Page 170 of 324 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,400 of 6472
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    i'm back now, so Jclooth, when suits?
    Hello! I'm free most nights this week so just hit me up on steam...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mcphatty View Post
    Do you have a replay on BBM by chance? Sounds like a corker! I hope this means we can continue our rivalry - although I probably have a lower TV than before - heheheh!
    Frankly I never want to see it again. Will try to remember to upload it later though so you can amuse yourself at my team being taken apart by the two yhetis.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    It should really have ended in an epic title decider between you and the dethroned king Grinn, although I suppose you got your epic title decider in early.
    The interesting thing is I've yet to defeat Grinn. Our first meeting was a loss for me, the second one a draw. Yet Boots did defeat the orcs, and that's what put Grinn out of contention this season. It's funny how these things work out.

Thanks for the congratulations all! I'll finish up the report tonight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Well done, Screwie! I remember how we started, back in the days....
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    'Grats, Screwie!

My first divisions win was two draws and a default, so not beating Grinn is nothing to be ashamed of. ;-)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    I dont think thats right - my casualty rate is poor which will cost me in the end I think. Skaven tend to get shafted by the tie breaker as in order to keep up with the TD/cas tiebreaker they have to score 4-5 TDs a game to keep up with the casualties they take.
    I took a monstrous number of casualties in the second half of my game with laneford (after escaping basically unharmed from the fist half and I thought you outbashed me by 1 in our game. As I was casualty neutral in my game with drawlien unless you take super-ultra-massive damage from laneford you'll beat me on the tie break if you draw. If that's not the case then my chances of avoiding relegation look a bit happier. A win for either of you would guarantee me staying up. I don't think there's any possible combination that can see me promoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    I took a monstrous number of casualties in the second half of my game with laneford (after escaping basically unharmed from the fist half and I thought you outbashed me by 1 in our game. As I was casualty neutral in my game with drawlien unless you take super-ultra-massive damage from laneford you'll beat me on the tie break if you draw. If that's not the case then my chances of avoiding relegation look a bit happier. A win for either of you would guarantee me staying up. I don't think there's any possible combination that can see me promoted.
    2.1k Nurgle + ag3 linerats = casualty mountain. I'm going to have to win I'm pretty sure

I think it should be TDs first and Cas. only counting if the TDs are tied. It should always be about touchdowns.

(my team is chaos btw)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2lab View Post
    I think it should be TDs first and Cas. only counting if the TDs are tied. It should always be about touchdowns.

(my team is chaos btw)
    I'm happy enough with the current tie breaker rules and averse to opening up the whole can of worms again; my own feeling is if people are that bothered about promotion and demotion they should win their games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    The Grimstone Greybeards just happened to some halflings in Division K.

The outcome was rather one-sided as Cacamas' Halflings gave battle to the dwarfs and the dwarfs happily battled back. Even though Cacamas managed to set up some fouls, injuring my troll slayer early in the match, at least half of the eight snotling... err.. halfling casualties came self-inflicted due to horrible, horrible, horrible block dice. Even Deeproot didn't do much more than push the sole marking dwarf around for 16 turns with the occasional swiping of his feet. And that's not mentioning the dodge or pass dice.

2-0 for the dwarves, which could have been a 3-0 if the final hand-over had actually taken place.
    My games-related Twitter: VexingVision

Currently playing: Hearthstone; Blood Bowl; Dominions 4
    Currently waiting for: Wildstar; Darkest Dungeon

I'm off for me 2 weeks in the sun and Mrs Ethelred has strict rules about online gaming and the desktop would take me over my baggance allowance. She also mentioned something about "quality family time", but I was glued to Forum updates at the time so wasn't listening.

All of which means I'll be on a break for around a month, so I have marked myself as a Z for next season but will rejoin for the next. Is there anything else I need to do?

Speaking of one sided Div K matches, the Crappy Comedians just lost 3-0 to Jclooth and his Boyz.

The game started off superbly for the sub-par comedians, with the first block of the match leading to a smashed ankle to but very quickly turned into a game of let's-see-which-creative-way-that-the Ag+Ma+ Blitzer-can-score. The Blitzer in question managed no less then 10 successful go-for-it rolls, and didn't fuck up once. That, coupled with my ghouls deciding to leave their dodging boots at home today and some truly atrocious block dice for the comedians led to a decisive victory for the Boyz.

The upside to all this is that my Mummies more than earned their pay with that smashed ankle, and no injuries were sustained. So i'm fresh and ready for next season!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethelred View Post
    I'm off for me 2 weeks in the sun and Mrs Ethelred has strict rules about online gaming and the desktop would take me over my baggance allowance. She also mentioned something about "quality family time", but I was glued to Forum updates at the time so wasn't listening.

All of which means I'll be on a break for around a month, so I have marked myself as a Z for next season but will rejoin for the next. Is there anything else I need to do?
    You have done it right and may now bask in the quiet approval of the admins.
    Hope you and your family have a nice, exactly-quiet-enough holiday.

I'm happy enough with the current tie breaker rules and averse to opening up the whole can of worms again; my own feeling is if people are that bothered about promotion and demotion they should win their games.
    I used this as my rat-talk before the game and it paid off handsomely as the rats were inspired to a 4-0 victory. We're off to the champs!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Those rats are invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Those rats are invincible.
    I pitch-cleared them bar the rat ogre and scored on my turn 16, and they still managed to score on their last turn.

When I see a can of worms I always want to take a look, to find out why anyone would can worms.
    Last edited by 2lab; 16-07-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I pitch-cleared them bar the rat ogre and scored on my turn 16, and they still managed to score on their last turn.
    Pretty awesome huh?*

*awesome may mean annoying in this instance

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Pretty awesome huh?
    It's the reason all rookie rat teams have to be utterly destroyed: hit them before they get going or you'll never catch up.

Basically you're responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Skaven. You monster.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Awesome, I like facing Skaven teams. I don't have a good record against them, but they are always fun matches.