Page 162 of 360 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,240 of 7193
    Heroes of Holmgard 2 - 1 Cheese It!!!!!!!

Highlights included the Rat Ogre being crowd-pushed to a BH on turn 2, some insane agi5 Gutter Runner antics in the first half, a dozen KOed players being carted off in wheelbarrows, and a blizzard for the entire game.

Also, apologies to Gorm for stalling on the second TD for about, ooh, 7 turns. I wasn't going to let him score again.

Glorious admins, can you confirm our game so that the day can be pushed forward for Division D?
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    done (10 chars)

Had to concede my Div I game since I went to watch Despicable Me 2 instead. I made the right choice. Anyhoo game adminned, division rolled on, welcome to week 2 folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Havocc View Post
    Everything seems to be fine on my side. That really sucks, sorry mate :(

Guess who became MVP... The Troll, who lay flat on his arse the whole game long...
    Hey man - no big deal - not your fault - unless you are actually responsible for all the problems @ Cyanide - in which case - STOP IT!!

And I'm not surprised - the merc Yeti took mine according to the replay - then again that interception was diamond so I'll forgive him ... here's the match report if you're interested - you got screwed on the 2d6 - that's for sure. Those goblins I bribed to switch armour before the game worked wonders ;)

Realistically it should have been a 1-1 tie - but Havocc made the mistake of stalling a turn or two too much - and I am known to try ridiculous things when trapped in a bad situation - most of them didn't work - the last one did - gg Havocc - don't pass over Yetis :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Me and lowkey played this evening my advancing norse versus his underworld, my first ever game against an underworld side. Lowkey had one nasty blitzer with claws, tackle, mighty blow. Claws i don't really mind, but mighty blow is never good. At this point I'll say I maybe underestimated his AG4 goblin....

Anyway, typical first 7 turns for norse. Bash bash bash, wolf picks up, bash bash bash. Lowkey down to 5 players (3 injuries) I score turn 8 (getting my rookie ulf up to 6SPP). Simple. Lowkey has one turn.... and executes a perfect AG4 goblin throw, who sticks the landing and runs in a touchdown. Huh. Well, its not that common. It surely won't happen again... (This is known as foreshadowing, folks).

Lowkey gets a couple of KOs back, but is only up to 7 or 8, whilst I'm missing one (and have a couple of spares). The crowd obviously don't like these numbers so stun 6 of my players at kickoff. 6! This leaves a relatively simple 2 turner for lowkey, running the ball down one flank, I mark up the carrier with 2 players, but a simple 1D block sees an easy touchdown. Blimmin crowd.... Lowkey's high rating with the fans is hurting, he's been gaining a new reroll every other kickoff already.

I receive, run people up both wings, bash through the middle a bit, lowkey approaches my loose cage, I decide I'm off after one turn lost due to a double skull, double skull (first move of that turn!), run up the middle, short pass it, then hand off to a runner. 2-2, turn 12.

I kick off again, the ball goes out, lowkey gains another reroll from the crowd. A textbook goblin throw means only one dodge and he scores. turn 13.

Right, i think, I'll show him. Both runners, both wings, another pass, another handoff, turn 14, 3-3.

Lowkey throws a goblin again, even after I try stacking the line to make the throw harder. 4-3.

2 turns. Both runners. One reroll left. Use it to make the pickup. Following turn, make the handoff, but I need a blitz and a 2 GFIs. Fail the first GFI and I'm done :-(. 4-3 to Lowkey due to the sheer power and accuracy of his goblin-flinging machine. I don't think the troll got a hit on anyone all game, but he had one hell of a throwing arm.

Yes, I probably should have stalled the game. I kept giving Lowkey the opportunity for goblin throws and he kept taking them :-). On the plus side, 5 injuries, 3 touchdowns is good for my developing side and I got a lovely double 6 for my first level on my ulf, so he's now a str5 monster :-D. Piling on for my mighty blow beserker and dodge for my other runner improves my team no end.

