Page 18 of 371 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast
    Hey Corkir, just trying every channel here :p

What time is the grand final for the Championship tonight?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I am pretty sure she was under the impression you'd agreed on 20:00 tonight boss. Either way I don't think she is going to be home much before that nor could she start much after that so I feel it is a pretty safe bet :)

That said the server isn't back up yet and given it is getting a bit late in the working day in Paris I rather suspect it won't be today.

Thanks for the update. No we hadn't agreed on a time yet. She just said she could make Monday. Let's see what's happening with the servers - I might need to make it 9 rather than 8 as I m still at the office and need to eat and such.

As the servers now appear to be back, could Jarvis and I have our (Div A) game admin'd please?

Activated Node
    I *think* ive updated the sheet correctly. Are all the other Rx's rebooting people?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    As the servers now appear to be back, could Jarvis and I have our (Div A) game admin'd please?
    Done.

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by MrJoose View Post
    I *think* ive updated the sheet correctly. Are all the other Rx's rebooting people?
    yes

10chars
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Karandraz and I are still trying to arrange our final match in Division D. Ok if we get an extension to allow this?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Hello! I'd like to make a triumphant return, or possibly just a return to Blood Bowl, this time with my Amazon face bashers, your mother's nightmares. I think I've updated the spreadsheet properly, but if not please let me know. They are practically new, but with about 15 or so SPP distributed amongst the team, all level 1.

If they're no good, I have a backup team of dwarves at about 1550.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Hello! I'd like to make a triumphant return, or possibly just a return to Blood Bowl, this time with my Amazon face bashers, your mother's nightmares. I think I've updated the spreadsheet properly, but if not please let me know. They are practically new, but with about 15 or so SPP distributed amongst the team, all level 1.

If they're no good, I have a backup team of dwarves at about 1550.
    It's got to be a completely fresh team for the DoD I'm afraid, unless it's a returning team that hasn't played any matches in the meantime.

Div A: Anupshi Rises (KHE, Dog Pants) 0 - 2 Read in Tooth and Claw (NEC, NieA7)

The final game of Div A begins with Read in Tooth and Claw kicking a long ball right to the Anupshi Rises touchline, and following it with a Blitz. Before the offence can move a Tomb Guardian is knocked out, and the Khemri are still scrabbling for the ball when a speeding Werewolf arrives. The Wolf is taken out for his efforts and Anupshi finally pick up the ball to move forward up the right field. The early Necromantic drive has left them well forward, and the ball carrying Thro-Ra is immediately pressured by a Werewolf and a Wight. A skeleton tries to defend him, is pushed aside and the Thro-Ra sacked so hard that he is carted off the pitch. With most of the offence still in their starting positions the Werewolf snatches the ball and charges in for an early touchdown.
    Another kickoff, another Thro-Ra fumble on pickup. This time the line holds though, and the ball is carried up the centre of the pitch where Tomb Guardians are pushing the defenders back. As the defensive line solidifies around halfway to the touch line the Thro-Ra with the ball makes an impetuous dodge through a gap in the weaker left and dashes for the line with little time to spare. His teammates are unable to match the most un-Khemri-like feat though, and a Ghoul/Werewolf combo stop him short just before the half ends.

After the break Anupshi rises kick, dropping the ball short and right where a Ghoul positions himself to catch it. The rest of Read in Tooth and Claw push hard down their right side and as a salient appears the ball carrier makes a dash for the cage it forms. He trips as he arrives, and the concentration of players causes the area to immediately erupt into a brawl over the loose ball. Unsurprisingly the Khemri flatten every Necromantic in the immediate area. A Thro-Ra takes the ball and flees the melee, heading for the RTC touchline and leaving both teams in his own half. A single Ghoul attempts an intercept, but the point is scored.
    Time is running short and both teams want to break the tie. Another short kick lands just behind the Necromantic line, but in a similar start to the last play they recover it quickly and push hard down their right. The Ghoul on the ball is rushed by a forward Tomb Guardian, but he easily slips away to launch a perfect mid-range pass to his companion, who runs in a very fast touchdown.
    With a little time left the teams while away the last minute or two with some traditional fighting.

Coach Dog Pants enters the stuffy tomb of the Pharaowners once more. Despite a satisfactory performance, the claustrophobic heat and rancid air make him nervous, and he wishes the dead appreciated air conditioning as much as he did. Upon entering the board tomb he mops the sweat from his brow, and only when his hand and arm come away green does he realise his mistake. The Pharaowners have so far not noticed that he switched places with that Goblin to avoid a grizzly fate, but his green face paint and fake nose can't fool them any longer. Coach Dog Pants starts to edge towards the exit as one of the desiccated kings holds up a claw like hand. A crackly, dusty voice issues forth the words "send more goblins", and the Coach is dismissed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    It's got to be a completely fresh team for the DoD I'm afraid, unless it's a returning team that hasn't played any matches in the meantime.
    The Amazons have only played a couple of games in the RPS Cup that happened about two years ago, nothing since. The dwarves were in the DoD at about the same time, but I find their playstyle a bit dull.

Hm. Will have a think about it. I may have some humans I can draft instead.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Just like to say dog pants that i love you coach fluff bits, keep em up!

Network Hub
    Alas, it seems I won't have any internet for the next few weeks, which will stop me creating my new team, let alone playing any games. I'll be back next season.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    The Amazons have only played a couple of games in the RPS Cup that happened about two years ago, nothing since. The dwarves were in the DoD at about the same time, but I find their playstyle a bit dull.
    The spreadsheet does say:

In general, all new players and restarting players should be joining with fresh, 1000 TV (maximum) teams. IF you are joining an established division with 3 other levelled teams (ie all greater than 1000TV), you can join with a levelled team UP TO the LOWEST TV of the other teams in your division.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Groovy will probably weigh in on this, I'd wait for his answer. In cases such as a former RPS cup team, where there are very few matches under their belt, there may (or may not) be some flexibility in the rules. I couldn't say.

It was a fun game against DogPants' Khemri, with a fair few injuries on both sides that were all regenned (I don't think Ive ever seen that before). I was pleased to get a defensive TD early, plus I resisted the temptation to stall, but my second half drive was half hearted at best and I was suitably punished for it. I'm pretty sure I've got a better success rate with "Oh sweet Nuffle there's only two turns left PANIC" drives than "I have a cunning plan and plenty of time to execute it" drives, there's probably a lesson there somewhere.

Claw picked up a nice spread of SPPs, including leveling up the newer Ghoul, but the AV7 Wight proved what a liability he's going to be in the future so I think I'll have to fire him and start over again.

If the amazons are all level 1 why not just restart the team?
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Div J: The Undead Generation (Kanesuke) 0 - 0 Gentlebeasts (mrpier)
    Thus does Division J end, not with a bang but a whimper. Every time each of us looked to be making progress downfield, Nuffle screws us over. I came closest, failing a GFI for a TD, but mrpier's beasts came close more often. Sadly, I will not be returning next season as work commitments have gotten more demanding, but I'd like to thank everyone who's played against me in my two season. Hopefully I'll be back soon,

Kanesuke

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Devastating match, I was two chaos warriors (BH) and the mino (-1MV) down after the first half, second half was me just trying desperate dodges (and mostly succeding thankfully). Kanesuke also injured a beastman with -1AG, I'm probably better off rerolling this team for next season than continuing.

President Weasel: I'm gonna pm you my details for safekeeping and application goodness, since I'll be away on vacation until the 28th Jan.