Page 165 of 351 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 7009
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Guard's not very helpful if you're marking receivers. It IS very helpful if you are standing in the middle of a cage being annoying. I suspect that sort of bold placement of your AV7 star player won't leave her alive for very long however - she should be making the hits, not standing around helping others make hits?
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Guard with Frenzy could work well, too. She can act as a sort of beachhead, pushing someone aside/out, then have Guard protect the reinforcements who come after. Or since it's often wise to blitz last (esp. if dodging is involved), she could use Guard to assist a few pedestrian blocks, then do her blitzy thing. Or you can just count on her Shadowing to weaken any enemy blocks.

Guard is never unwelcome. Just depends how often she works alone, I suppose, which depends on how you like to play.
    Last edited by sinister agent; 09-07-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You don't need all that much guard as high TV elves I find. You are always outguarded, outstrengthed and outstandfirmed by the bash teams, so standing and fighting is rarely a good idea. Two or three guard are nice to be able to get in a strategic hit, but I do feel that sometimes there's a bit of groupthink that more guard is always better. Much more important is to get an assist in right there to crack a cage and allow you to get the ball. A couple of blodge guard linemen/blitzers are good for that imo - I wouldn't risk such a valuable player.

I also think that if you don't have a big hitter on the team then you are always behind. A MB/tackle/block witch elf is a joy to have on the team and can post some very nice casualty statistics.

While normally I'd agree you don't want guard on a squishy positional, guard on a MA8 shadowing piece makes my brain melt slightly. Considering you can shadow behind a player following up after blocking someone else you could play some ludicrous mind games with her. Still probably go for juggs or tackle (mighty blow without tackle is a bit meh, better off with dirty player on a lineelf), but there's definitely possibilities there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Could an admin move div. C forward to matchday 2? I'm supposed to play against Jiiiiim in 20 minutes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I won't be home for at least another hour and a half; best see if you can find someone on steam.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Bit late, but done.

Oh and in case anyone ever needs a quick admin response feel free to PM me. Much of the time I'll be working on a PC with BB installed so can quickly hop in if needs be and I usually spot email notifications pretty fast.
    Last edited by Zoraster; 09-07-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Thanks Zor!

can someone please validate my match div e please?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nuffle is determined to screw with me at the moment. Had some appalling dice recently, especially injury rolls, but finally had a better outing today including a clear pitch thanks to endless KOs. Crucially I got two levels on players I've been chasing for weeks getting the 4spp to get the third skill on my thrower and the second skill to get me my key two heads/big hand ball retriever. Cue Cyanide desynching us on the turn 16 kick off and no doubt sending the game into the ether.

*sob*

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yay! Reverse tempting fate works here too :)

Sadly it has registered the game but as a Mad Dave abandon. No difference to the score and we both get our SPP but it does mean I get double winnings and an extra MVP....

Network Hub
    I updated the sheet, you should really do that before asking for a validation.

Any chance a kindly admin could move div E on to day 3 early?

I'm going to be without reliable internet from Saturday until after the end of the season so was hoping to get my day 3 game in before then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yep, done.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In Division D Gorm has cancelled our game tomorrow and asked for a reschedule for Thursday night at 10.30pm, so we should be done by then. I will roll the division on after the game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    @Nie, you made the Guard thing sound very tempting indeed - giving my opponents headaches is one of my very favourite things!

In the end I however went with Tackle. As tempting as a Guard/SS/Shadower is, it's difficult to argue against the added efficiency that Tackle provides in her defensive role, both actively and passively. I didn't want to be kicking myself for the next 100 SPPs for not taking that skill.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.
    Last edited by Screwie; 10-07-2013 at 09:30 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Heliocentric vs smaug81 (aka Marmojet(sp?)) in Div B day 2 needs a 2 day extension(to play on Saturday) due to scheduling conflicts.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Looking at helio's post above we have an opportunity for useful synergy with our new fixture-announcing date/time column in the fixtures list:
    If you've planned your game after the end of the current week, add the date in the fixture tab. That way, when we're looking at a missing score at the end of the week, we can see if it is still due in the next couple of days and won't default you. Makes sense, no?

So, from now on, if you have asked for an extension in here, add the date/time of the delayed game on the fixture sheet, too, so we can track more easily where a game has been organised without having to go through the last few pages in the forums.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    In before the rule, #soawesome.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Cyanide or network shenanigans in my Div. C game against Jiiiiim meant that we got interrupted in the second half, with Jiiiiim one up on me. Jiiiiim wants to keep the cyanided result however since the fault seemed to be on his end and he did the same with him and Chainsawhands's interrupted match. This will mean I will get the win. I'm not too happy about it but my chaos can use the SPP, so I'll await the admins decision.