Page 194 of 360 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 7193
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    And I would at least have had a Block/MB/Claw player if you hadn't injured him the game before! ;-)
    You clearly did not do unto others before they do unto your goats then :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I used to have the nicest chaos team in the divisions, with no claw let alone clawMB. It didn't work.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I used to have the nicest chaos team in the divisions, with no claw let alone clawMB. It didn't work.
    Long term Karmic punishment for those two passing TDs you scored against me with unlevelled Beastmen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Yeah, sadly that there is truth to this. You don't have to go all-out, but a Chaos team absolutely needs at least 1-2 killers.

My first season with my Open Chaos side was really tough without, and while they are a strong and reasonably solid team I've spent the past season-and-a-half building killers ever since. Although my minotaur is still a big softy.

On the bright side, it is a very effective niche that Chaos can fill better than anyone else.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I'm resisting going full ClawPoMb, but I do have two claw/mb bastards. I can't help thinking this is the reason I haven't managed to get/stay in the championships.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Not bad folks, not bad. I can see giving a couple of extensions til Friday unless the others in those specific divisions particularly need to play their day 2 game on Thursday or Friday. Or I could just give Walrus a loss for forgetting his game wait don't tell CH that he'll stop trying to play his match
    I don't want a forfeit, I want to play!

However, it's now 15 minutes after when we'd rearranged for and still no Walrus, so... yeah, I guess I'll take the forfeit after all.

Walrus forfeits, CH wins.

Walrus, do better. It is rude to not turn up for something when someone else has set aside the time.

Not sure if troll...

Walrus forfeits, CH wins.

Walrus, do better. It is rude to not turn up for something when someone else has set aside the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    I don't want a forfeit, I want to play!

However, it's now 15 minutes after when we'd rearranged for and still no Walrus, so... yeah, I guess I'll take the forfeit after all.
    Sorry, I screwed up super big this week. More due to human error than not wanting to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Chillydusk View Post
    Not sure if troll...
    Be sure I'm serious. Always remember the other person you're scheduled to play is also a person. Try to arrange your game early so you've got a better chance of finding a time that works for both of you, don't just assume the other person will do all the work of trying to arrange the game, and when you do arrange a game make an effort to turn up. If you're going to be unavoidably late or forced to miss the game, send your opponent a pm and/or post in the thread, so they don't have to hurry home to make their match, or they can go to the pub after work instead or whatever.

The last post was specific criticism of walrus - this one is general advice for everyone, and not any kind of veiled criticism: I don't need to be passive aggressive when I've already been aggressive aggressive two posts up.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 08-08-2013 at 10:14 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Walrus View Post
    Sorry, I screwed up super big this week. More due to human error than not wanting to play.
    On the plus side I got a DP hobbo and a level 3 cdwarf with claws and a SUPER SWEET HAT out of it...

I wonder if the name "Hat's Amazing" has been taken yet? Almost worth making yet another team for that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Walrus i was hoping you would break some of those dwarfs!

On a related note, I'm not 100% sure I can make Friday's rematch with AgP in the Champs now. As we're already in day 2 and the score was 1-1 in turn 9 before the disconnection when we first played, should this be set as a draw and move on?

My availability has been worse than AgP's for the rematch, but I had a clear advantage in the game when he lost connection, so I think a draw would be fairest?

Not sure if troll...
    Be sure I'm serious.
    To come to Chillydusk's defence against PW's iron ire, he was actually responding to a runescape spam post that was pretending to be a player in Division I! The subsequent deletion of that post has had hilarious consequences for the thread conversation...

Go on, spill! I'm sure this is a story that will not wither in the retelling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Go on, spill! I'm sure this is a story that will not wither in the retelling.
    Okay here's what happened [..] and then the llama looks at the two men and says, you call me disgusting?

edit: Damn, auto-truncate kicked it, my post was too long.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

10^10chars

Oh, I saw one of those spamposts earlier, it said something like "mrpier and I kicked off Division I in style with a 1-0 win BUY MMO GOLD!". Quite clever, really.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    I saw one in the comments that used part of one of my comments as its camoflage. It made me furiously angry. Fucking spamshits, I hope they all die.