Page 173 of 375 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 7498
    Activated Node
    Right, I think I have squeezed all the fun out of Dwarves. They are dull as dull things. So! The many Urists will be retiring next season, and I will be changing over to something a bit more silly.

I was tempted by gobbos, but I think they might be a little *too* silly, so I'm going to go Ogres. I'm not entirely sure what I should be doing on the spreadsheet to indicate this. Does the Rx go in the "next season" column? Am I the first one to reboot? It looks like Heliocentric is rebooting also, but there is no Rs of any sort on his row. What do?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    HI Joose, put the R(x) into the next season column, under 'tier' and I'll slot you in to the appropriate tier. Helio, you should put an R in there as well. Those of you leaving (sob), put a Z in on your way out, there's a good fellow?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Yaaaay, ogres! Ogres are becoming my favourite. If you can keep them alive, snotlings are wonderful. Entire enemy team screening the touchline? Who cares! SNOTLING DODGE CHARGE.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I find ogres in the Divisions to be fairly hard work - they need to develop to be really useful and one game a fortnight isn't really conducive to that. I also think that a "serious" goblin team (where you control the TV and don't take the bomber) isn't quite as silly as all that.

How about underworld then? Very very violent, very squishy, a bit of TTM nonsense too if you like.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    I find ogres in the Divisions to be fairly hard work
    That's probably just because they're the worst team in the game.

One day I'll bring my 1800+TV ogre team in to a more competitive environment and find out how they get on (I was looking at the cas league Helio was proposing as an option). They're one of the most damaging teams you can play as, at least, and mine has one ag3 'runner' and a pro/block/tackle 'safety'. They'd still get destroyed by a good elf team most of the time, but bashy teams would be less of a problem. I'm still working on a way to make them work competitively. You need stat improvements, really, and diving tackle on a number of snots. A couple of ag4 snots wouldn't hurt, either, for those TTM TDs which you'll need to get some wins.

Yeah, playing as ogres, you don't expect to win, even in an easier league. But you can have a good laugh. With a few stat-ups and doubles on the right players, I think they could be semi-competitive. Needs a lot of luck, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Also never underestimate how utterly annoying snotlings can be for your opponent!

Get one with block and sure feet. Protect him well, because when he gets the ball, the entire team will come for him. And he will either be reduced to a thin smear, or dance to glorious victory.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Yeah, playing as ogres, you don't expect to win, even in an easier league. But you can have a good laugh.
    This is just it for me: When you lose, well, its ogres so what do you expect? When you win you feel like you have cheated God. Either way its amusing.

By contrast, when dwarves win its from a dull slow march upfield, when they lose its because they are too slow to march downfield meaning you can often see you are a couple of turns away from conceding a TD and there is nothing you can do about it, either way itszzzzzzzzzz*snore*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    One day I'll bring my 1800+TV ogre team in to a more competitive environment and find out how they get on (I was looking at the cas league Helio was proposing as an option).
    The Open?

Snoozer had some ogres in the Open last season and it didn't go well (I think that they were one of two wins my flings had all season).

There was a 1900TV OCC ogre team I played against with my high elves three seasons ago which had the best ogre lineup I have ever seen, and they were still terrible. They had a ST6 block ogre, two other block ogres, an AG3 sure hands ogre, a +1MV ogre and a frenzy piling on ogre.

I don't think that they are all that good at bash either. Once you have a couple of the big guys off the pitch then they are easy to beat up.

It's getting them off the pitch that's tricky when there's 6 of them and especially when they are backed up by 5 of the cheapest foulers in the game, a tiny bit of guard means even the strongest opposition will find getting a 2 dice block hard...

...but I wouldn't expect to make it to the champs or anything, actually winning games with ogres is hard/impossible without luck, drawing is a much more frequent outcome and a single mistake can lead to a loss. Getting more than 2 TDs in a game is basically a miracle. I played in the open with ogres before, but starting at 1000TV made life even harder as they have so few skills and I got destroyed there. I wouldn't want to commit to ~6 months with them, but my team with a few choice level-ups feels more competitive and I'm better at playing ogres these days. They are still statistically the worst team in the game. Coming better than last means you're doing well!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This season the Open is (I think) 18 games, which is about 6 months but still is still not a massive commitment. 9 game or 11 game seasons are pretty common in other leagues, so it's only like playing 2 seasons in one of those.

Bloody Laneford is winning again though. By miles.

I think Ogres are getting underestimated a bit here. I've seen Ogres win a BBATTL event (inter league events for retired teams) and that was high TV teams only. Then again the coach who did it is still the only coach to get flings to a UKBBL premiership....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    This season the Open is (I think) 18 games, which is about 6 months but still is still not a massive commitment. 9 game or 11 game seasons are pretty common in other leagues, so it's only like playing 2 seasons in one of those.

Bloody Laneford is winning again though. By miles.
    Not by miles, Bluey. More than by a neck, I'll give you that, but only by a couple of lengths with plenty of games to go.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Sure sure, you keep telling yourself that!

You decided to charge up the centre to try and wallop my AG5 runner with your killy piece. You flubbed the GFI, rerolled it and then skulled the 1D block. You chanced a GFI and didn't even set up an assist for the block... for what, a risky bit of bash?
    I still wake up in a cold sweat screaming "Whyyyyyyyyyy????????" as I flash back to that. Probably the single stupidest thing I have done in a game of Blood Bowl.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Fun fact: An Ogre team once won a FUMBBL major tournament. Admittedly it was a grandfathered LRB4 side who still had like 9 ogres, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    I'm pretty sure your safe.
    Two go down from each tier 1 group though. I think if AgP wins he goes up, you stick and me and WebCole go down. If WebCole wins you go up, I stick and he and AgP go down. If it's a draw then the maths daemons need to be summoned from the seventh circle of hell.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Two go down from each tier 1 group though.
    Ahh I did not know that

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Axler View Post
    Ahh I did not know that
    It's brutal in Divs 1,2 and the Champs. The slightest mistake and you can be doomed to relegation all too easily.