Page 171 of 345 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 6894
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Well at least I stay in Div 1 and get another crack at promotion next season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    My dwarfs have no collectively more Sidestep than Guard amongst their ranks.

Should I go for Shadowing next? :P
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Level 3 zombie, or linemen in general, would you keep it or fire it? Having block is useful on zombies, I guess I could go for fend as well but it doesn't seem worth the TV. I could do with a kicker, but I'm only keeping 3 zombies and they'll be on the LOS most of the time.

I had a block/fend zombie for a long time, I thought he was definitely worth it. He was especially useful for dealing with frenzied big guys, but excelled in generally at tying up dangerous players for several turns at a time (probably his finest hour was marking a treeman with grab who simply couldn't break his armour - for a whole half he did a slow circular dance around the tree, it's was beautiful). Dauntless is another possibility, depending on the amount of guard you've got around.

Without a double I'd fire at level 4, assuming you've got the skills elsewhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    My dwarfs have no collectively more Sidestep than Guard amongst their ranks.

Should I go for Shadowing next? :P
    Is that sidestep on a first double? You don't fancy dodge then?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Totally depends on the lineman. If he was a Human I'd happily take Tackle or Fend without a second thought.

Fend is not quite at Side-Step/Stand Firm levels of annoyance but it can really, really slow down a bash teams grind down the pitch and keep your cage more secure when opponents can't follow up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Is that sidestep on a first double? You don't fancy dodge then?
    I value positioning over being pushed to the side. Dodge is definitely the next double, but with my AV I don't care so much about going down as I care about being in a position to really vex my opponent when I stand up again.

Then again, I'll totally go for pass skills, too, so let's see how far this goes. ;)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @kelron - I like fend on zombies because they can't dodge away from trouble. Dauntless is also not terrible, as is tackle.

@VV - Fair enough! I prefer side step over stand firm too, but with dwarf blockers I tend to worry about block/claw/mb chaos and nurgle warriors, who typically won't have tackle.

Activated Node
    Pretty mixed season for the Boyz.

Sad death of Robert the Black Orc, who's replacement Robert the second managed to get himself knocked out in the first half of his debut match (although, despite spending the rest of the game having a nice lie down, he got MotM!).

I now have 2 Blitzers with +MV which is great and Gary (+MV +AG) is turning into a bit of a monster, 2 TDs last game both following a blitz, dodge and 2 GFIs!

However I have a bit of a conundrum with my other 2 blitzers, 1 has no SPPs and a niggle, and the other has Tackle and -MV. Do you guys think either of these warrant firing? Bearing in Mind I've got 100k in the bank so I could only afford to replace 1 straight away? I guess I could keep them and buy 2 linemen instead to fill out the ranks a bit?

Any thoughts much appreciated!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Sack the 0SPP niggle blitzer now, no point in giving him any SPP, and drop the -MV one as soon as you've got the cash for a replacement.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Agreed 'hands.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jclooth
    Robert the second managed to get himself knocked out in the first half of his debut match (although, despite spending the rest of the game having a nice lie down, he got MotM!).
    You didn't see how gracefully he laid down?

Yeah, sack them both asap, ideally the niggle one first.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Me and JamesCoombs played last night, my norse versus his dwarves. Giving up 100k I grabbed a second apothecary and went in expecting a tough game. Dwarves are kryptonite for a number of AV7 teams, and norse aren't really fast enough to get away easily...

First half went fairly badly for me, a steady attrition of players leaving me with 3 on turn 8, 3 injuries, 5 KOs. Only one lineman death so far, but a lot of my good players went down early making the defence pretty scrappy. A few single/double skulls stopping any efforts at getting momentum going for me. An attempt to stall nearly backfired for James when my beserker dodged free and knocked down and retreived the ball, but a simple blitz saw it back into dwarf hands. 1-0 James. At least I had 2 receipts in a row, getting 2 chances at recovering my KOs. 1 got up on the first receipt, but 3 more got up for the second half, so at least I had 9 on the pitch!

I had to score quick. I stacked one side and the kick went short to that side. I caged the ball and smashed up one wing, with my str5 wolf leading the charge. Over a few turns I worked the ball up the side and the slow dwarves were struggling to reposition quickly enough. I was nearly there, my runner breaking free turn 12, by which point i was down to 7 players. I was free of all but one dwarf. I could have made a GFI and prevented him making a hit, but I'd used my reroll so didn't risk it. The dwarf was knocked down. He got up, dodged free (AG4 dwarf!), made 2 GFIs and then got the perfect POW to take down my blodge runner, KOing him for good measure. %^&*^, basically. With only 6 players left and my team heavily marked from the screening efforts it was a simple walk down the pitch for the last 4 turns. No permanent damage done, James grabbed a second touchdown on turn 16.

It could have been so different, but nuffle had it in for me today - skulls and broken armour were mostly what my team offered, with only one badly hurt fairly late in the game from my team. I was down to 3 at the end of the first half and one by the end of the second. No levels this time (due to very few SPPs!), but I might stay in the tier, depending on other results. A promotion would probably have been horribly damaging for my team at this point (only 2 seasons in I don't fancy 2000TV yet!), so I'm glad I've got at least another season in tier 3 or 4 before I start to face the big guns.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Awesome, I like facing Skaven teams. I don't have a good record against them, but they are always fun matches.
    I fully expect that game to an exercise in futility for me Screwie. With the death of my ball hunter I'm down to one tackle so am expecting to be overrun by gleeful blodgestepping elves.

On the zombie debate the best zombie I ever had was a wrodge/fend zombie. He completely nullified opposing big guys single handedly

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sorry for missing my last game guys, I've had a really hard to getting onto RPS. For some reason the Chinese government has started randomly blocking it for days on end.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    I fully expect that game to an exercise in futility for me Screwie. With the death of my ball hunter I'm down to one tackle so am expecting to be overrun by gleeful blodgestepping elves.
    Well I would never assume a ratty team is blocked out of a game, they can score so fast. How are your throwers?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post

On the zombie debate the best zombie I ever had was a wrodge/fend zombie. He completely nullified opposing big guys single handedly
    Screwie an I once played a vary, very silly 4 - 4 draw between my Humans and his Delfs. Is defense is like swiss cheese and you are playing rats!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Screwie an I once played a vary, very silly 4 - 4 draw between my Humans and his Delfs. Is defense is like swiss cheese and you are playing rats!
    The thing to remember about swiss cheese though is, you'll run into a pretty solid wall between those holes... or something. That was indeed a silly match, but that was nine seasons ago! I'd like to think I've learned some lessons in that time :P

(Especially since the last time we met, I beat you 3-nil...)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    The thing to remember about swiss cheese though is, you'll run into a pretty solid wall between those holes... or something. That was indeed a silly match, but that was nine seasons ago! I'd like to think I've learned some lessons in that time :P

He beat me 3-0 as well, and although one of those was because I was too busy trying to hurt elves and not taking care of the ball, the 0 part is fair. I never got anywhere near his endzone. Swiss cheese, schmiss cheese.

Lesser Hivemind Node

Only because we desynched halfway through our first attempt! Then you use your insidious mind control powers to make me Badly Hurt my star player for no reason. And then you used the knowledge of my tactics gained from the first attempt to play the game to form the perfect counter plan. An I was feeling sorry for you so let you run in some TDs and and and. . .