Highlights of the remaining turns include an Orc killing the Krox by throwing a two dice against block, then next turn Badly Hurting himself with a GFI.

The dice were certainly with me at the crucial times - taking out several highly skilled players so early (and with such a small roster to start with) gave Grinn an uphill struggle all game. Only lasting injuries were a MNG Blorc, and the dead Krox (who was only on 4spp, I'm going through them quite fast at the moment).

I'll write up my notes for Punctured Lung vs the Kislev Cavaliers tomorrow. I haven't discussed it with LowKey yet, so I won't spoil anything yet.

I leave you with words from an interview with Punctured Lung's offensive anchor Big Jim the Black Orc after the match.
    "I wanna fank my fist, an my uvver fist. Dey did good punchin. Did we win?"