Page 180 of 365 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 7296
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yes, that would be me sitting there with the goblins. I'm looking forward to the games. They will be a bloodbath, one way or another :-).

I was somewhat surprised when I saw the 2 goblin teams in the same division, but then I thought, that'll be a great match - its rare we see 2 developed goblin teams facing off in the divisions!

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Div E looks exciting this season... two gobbo teams and some nice, thin Norse armour to crunch into with those chainsawed and wrecking balls.
    Been there, felt that...

Nice, I get to rematch alleycat ;)
    App is in.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Planetside 2 (TR): IronShroud
    Life is Fedual server: Life is Pain [Dedicated]

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I feel I must insist someone hire Dribblesnot for the goblin mirror match, and have 3 bombardiers on the pitch at once.
    If someone puts some of their own cash into inducements, we could have Dribblesnot twice! Or does the game not allow that?
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Ack, Nurglemans! I'll send the Dwarfs to get measured up. I'll need coffins.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    If someone puts some of their own cash into inducements, we could have Dribblesnot twice! Or does the game not allow that?
    By the CRP it shouldn't work (in fact the star player takes all the money and does a runner!), but I've never tried to see if Cyanide implemented that rule.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I think it *should* - doesn't the rulebook say something about one of them being an imposter, but you don't know which? However, this is cyanide we're taking about.

/Edit - No, you're right screwie, apparently he runs off with the cash if you both hire him :-)

App. done, teams scouted, morale still low after the demotion...

Activated Node
    Hey there, can someone validate the game I played against Dogpants last evening? Since I don't know matches can be validated if one leaves the league to join the new one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Hutton and Jolima for the umpteenth time and Wink for at least the third. Wasn't someone Huttonish saying something about he old system promoting vendettas and frequent rematches? I'm playing Jolima first, which is annoying as I'd have preferred it if we both got the chance to wreck up the other teams before meeting each other last for a murder festival.

Oh my word. That's a turnout for the books. I'm not sure how sympathetic the fat goblin chief will be when I lose to another goblin team. At least I get to see how they should be played (assuming my 'craziest play available' tactic isn't it). Groovy, what is classed as a developed goblin team? One who has enough survivors for a couple of players to get a level up?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Ooh, a nice mix of teams in Div B. My Amas are up against some Skavenses next. And to think I was worried that my Blitzers would have nobody to squish.

A developed goblin team is, I'd imagine, one with a good pogoer, and a couple of semi-disposable goblins with catching/running skills and slightly less disposable ones with agility for pickups and landings.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Applied for A.

Nurgle, Dwarf, Norse and *spit* Chaos Dwarves does not a subtle league make.

Activated Node
    Holy shit! I appear to have gone up 6 divisions, is this right? dont mean to backseat manage (especially given how new I am!) but I'm now 2 divisions above vexing vision who beat me on points last season...

Hi Jclooth, you're at the same level as VV actually. The DoD works on tiers, the divisions are "sub-divisions" of that tier.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Shar_ds View Post
    Hi Jclooth, you're at the same level as VV actually. The DoD works on tiers, the divisions are "sub-divisions" of that tier.
    ok cool, thanks for the clarification, I've never really understood what the tiers are, but that makes a lot of sense! I will now shut up and get on with applying to E!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Applied for A.

Nurgle, Dwarf, Norse and *spit* Chaos Dwarves does not a subtle league make.
    I almost feel sorry for the Nurgle team there (almost).

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    Oh my word. That's a turnout for the books. I'm not sure how sympathetic the fat goblin chief will be when I lose to another goblin team. At least I get to see how they should be played (assuming my 'craziest play available' tactic isn't it). Groovy, what is classed as a developed goblin team? One who has enough survivors for a couple of players to get a level up?
    I've not looked at your team, but I guess you'd call mine fairly developed... at long last I few a few stat ups and doubles. Although I've probably just jinxed myself by saying that. And yes, the craziest idea is usually the one to go for... occasionally it might even work.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

This is about as streamlined as a goblin team gets:

Managed to get most the goblin "grail" skills with the minimum of superfluous skill - HMP bomber, block fanatic, pro troll, one turner (+MA/catch). The only luxury skill I would still quite like is +AG on the one turner.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    And applied. Div G looks like a whole lot of sensible fun with Lizards and Deadders and some Elfmeat for my dwarves.

@Jcloth: I got a better deal out of that promotion due to the league winnings. (Which were promptly invested in all things that make a dwarf team playable, like cheerleaders.)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.