Page 197 of 350 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207247297 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 6987
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    So wait, even if I thrash PWeasel, win 16-0 and kill all his player to tie us on 6 match points each PWeasel gets promotion? I don't think so Mr PWeasel who isn't even a real Weasel given that tie break goes to the head to head between the teams needing to be tie broken. I will not fall for your mind games.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh, incidentally I have a Block, Tackle, Guard, -AG (so AG 2) Lineman who just got a normal level up. I'm thinking Fend. Can anyone suggest anything different?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    So wait, even if I thrash PWeasel, win 16-0 and kill all his player to tie us on 6 match points each PWeasel gets promotion? I don't think so Mr PWeasel who isn't even a real Weasel given that tie break goes to the head to head between the teams needing to be tie broken. I will not fall for your mind games.
    You think you can beat me, Hutton? Pah!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Oh, incidentally I have a Block, Tackle, Guard, -AG (so AG 2) Lineman who just got a normal level up. I'm thinking Fend. Can anyone suggest anything different?
    Sack him and buy one that's not broken.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Depends what you use him for, but strip ball and pro are the only other ones I'd say are worth considering. Fend would make his agility less of a problem as far as dodging goes, obv, while strip ball would make better use of his blackle (but less of his guard, depending on the situation). He has no reroll skills, so pro might help him out if he's a general purpose player.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Sack him and buy one that's not broken.
    He's an original. I cannot do that to the man. Sixty six games played - highest on the team.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    You think you can beat me, Hutton? Pah!
    Fairly certain I've don*hex*e it before.

Fun fact - we have faced 3 times before. Every time has been in Division 2.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 12-08-2013 at 10:11 PM.

With guard you need to be able to move him about, only general skill that helps with that is fend. Dauntless would work well if you pair him off with another guard player, but I'd still get fend first.

A ding dong battle was had in the Champs this evening as my rats faced off against AgPs Woodies.

A blitz got me onto the back foot early on but the ball was recovered and the rats forced their way to with sight of the endzone. Jumbce Creep was surrounded with elves but a nice chain push got him free of the tackle dancer but he snake eyed the dodge away from the non-tackle piece marking him! Elves recovered it so the fireball came out taking down three of the targets including the carrier which gave just enough space for Jumbce Creep to pick it up and pass it to Ratty who was waiting in the end zone. AgP struck straight back with a routine two turn score - I had an intercept chance but failed it. A riot then knocked the turn counter to turn 8 ending any hopes of a skaven reply before HT.

Second half a perfect defence allowed me to rejig things slightly but I still couldn't prevent the two turn score. I responded with a two turner of my own to level the scores. Things got interesting at this point as the rain came. The elves set up for the two turn again and probably my only chance of stopping the two turn during the game was passed up by mistake. One of his two amazing catchers caught the ball off the kick off so was forced deep for the handoff to the thrower. This left only one awesome catcher in my half with some other potential receivers. The rat ogre marked one wardancer and the ag5 catcher while Jumbce Creep hovered near the other two who were also double marked. On my offence i'd been using my tacklepomb vermin to target his MB dancer and defence I was targetting the AG5 catcher with little success (plenty of stuns but nothing more). For some reason this turn I blitzed the wardancer and finally getting a KO before realising I meant to blitz the catcher. The catcher KO'd would have made things interesting. As it was the pass went to the catcher who waltzed off into the endzone. 3-2 with 3 turns left.

A perfect defence for the elves made things awkward and I was forced to cage up in a risky position. This didnt pay off as the gutter carrying the ball was sacked and the ball ended up in elf hands temporarily until a failed catch from their wardancer put the ball on the floor again. Jumbce Creep dodged in to retrieve it but his attempted pass to Ratty scattered wildly towards the elf endzone. The ball was screened off but the elf thrower failed the pickup. The elf screen was watertight though and the best I could manage was blocking off the direct progress and slipping a couple of gutters through the right hand side, one of which marked the ball (I didnt dare the 5+ pick up) The marking gutter was shoved away but with the line of progress blocked the elves set up a protective screen around the thrower who was stood on the sideline. There were some risky -2d blocks as an option but I went for something much more elaborate. Jumbce Creep used his two heads to dodge into 3 TZs to fill the space behind the thrower. A covering lino was pushed out the way and Zoom also dodged away from his spot to give the tacklepomb vermin a 2d on the top end of the screen. This allowed him to tackle down the elf and chainpushing into the thrower to surf the ball. The crowd threw it in at the feet of the +MA gutter who failed his pickup........but the reroll worked and he scrambled over the line for the tying score at the death!

This was a really tough game - I had nothing in my locker to stop the elves scoring and with my wizard getting eaten up on my first half offence I lost my best tool for defence. Neither of our mb pieces were particularly effective and armour held up on both sides throughout the game. I was just saved by a delightful chain push at the end and a handy throw in. Over to you Screwie and Boots!
    Last edited by 20phoenix; 13-08-2013 at 05:53 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I can only read wall of text like this on my mobile, I'll try later :P
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

For those anticipating the gobbo-on-gobbo action between CPD and I, the game's looking like an 8:30pm (GMT) start tonight.

Paragraphing, man! Paragraphing! As soon as commenting on a drive ends, you press the enter key! Makes a detailed game report such as that one much, much easier to read.

But hey, whatever man. It's just like, my opinion.

Also, commas are good too. Just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Paragraphing, man! Paragraphing! As soon as commenting on a drive ends, you press the enter key! Makes a detailed game report such as that one much, much easier to read.

Proof reading and such is for when its not being written at midnight

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Proof reading and such is for when its not being written at midnight
    You mean "it's"; what's your excuse at this hour?

Since i joined this forum, my enter key does not create a line break. So all of my posts would be a wall of text.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the.alleycat.uk View Post
    Since i joined this forum, my enter key does not create a line break. So all of my posts would be a wall of text.
    there
    are
    alternatives
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the.alleycat.uk View Post
    Stop talking about your dysfunctional keyboards, and use said dysfunctional keyboard to poke me on Steam, in the Groups or via PM with a confirmation or denial of suggested dates. ;)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post

@SWG, talk to me man! Groups or Steam!

Activated Node
    My Necro Dead Rascals faced off Gorm's Skaven Cheese it! He had the chance to score in the 4th turn, but his 5ag gutter runner somehow managed to trip on a dodge. From there on then it went in my favour, since Gorm had an injured Rat Ogre, basically meaning that I managed to get 2 dice blocks in most of the places. Therefore, it ended 2-0 for me. Now Hellraiser's Khemri team awaits to kil-erhm face me in the final match where me, him and Smaug can end up in the first place on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    You mean "it's"; what's your excuse at this hour?
    Sat in the toilet in work?