Page 187 of 367 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 7328
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    In the groups, man, in the groups. Just like everybody else does it.
    I've been doing this for three seasons! Oh well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    A daft thing repeated often enough becomes tradition and is sacred.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    I've been doing this for three seasons! Oh well.
    It's been the wrong place for all that time! And it's been mildly annoying me for all that time too, until I finally said something.
    The groups are where the arranging matches stuff goes, so it doesn't clog up the main thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    A daft thing repeated often enough becomes tradition and is sacred.
    So we're arranging matches in here from now on? Sounds like an approval to me ;)

Seriously though - is that a quote? Or did you just make it up?
    Last edited by mcphatty; 30-07-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphatty View Post
    Seriously though - is that a quote? Or did you just make it up?
    I know I'm not the first to say it but I don't know where it's for from. I guess I'm paraphrasing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    From the book of Helio

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Just had a disastrous game against JCloth's orcs, following hot on the heels of a disastrous gobbo game against orcs in the Open. This was worse though - my first roll of the game was snakes, and it went downhill from there. One of my best (+mv) and few remaining original players got eaten by a troll, plus I got Cyanided at one point. Offensive. The only amusing diversion was JCloth setting up to delay for the entire second half, only to realise that he'd sent his +mv, +ag blitzer into foul central. He only took a BH in the end though.

Anyway, I think I'm pretty much done with goblins, at least for a while. I can't take it any more. I'll switch to orcs or chaos and get nuffled with them instead.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Div E: Thunderbox Scramblers (Gob, Dog Pants) 1 - 3 Kings of the Northmen (Nor, Groovychainsaw)

The Kings of the Northmen opt receive for the first kick, taking a touchback and piling down the left flank. They make fast progress as they smash the flimsy goblin defence out of the way. The Thunderbox Scramblers manage to regroup enough to gang up on one corner of the cage and make contact with the call carrying Werewolf, but the lycanthrope simply uses the goblin as a focus for his frenzy and crashes onwards. By the time the touchline is within striking distance there is only a single goblin left standing behind the ball, and the wolf walks the first point in.
    The trolls edge sideways on the Scramblers' line of scrimmage, making it clear that they are going to try to throw in a teammate in an attempt at a quick equaliser before the end of the half. The Norse kick the ball wide, handing back to the gobbo projectile, and the troll launches him wide. For a brief moment it looks like he might land in the crowd, but the greenskin finds his feet right on the line. Against the odds he slips by the Werewolf guarding the flank and flails over the line, making the score even.

The second half starts with the Goblins trying for a repeat airborne touchdown, but this time the play ends with the ball carrier flat on his face in the middle of the opposing half. The ball is quickly recovered by the Kings who then proceed to set about the diminished goblin side. The ball carrier hurries down the undefended right flank with no resistance as his teammates thrash the surviving Scramblers, and he trots a second touchdown over the line.
    Predictable as it is, the remaining six players receiving the ball from the goblins make another attempt at a lobbed gob touchdown. Despite a long kick by the Kings, the ball is just barely shuttled to the projectile-to-be, and the troll hefts him half heartedly over the defence. Well short and inexpertly thrown, the goblin crashes again. A Norse Berserker quickly takes up the ball and sprints up the right field. A lone goblin makes an attempt to catch him but sprawls in his wake just before contact. The Norse cage smashes onwards while the few remaining Scramblers scuttle around them trying to hold the offensive back, but the ball is sauntered in for another touchdown to the sound of crunching gobbos.
    With little time on the clock the Scramblers make one final touchdown attempt, but the ball is too wide and the pogoer fails to pick it up. The Kings occupy the rest of the game by kicking a few greenskins about. In a last piece of showboating the Norse run forward for a pass from the ground by the pogoer, but the Scramblers get the last laugh as he intercepts it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Skinks happened to dwarfs in Div G but forgot to bring dice without skulls. Two dead skinks and two touchdowns for the Grimstone Greybeards who had to apothecary a blocker dwarf by breaking his arm, dwarf-style. Just like in the mines. Cheers for the midnight match, Darkmalice!
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

