Page 177 of 375 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 7498
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    OK everybody! Season 29 has finished (ish)!

All but DogPants' match has been played, so the season is basically over whilst that game tries to get organised; any other outstanding were defaulted according to what i could see in the groups (as always). I'd like to run the live draw tomorrow night, 9pm, so I'll set up the invite on the RPS bloodbowl steamgroup. Get into steam chat at 9pm to join in tomorrow!

Additionally, I'm fairly happy with how the divisions are running at the moment, so I'm not going to be making any more changes for the sake of it. If it's taking us too long to get started in between seasons I'll seriously consider 6 man divisions, but I'm happy if we can keep it to 4/5 days for now.

@screwie, i'll check out your tweaks tomorrow. Sounds good though!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    By my reckoning as "MadDave123" is taking a ZZZzzz there is a Nurgle lot free again the race balance sheet doesn't reflect that but I changed to Nur anyway, its what I wanted before but I had to hop out when Jolima returned his rot mans.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm on hols for a couple of weeks, so will sit out this season. Back soon.

Activated Node
    Congrats to Wink who beat me 2-0 in our game today. His army of Saurus pretty much smashed my poor Nurgley face in. A fun match nevertheless.

I will be dropping out for a while though. Placed a couple of Z's in the columns by my name on the sheet (hope I done good there). It's been a pleasure, Nufflers.

Edit: Helio has already jumped in my grave. Honestly, if the man isn't fouling he's performing other despicable acts to keep himself happy. ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The grave was empty! The headstone was barely legible, how was I to know it wasn't my grave?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Oh phew, I wasn't promoted after all. Hopefully the draw will give me some scoring and killin' opportunities. My blitzers are starting to get antzy for lack of blood.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Alrighty, a week late but here is a report for my most exciting game against Boots! And it's another long one...

The David Icke Experience (Liz, Boots) vs Dread Pool (DElf, me)

Surprisingly for a bloaty team such as mine, recent injuries had taken my TV 200k below that of my opponent, and I happily bought up an Apoth and a pair of Babes for the game. I was down to 11 elves for this match, I would likely need them.

Boots elected to kick, and kick he did - really deep, so my runner Koris Black (an AG5 Wrodgler with NoS) and two friends stayed close to my end zone after they retrieved it... out of the range of even the skinks. The elves were focussed on a dash down Boots' weaker flank, but failed to break through and formed a pocket in front of the reptiles instead. The lizardmen closed around the elves to block their path, and surfed one of my Guard Bastards.

My witch elf Obsidian (the +MA Blockle Shadowing Side stepper) responded in kind by eliminating a Diving Tackle/Side Step skink with a KO, following up into the midst of the lizards. A Blockle saurus bltizes Obsidian but only succeeds in letting her Side Step further through their ranks, so Boots adds another skink moves in to tie her up.

Obsidian blitzes on her next turn, tackling the skink marking her and then dodging away, running into the end zone to receive a catch. Koris is too far away though, even after he advances with his pals up the right flank. The witch elf will have to hold on at least another turn. A pair of skinks mark her, including Mark Chapman (Boots' +MA, Block, Sure Feet wonderskink). However much of the heavier lizards are tied up.

Only the krox and Rupert Murdoch (his killer POMB saurus) can intercept the elf runner and his guard. Murdoch blitzes in, but only pushes his lineman target, but ends adjacent to Black nonetheless. The lineman blocks back, chancing a 1D, and shoves Murdoch away. Black and his other guard (my younger witch, Satin Spar) run further up the field, with the lineman marking both Murdoch and his krox pal. On the left, an elf blitzer dodges through the ruck and moves into scorign range himself.

Suddenly, there are no less than four elves in scoring distance - three of them unmarked!

The lizards try and free some saurus to interfere but the elves simply refuse to fall over. Boots has to free Murdoch for a blitz by blocking his lineman marker, but the krox boneheads. Not seeing any other option Murdoch goes for a blitz anyway, despite the AG1 dodge roll he has to pass to do so. He fails and – crucially - KOs himself in the process.

On Turn 5, Spar runs into the ends zone and scores with a handoff from Black - but not before Obsidian tackles Chapman, Badly Hurting Boots'' best shot at a fast touchdown right before he'll want to do exactly that. After some thought, Boots spends his Apoth to keep him in the match.

Neither of Boots' KOs wake up, leaving the scary Murdoch on the bench. Dread Pool set up to kick with a minimal LoS and most of their number fanned out deep in their own half. The saurus wipe the LoS clean as expected, and the other wonderskink John Wilkes Booth (a +MA, +AG, Side Step and Diving Tackle elfy nuisance) picks up the ball and brings it behind a cold-blooded screen in the centre.

The elves move closer and elf screen, with Obisidan, Baby Unicorn-Killer (her +MA Shadowing blitzer partner in crime) and another blitzer providing a distraction on the lizards' right flank by knocking down a saurus and clearing the way to attack from the rear. The Experience react by formnig a loose cage on the opposite flank, as their advancing saurus try and clear out the elves in front. The speedy elves on the lizards' right cross behind and attack the side of the cage, applying Shadowing marks, but the reptiles break through in front and JWB skips through diagonally, putting as much space as he can between himself and the elves. However he pushes himself a little too far and fails a GFI.

