Page 193 of 345 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,860 of 6895
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    I'm dubious about this whole PWeasel beating Jolima story given that the spreadsheet hasn't been updated.
    Oh no! I have become the very thing I hate!

Speaking of things I hate, the 'week' ends tomorrow and there are three games outstanding. I believe there was a request for a two-day extension to Friday - what about the other two games? Are those going to get done on time?

Anyone really need to get their game in on Thursday - perhaps you're going away soon or have work coming up?
    Last edited by President Weasel; 06-08-2013 at 12:27 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Speaking of things I hate, the 'week' ends tomorrow and there are three games outstanding. I believe there was a request for a two-day extension to Friday - what about the other two games? Are those going to get done on time?
    Walrus forgot about our game on Sunday (allegedly; I suspect he was just afraid of my chadwarfs) and has yet to confirm a time for tomorrow, so... we'll see!

I'm playing with Havocc in a few minutes so unless something goes wrong on Cyanide side the score will be there soon.

Not bad folks, not bad. I can see giving a couple of extensions til Friday unless the others in those specific divisions particularly need to play their day 2 game on Thursday or Friday. Or I could just give Walrus a loss for forgetting his game wait don't tell CH that he'll stop trying to play his match

Div I ended, ready to be adminned. I think I have halflings for breakfast next round!! GIMME!

Rok 'Ard Nobz 4 - Gentle Beasts 0

The Nobz get the morale booster they desperately needed, maimed a bunch of goatmans and set the crowd roaring with their rokka skillz.

Thanks to MrPier for the early game.

Sweet nuffle - how do Orcs score 4 TDs?

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Grin's orcs do what they like. The Nobz ain't like normal boyz.

alternative answer: over the bleeding battered bodies of their enemies.

The Nobz have never put more than two past Claw. I have achieved this by having the wolves run in circles all over the field to the tune of the Yakkity Sax as a hoard of blitzers try to murder them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Just as bad as my last game against Axler, my chaos drop like flies and I end up pressing the end turn button when all hope is lost. That's 13 (6+7) injuries in two consecutive games. I thought chaos was meant to be mean. This is a little easier to bear though as with 730K in inducements I really wasn't expecting to get a result from this game.

Perhaps nuffle is punishing me for dropping the mino from the team?
    Last edited by mrpier; 06-08-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Chaos hit hard and are hard to gang up on, but if you manage it, they're not much more durable than humans. Less so really, since they tend to have fewer defensive skills like dodge or fend.

The hard part with chaos (and nurglers) is landing good shots on them in the first place with all that strength access.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    The hard part with chaos (and nurglers) is landing good shots on them in the first place with all that strength access.
    With Nurgle is easier to find that first squishy bit(rotters rarely reach the lofty heights other players might) but harder to peel away the subsequent layers(up to 9 players with regen).
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    With Nurgle is easier to find that first squishy bit(rotters rarely reach the lofty heights other players might) but harder to peel away the subsequent layers(up to 9 players with regen).
    Tell that to Jolima, who lost two deaders in turn 1 and had a variety of other injuries (including one dead from a failed dodge) and didn't see a successful regen until another deader got better in about turn 14. To be fair, I only killed the block/MB AV9 regen guy on purpose, the other dead guy in turn one was a 'squishy bit' who got bonus killed.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    All shall be revealed:

Step 1: Lull goatmans into false sense of security by letting them run up a flank.
    Step 2: Move all orcsies but one from other flank into position for Da Gank.
    Step 3: Send the one up-field to receive Gork's Pass.
    Step 4: Effect Da Gank: Lock down the attacking flank with stronger Nobz and secure the centre with troll and friends.
    Step 5: Wait for goatmans to make inevitable rash move.
    Step 6: Have Ingvi Gobsteel strum a 15 minute riff while fans coo in pleasure.
    Step 7: Capitalize on rash move. Score first TD.
    Step 8: On the kick, send slippery blitzers up to attack, not defend.
    Step 9: Score again.
    Step 10: Let the fist of Mork slam into the puny goats.
    Step 11: Repeat step 10.
    Step 12: In every remaining drive: Attacckkkkkk!

All bollocks aside, MrPier had a tough tough match. Several injured players meant that he came up against my Rok Ard boyz with a lot of unskilled goatmanlings. I locked him down as much as I could and actually the av held up quite well considering the number of MB blocks I was throwing per turn on block and dodgeless nakedgoats. I was down a man for half the first half.

And then I took a couple of risks setting up for an attack after TD scores. I just felt like the Nobz needed a morale boost and went for the scoreline. Which could have easily bitten me in the arse.

Speaking from experience, it's a right bugger fielding a team full of unskilled chaosmans against a team of levelled players. When most of your team at least have block and you have a couple of real brutes and fancy dans you'll probably be all right with a couple/three players with no skills; they can fill gaps and make assists and add tackle zones, and maybe put a sly boot in on a player who costs twice what they do, and they keep the TV down a bit too which is nice. I wouldn't say high TV with chaos was bloat, exactly - there's a decent ratio of effectiveness to TV value, but that doesn't stop a developed chaos team being hells of TV-y.
    There's a critical mass of unskilled beastmans though, after which it's just no fun at all facing a wall of block and guard. Put 4 or 5 no-block-or-guard-havers in and suddenly you're on the wrong end of a lot of two dice blocks; AV8 isn't all that good without that hard outer shell of having block, and as soon as you start getting outnumbered as well it's all over bar the heart-in-your-mouth hoping it's a good injury moments.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphatty View Post
    Nice one Shar_ds - hopefully he does me good next week as well!
    I forgot to mention, I rather got away with one in this game... an over-eager double click to move an Ulf to make up a safe cage corner meant that Cyanide put his route straight through a tackle zone... AG2 dodge FAILED... reroll.... SUCCESS!!! And we went back to bashing rats...

After this game, I immediately fired my other Ulf (-AG 0SPP) as I know that I'm going to need that 5+ dodge fortune again...

4+ if it's a dodge into space thanks to the innate +1 on dodging (same for catches/pick-ups). Ag2 dodging shouldn't really be encouraged, but if needed it's not that bad - 75% chance of success if you've got a TRR/dodge. I'll usually try to dodge my flesh golems away if they're base to base with a CPoMB they can't punch back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Yeah my nurgle have often hit that unskilled / skilled chasm a number of times. Sometimes when you hit critical mass, you just have to focus on trying to get a few TDs on a pestigor or warrior, almost above the result. I guess the difference was when i was in that position we never had to face the former division champions.

Chaos need a ClawPOMB murder bastard or two so that you can do unto others before they do unto your goats.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    And I would at least have had a Block/MB/Claw player if you hadn't injured him the game before! ;-)