Page 189 of 372 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 7433
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    According to the alphabetical order and the formulae, Web Cole is in the same position as he was before he was removed. You can confirm this by checking the alphabetical order of the players in other divisions on the same week.

I've not been paying much attention, but did someone replace Web Cole briefly? All I can guess is the problem was caused because the in-game matches were set up in the interim when Web Cole wasn't there.

EDIT: Moved things on the sheet to match up to the order described by NieA7.
    Last edited by Screwie; 02-08-2013 at 12:27 AM.

As the person who set the fixtures up in game I can confirm that at the time that I did it Web Coles name was a blank. As I couldnt see where the name was being pulled in from I didnt amend it but just set the fixtures up with Web Cole where the blank was. I presume the readdition of Web Coles name to the sheet caused the fixtures to rearrange?

Could one of you kindly gents validate my last match with Vexing Vision in Div G please? Ta.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Planetside 2 (TR): IronShroud
    Life is Fedual server: Life is Pain [Dedicated]

Activated Node
    Can I also get a validation in my Div F game against Irrelevant Illness, please? I want to see me non-existent level ups!

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    As the person who set the fixtures up in game I can confirm that at the time that I did it Web Coles name was a blank. As I couldnt see where the name was being pulled in from I didnt amend it but just set the fixtures up with Web Cole where the blank was. I presume the readdition of Web Coles name to the sheet caused the fixtures to rearrange?
    Aye, the fixtures tab uses alphabetical order to sort the group's entrants 1-4. In almost any other group, Web Cole coming in as the last entrant would have worked out perfectly... but it would have to happen in Zoraster's group, causing the reshuffle :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 02-08-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Terrible, terrible game against axler in Div. 1 yesterday. My gentle chaos against what can only be described as nuffles favourite bastard chaos dwarves. Long story short, nuffle had rigged the injury dice in axlers favour, and at halftime I was 5 chaos-men down (4 inj, 1 KO), including my only MB/Claw warrior (dead, apothed to -1 MV), the second half saw two more injuries (both MNG I think). Halfway into the second half I just decided to end turn the rest of the match, as all my chaos-men were on the astrogranite. 3-0 to axler in a match were I never felt I had a chance beyond the first three turns.

Sounds nasty mpier :(

I do hate those rare unlucky games where a bashy team just decides the outcome of the match in the first couple of turns.

My entertainment last night was having my entire LOS of my Nagg Norse KO'd or BH'd on the 1st turn and then downhill from there. I have epic sympathy for mrpier's beasts! I've started to seriously question the wisdom of kicking first with my Norse...

Kicking first let's you be sure you'll start your defensive drive with 11 players on the field, giving you the best chance to steal the ball away. If you're feeling bashy it also gives you the opportunity to play "hunt the star" without having to worry about protecting a carrier, plus should the other team score it guarantees you two opportunities to beat up their scrimmage by turn 9. It's not always worthwhile but I reckon I choose to kick more often than receive with my Necro.

I agree, it's been my general strategy with my Norse, but in my last few games, I've been having to play a scramble defence from the off as I've been men down from the initial hits.

I'm not saying that I don't enjoy playing that way (nothing quite so satisfying as sacking their carrier with an AG2 dodge away from a Nurgle beast), but it's worrying for the future!

Activated Node
    could a friendly admin validate my div E match please, I've got a Blitzer with a damaged back to give some bad news...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jclooth View Post
    could a friendly admin validate my div E match please, I've got a Blitzer with a damaged back to give some bad news...
    Match validated.

Zoraster and I just played in Div D, but unfortunately a badly hurt roll on the coach forced Zoraster to concede at half time after suffering a defensive touchdown (caused at least in part by a misclick). Could an admin validate the match, both MVPs landed on exactly the players I'd have chosen if I could...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Balls, lost again to Wink. 0-1 in div 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    a badly hurt roll on the coach forced Zoraster to concede at half time
    I expect my cheque in the post.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

A little bit of fluff before my match with Screwie later. I just played my 999th game on Cyanide this morning so my 1000th game will be my first match in the Championship with my first league team (my 2nd oldest team overall - I had some MM high elves who have been retired)

Pretty cool huh?

At least until Screwie ruins the party but he wouldnt be that mean would he?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I expect my cheque in the post.
    I guessed it might be collateral benefit from your inducements for the stunty semi-final tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    At least until Screwie ruins the party but he wouldnt be that mean would he?
    That's a lot of BB, grats 20. When's the game, might spectate if I'm about.

In 15 mins - i'll probably go onto mumble too

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    I guessed it might be collateral benefit from your inducements for the stunty semi-final tomorrow.
    What can I say, I'm mercurial.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sorry again Nie. X-rays this morning revealed why my attempts to protect my back were leaving me in so much pain; turns out I’d fractured my pelvis too.

I’m on bed rest for the remainder of this season. My laptop tends to overheat playing BB. As I’ve already conceded one game it’ll probably be the least disruptive option if I concede all my games this season and just try to fulfil my Open fixtures.