*Sniff* Those skinks were the glue that held this team together.
    I think the krox was feeling the grief lashing out like he did on that blocker.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Planetside 2 (TR): IronShroud
    Life is Fedual server: Life is Pain [Dedicated]

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmalice View Post
    *Sniff* Those skinks were the glue that held this team together.
    And now they have been turned into glue. *sniffs it*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Pants View Post
    Div E: Thunderbox Scramblers (Gob, Dog Pants) 1 - 3 Kings of the Northmen (Nor, Groovychainsaw)
    ...report....
    Thanks for the write-up DP. After my 4-0 victory over your goblins 2 seasons ago I thought this would be rough on you with more strength and mighty blow in my team now but nuffle was a little bit more even-handed. You still had awful dodge rolls after your heroic touchdown though. Fun game, many opportunities for goblin throws and heroics, some nice SPP for my team too.

Jclooth next, then cyber's poor gobbos last. Maybe I can finish your team off for you cyber ;-)

One conundrum however, need some help - My second beserker got a double on his second level. He already had mighty blow, so that's mighty blow, frenzy, jump up and block. I'd like to use the double but not sure where to go with the build (normal access is S or G). Piling on would have been my likely move to match my other zerker and remain super-bashy. As it is, I see 3 Ag options:

Dodge (for survivability and 'surprise attacks')
    Sidestep (for being annoying - I can get stand firm on a later roll though, but I will spend time on the sideline with frenzy)
    Diving tackle (bit of an odd one, but it works well with jump up and currently I'm a bit lacking in anti-elf stuff - could combine with tackle later and marking up runners with a diving tackle beserker is quite nasty i reckon)

Thoughts?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    DT is an interesting choice, a double-pincer attack just in case you fail to knock that elf over.

Yeah, with frenzy, mighty blow, block and (eventually) piling on, he'll be quite a threat with DT. Hold them there if the initial blitz goes wrong. 'Course, dodge would probably keep him alive longer...

Norse really need to win the numbers game, and the runners can get diving tackle on a normal roll - I'd be tempted to stick with the killy plan. If sidestep's better than stand firm I don't think it's so much better it deserves a double, so I'd probably go for dodge (then carry on building as a normal killer) or skip it for piling on.

After having my Nagg Norse pummeled by a Halfling team that rolled nothing but Defender Stumbles all game... I'm going to say Dodge, Dodge and more Dodge...

Not discounting the usefulness of Dodge, but how often would you give DT to a runner? DT/Tackle/Jump Up is a great combo for someone you will inevitably stand next to opposing players, and will help in thinning out the opposition numbers. Is a runner going to make that kind of skill commitment, or try and stand so close?

I've not played much norse, admittedly.

Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    Norse really need to win the numbers game, and the runners can get diving tackle on a normal roll - I'd be tempted to stick with the killy plan. If sidestep's better than stand firm I don't think it's so much better it deserves a double, so I'd probably go for dodge (then carry on building as a normal killer) or skip it for piling on.
    The benefit of using the beserker with DT is jump up, even if the diving tackle fails and you are on the floor, you can at least move to mark up the runner again on the following turn (if its not too late!). You effectively sometimes get an extra square (as you will dive into the vacated square). Runners don't get that ability (without me acquiring it, i suppose). Both my runners are blodgers already, so maybe a third wouldn't be such a bad idea....

/Intersting aside, the 'runners' actually make better linemen with dauntless, used them quite effectively against the trolls last night, blodge makes them harder for big guys to take down too. The zerkers are a better choice for chasing people down which is why I'm seriously looking at diving tackle. Only the MA difference gives the runners the edge.
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 31-07-2013 at 11:40 AM.

"MA difference"?? *ears prick upward* Give your runners Shadowing instead! :D

They're only MA7, so I don't think its worth it - it only has a low chance to trigger against most of the players you'd like to hang on to.