Next up, norse kryptonite... Dwarves!! :-S
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    The Grimstone Greybeards faced off against Jcloth's Boyz in Division K.

The Orcs allow the Dwarves to receive first, probably with nefarious plans of grinding out a 2 to 1 in their favour. Slowly and unstoppable, the Dwarves advance, knocking down but never out the trolls in their way and not receiving much return fire. By turn 6, I decide to just Go For It, and my Runner succeeds unchallenged.

Little did I know how fast Orcs can get, and Jcloth's Agi+ and MV+ orc blitzers run around me and manage to sneak past my defences hugging the sidelines, equalizing 1-1 when the halftime ends with a KO'd orc.

The second half gets significantly more bloody. Or bloody at all. The Orcs receive and with 11 players left on the pitch, the Goblin gets the ball and is surrounded by orcs. They push to the left, where I surround them with Dwarves... and a wizard, who throws a fireball that merely knocks out two orcs I couldn't reach anyway. Panicked, the Goblin hands off the ball to the orc thrower, who performs a long bomb to the other side, where the Agi 4 Blitzer fails the catch and is promptly rewarded by my Trollslayer bumping into him.

One of my Blitzers picks up the ball and walks it in relatively unchallenged by turn 16, with a desperate line orc attempting an even more desperate block, which is promptly rewarded by a failed dodge and a smashed back.

2 to 1 for the Grimstone Greybeards and enough cash for Jcloth to rehire a Black Orc that decided to die on the pitch.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Right. so it's my turn to beat up some halflings, is it? When suits?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    From the Cyanide forums. Just as a note for the admins - it's possible to cheat the team creation process to get positionals when creating a new team. May be necessary to check new teams joining the league for this. To everyone else - if you play a game against a fresh team that has loners in it then the coach may be cheating and it's worth posting on here.

Cheers

Hello,

Today I discovered a real game breaking exploit when creating a new team. I'm not sure if I am the first one to bring it to your attention, but I can tell you that I have identified at least one player who seemingly has used it - My suspicion of his team allowed me to figure this out.

Say you decide to create a new Necro team. It's impossible to start a Necro team with 2 Wolves, 2 Golems, 2 Wights, 5 zombies and 3 rerolls right? It should be, but it isn't.

The game client stops you from creating a new team with less than 11 players. BUT, it does not stop you managing the team after its been created and then sacking players. You can join Auld World or any other league that doesn't check with a single zombie team. Stupid, but not game breaking...

That is until you realise what you can do with that exploit. You can create a Necro team with all zombies. Save it. Go to Manage. Sack all but 3 zombies and then buy 2 Wolves, 2 Golems, 2 Wights and 3 rerolls. 970 TV, 9 players. You can then JOIN ANY LEAGUE and QUEUE for matchmaking with this team!

Want to start a wood elf team with a bunch of positionals, 3 rerolls and an apoth? No problem! Only "downside" is a few loner linemen which tbh is a GOOD thing for low AV teams like that.

So yeah, this is a big, big issue that needs to be fixed ASAP. The number of ways you can exploit this to have a min maxed team with a few loner linemen is crazy.

Please address this as a first priority.

Thanks,

LloydsGamble

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    That doesn't sound good. Whilst I don't think it has the greatest impact on a long-term league, it'll affect new players in the bottom tier the most, and just isn't fun. Exploits are a big no-no here - Just to be clear, anyone exploits this or any other 'gap' in the Cyanide system, new players or old, will get banned from the divisions (possibly only a temporary ban, depending on mitigating circumstances, but a minimum one season out to think about what you've done). There's zero-tolerance for cheating here, we're all here to play a fun game within the rules. I'm sure there won't be any issues here as we are all proponents of fair, violent play, but as Everblue said, be vigilant - generally we don't have time to go in and check every team prior to the season starting, and I don't want to have to make team-checking mandatory beyond a cursory glance at TVs.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Activated Node
    I think I'm going to have to start cheating after the pounding I got from vex's Dwarfs! I think the Boyz were a bit tired as they took every possible opportunity to have a little lie down. Also, RIP Robert, and welcome Robert II. Also also, I'm thinking about firing Charles Sandwich the cowardly goblin, but I like his name too much!