It's the Dark Elf Turn 8 and sadly no one is quite within reach of the line (in retrospect, I didn't need to use both my Shadowers to mark in the previous turn), so Obsidian KOs another skink for good measure.

Black retrieves the ball and passes it over the lizardman heads into the hands of Baby Unicorn-Killer, who runs it as far as he can in the opposite direction. The lizardmen respond by surfing another elf blitzer, causing a MNG – however as one of my Tacklers I needed him, and spent my first Apoth to bring him back for the second half.

Half-Time Score: 1-0 to the Pool

None of Boots' KOs wake up, again. The elves set up to kick and use a similar formation to before, only this time they fan out closer to the centre line. The lizardmen once again bash down their opponents on the LoS, this time outright-killing a rookie lineman. JWB retrieves the ball again, but this time hangs further back, with Chapman guarding him and the lizard LoS in front of them both.

A skink on the flank is KO'd and the path is clear for Obsidian and Baby UK to sweep around the lizard formation and apply Shadowing to both JWB and Chapman.

JWB makes a run for it and although Obsidian chases him most of the way, the AG4 skink succeeds in making 5 dodge rolls before he manages to un-Shadow himself. JWB reaches the edge of a cage formed of his larger lizard buddies. My elves pursue him and knock him down, the ball spilling into the lizard cage. Satin Spar moves downfield to receive while more elves try and remove some tackle zones from the loose ball, before Koris Black slips in and picks it up anyway. He completes a NoS pass downfield to the free Spar...

...but she is BH on the next turn by a blitzing Krox. Alas when Mark Chapman runs in to retrieve the ball he fumbles the pickup, and the elves are quick to catch up. BUK marks Chapman and Obisidan blitzes in, but she can't knock down the Blodging skink.

Boots tries to free up more saurus to move back and support, but his turn ends prematurely with dub-skulls. Obsidian tackles Chapman, Badly Hurting him and scattering the ball. BUK scoops it up and runs into the end zone to score on Turn 13.

Boots' killer saurus finally awakes, as do two of the KO'd skinks. The elves though are down to nine players, and set up deep to discourage a saurus blitz following the kick.

Boots has three turns remaining to score two touchdowns, but with JWB on the pitch and some chain pushes, he can still do it. His first turn is a masterful chain push, shoving JWB two squares closer to the elf end zone and within GFI range with no dodges to make. However the skink in charge of retrieving the ball flubs the pickup. Disaster!

The elves pounce. Baby UK dashes upfield to harass the lone skink near the ball, while elves pile onto the LoS to mark up and blitz JWB – knocking him down.

Murdoch falls back to protect the ball. It might look hopeless for the lizardmen now, but with more chain pushes they nudge the prone JWB even closer to the end zone – and even within scoring distance this turn, with one dodge and two GFIs!

Unfortunately the elf blitzer marking him is my singular elf with Diving Tackle, and he drags the poor skink to the dirt... and KOing him for good measure.

It's over for the David Icke Experience. Baby UK slips around Murdoch and blitzes the skink next to him, before – why not? - jumping in and grabbing the ball from under his feet, then – why not? - dodging away and – why not, indeed? - making two GFIs to bring himself two squares from the end zone.

Murdoch tries to knock him down but once again can only puch BUK about a bit. More skinks surround him. Obisidan charges in and removes one of them, clearing an easier path for Baby UK. Two dodges to make, the first into a single tackle zone, and he can run a circle around the defence and score.... aaaand he snake eyes the first dodge. Game over!

Full-Time Score: 2-0 to the Pool

Apologies to Boots if the report looks a little one-sided. The match certainly didn't feel that way. There were nervous jitters on both sides, but Boots played a very solid game. He was let down by some bad rolls at the worst times, whereas my riskier moves were more often rewarded. If Boots had equalised in the first half, or managed to get a solid cage up with his saurus (I really hate dealing with saurus) the result could have been quite different.

And that's that. It took them 15 DoD seasons, but Dread Pool have made it to the top. Certainly not the fastest ascent, nor even the fastest Dark Elf ascent :)

Hethis Riddle, the runner who was one of my originals and walked with a limp (-MA) for the vast majority of his career, had to settle for watching his team mates from the sidelines after suffering a career-ending (-AG) injury at the hands of the Rok 'Ard Nobz just one match before their historic win. Riddle will remain part of the Dread Pool as a new Assistant Coach from this day on, he definitely deserves it.

The DoD trophy heads back to Naggaroth! Woot!
    Last edited by Screwie; 22-07-2013 at 01:27 AM.