Not getting to name all your players? I don't care how much of an advantage this min-maxing nonsense gives you, nothing will get in the way of my artistic vision!

Seriously though, if i spot anyone doing this i'm going to try and maim their precious positionals before reporting them to the proper authorities.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Jcloth's Agi+ and MV+ orc blitzers run around me
    My +AG guy just rolled +MV! Cue him getting murderised I guess!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    He has AV9, block and is in a team full of strength players. He does the murdering, not the other way around!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Boots won against the Red Skull Reavers in the champs

I won't be doing a match report other than to say fuck these dice.

Network Hub
    If anyone would prefer watching a Norse v. Norse showdown to being out in the sun, Mcphatty and I will be playing our Div H match in about 20 minutes, after a delay while I reinstall the game having swapped out a hard drive a couple of days ago and completely forgotten I'd need to reinstall in advance of my match :-s

What I was expecting to be full of carnage and death turned out to be relatively peaceful ... my ever diminishing squad managing to secure a draw against Dolphan's slightly less beat up Norsemen. Shamelessly I admit to mostly ignoring the ball during his opening drive in an effort to 'level' the playing field a bit ... and continued to ignore the ball until the second half. Sadly most of my damage inflicted resulted in KOs, many of whom just wouldn't stay down between drives. The last turns saw me over commit into D's half and he almost secured a victory but having to GFI with no RR - Nuffle did the obvious and brought his man down on the first extra step to my obvious delight!

Thankfully I avoided a second Cyaniding and will be able to buy some players again! And I will stop hiring a yeti with inducements since they have nicked the last 3 MVPs while mostly pretending to be very ugly rugs! Although my beat up Blues look to be in danger of promotion to Tier 2 at this point which frankly scares me - so to everyone in my division - win your games dammit! - Yes all of you, win all of them - I don't care how - just do it! Cheers Dolphan - good game - well fought!

RPS Hall of Fame were in action tonight against Ethelreds Dark Elves. Opted for Zara over Deeproot for increased mobility but she must have liked the look of some of the dark elves as allshe did was playfully shove them around. A deep kick and rubbish block dice saw me eat through my rerolls by turn three but the all-stars managed to smuggle the ball to halfway. The fling carrier was taken down briefly but the ball was recovered by Cyberpunkdreams. His dreams of scoring were dashed by a desperate runner blitz in turn 8 but a lucky 1d blitz, pick up in TZ and hand off to Laneford got the flings over the line for the opener.

Second half the RPsers had the druchii squeezed against the side line, surfing two before they escaped into a hole down the middle. Zara dodged to blitz the carrier but forgot the dodging part and allowed the darkies into scoring range. Still the flings didnt give it up and managed to 1d blitz the blitzer down but without enough numbers to get the ball. The elves recovered it next turn but still couldnt quite get over the line but when the flings tried to repeat the trick the only got a push allowing the elves to equalise in turn 15.

The ball was brought to half way but the one turner attempt failed as NieA7 failed the landing. A 1-1 draw in their first completed game was respectable. A disappointing lack of injuries on either side and the only attempted foul was punished for no armour break.

MVP of course went to our esteemed leader and team captain Groovy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    8 but a lucky 1d blitz, pick up in TZ and hand off to Laneford got the flings over the line for the opener.
    Woohoo! Did I level up?

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    The ball was brought to half way but the one turner attempt failed as NieA7 failed the landing.
    Never was good at gymnastics: played a prop in rugby, which is basically the same thing as assisting fouls.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Woohoo! Did I level up?
    No - I was intending on making you the first fling to take first class air travel but had to do it to NieA7 for safety.