Nice report, Screwie. I think the result was pretty fair - although the dice were generally in your favour (esp at crucial times), I also made a couple of poor decisions, which I don't remember you doing. Also, good luck played a massive part in me even getting to be in with a shout at the title, so I can't really complain when it turns :-)

I think my main problem was setting out to win the game - if I'd been a bit more conservative I could have had a better shot at the needed draw. However, I saw an elf team with just 11 players (many without full blodge), saw all my MB platers and went out to smash some face. Which really didn't work - I think you caused more casualties than me!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Tier 1 next season is:
    ChaosMans
    ChaosEvilDwarfsesMans
    LegendaryOrcMans
    LizardMansWithManSkinksMans
    MoreChaosMans
    NorseMans

and my Humans.

I'm the agility team!

​Doooooooooooooooom

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I am going to drop my UW as while they are enjoyable I am not really good enough with them, too much relying on luck and ag4 gobbos, as such I will be continuing with my human filler team if that's ok? If so should I just delete my UW row?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    I think my main problem was setting out to win the game - if I'd been a bit more conservative I could have had a better shot at the needed draw. However, I saw an elf team with just 11 players (many without full blodge), saw all my MB platers and went out to smash some face. Which really didn't work - I think you caused more casualties than me!
    Yeah I was definitely expecting more crunched elves, although you did slay one of them. Of course it didn't help that your real killer saurus was KOed for most of the match. That also left you with only one Tackler, and he didn't have MB.

Although you have to weigh up the risk vs reward - my most vulnerable AV7 players are all protected by Wrodge or Blodge, so you have to chose between likely to knock down and likely to injure. For me there is no choice - skinks are the most favourable targets by a wide margin (fragile stunties and I have a fair amount of Tackle, and they're your ball handlers to boot) so I always go for them.

I look forward to our rematch, I wonder how different it will be to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Tier 1 next season is:
    ChaosMans
    ChaosEvilDwarfsesMans
    LegendaryOrcMans
    MoreChaosMans
    NorseMans

and my Humans.

I'm the agility team!

​Doooooooooooooooom
    The Champs is crazy next season:
    Dark Elf
    Wood Elf
    Lizardmen
    Skaven

Could be a scorefest!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    The Champs is crazy next season:
    Dark Elf
    Wood Elf
    Lizardmen
    Skaven

Could be a scorefest!
    Once again proving that bash teams are OP in long running leagues and CPOMB needs to be nerffed.

No wait. . .

@ Lowkey - I z'd out your filler team so make sure you set its tier to the team you're removing to keep things sensible.

@Screwie - Congrats on the champs win! Finally overturned those Orcs! (Sorry Grinn!)

@Al - something I keep a close eye on is the makeup on the champs particularly, if we had many seasons of all chaos/dwarves up there, I'd look to do something, but we've never had a long run of bash or agility, proving we've doing something right :-)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    @ Lowkey - I z'd out your filler team so make sure you set its tier to the team you're removing to keep things sensible.

@Screwie - Congrats on the champs win! Finally overturned those Orcs! (Sorry Grinn!)

@Al - something I keep a close eye on is the makeup on the champs particularly, if we had many seasons of all chaos/dwarves up there, I'd look to do something, but we've never had a long run of bash or agility, proving we've doing something right :-)
    Yup, I really think the Divisions of Death show that the Tier 1 teams are pretty well balanced. All the Champs division really needs is a human team coached by a smart, sophisticated Scotsman to really round it off.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Tier 1 next season is:
    ChaosMans
    ChaosEvilDwarfsesMans
    LegendaryOrcMans
    MoreChaosMans
    NorseMans

and my Humans.

I'm the agility team!

​Doooooooooooooooom
    Legendary Chaos Mans if you don't mind, Hutton. 50-something games played, two times not-remotely-winners of the Champs, had more stat freak players killed than most teams ever get, legends.

Tier 1 next season is:
    ChaosMans
    ChaosEvilDwarfsesMans
    LegendaryOrcMans
    MoreChaosMans
    NorseMans

and my Humans.

I'm the agility team!

​Doooooooooooooooom
    And Jolima's returning NurgleMans...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Shar_ds View Post
    And Jolima's returning NurgleMans...
    Of course, foul NurgleMans! How could I forget the foul NurgleMans?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellsraiser View Post
    Just a quick update for me vs sming in week 3 I know that he has had technical issues but his last day online for steam was 3 days ago and 14 15 and 15 july for 3.8 hours and no replies on forums which for me seems a bit negligent if he was on and could play for a little would be nice to drop a note in and say whats going on.
    Smingleigh still seems to be AWOL, not sure if this is still storm-related or not, but either way we should probably not include him for next season unless he posts something soon, I think.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Legendary Chaos Mans if you don't mind, Hutton. 50-something games played, two times not-remotely-winners of the Champs, had more stat freak players killed than most teams ever get, legends.
    Just old ChaosMans.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Smingleigh still seems to be AWOL, not sure if this is still storm-related or not, but either way we should probably not include him for next season unless he posts something soon, I think.
    I've z'd out Smingleigh for now.

@Smingleigh! If you see this and want back in this season, simply remove the zs next to your name and you're in! I don't want you to miss out because of technical troubles, if they are resolved, just let us know :-).