Page 201 of 343 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 6852
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Lost my day 3 to Incomplete Lemon, but honestly I feel good about the game. I marked and tentacled my way to deadlock against a much more developed team a few times and then used the bribes to foul my way into a better position. Yes I rolled a disproportionately number of skulls but it's not really the whole story as the dark elves polystyrene armour while good for holding hot drinks did little to resist manfists. An elf can have 50spp and a bucket of skills but prone stunned and surrounded by rotters the outlook is bleak.

So 2-0, season 1 for Medical Drama ends with a win a loss and a draw. I have a warrior level up if anyone dares to validate and excitingly I can now afford my 4th warrior.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Does anyone know Screwie in real life to give him a nudge? He's half an hour late for our day 2 game in the Champs, and I'm not around this evening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Sorry boots! I had to run errands and was horribly delayed. Are you free now?

Very quick report:

My dark elves just outbashed Boot's lizards, causing an improbable number of KOs in the first half and then exploiting the number difference and a pitch invasion in the second half to win 2-0 (very nearly 3-0, but for a snake-eyed Dodge at the end).

Heading into Day 3 and all 4 teams in the Champs can still win it!
    Last edited by Screwie; 18-08-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Damn I really wanted a draw. Did not want to go into last day needing a win against Boots as lizards is such a bad match up for skaven. I think its a three way fight now - I can't see any combination of results which would see Boots win.

If AgP and I draw, and Boots wins against you, it'll go to a tie breaker. Which he'll win because he beat you.

Ah yes - my mistake.

Spectated your game. Thought you were pushing up a blind alley at first but did a great job of breaking through. Boots was unlucky with KO recoveries and that pitch invasion royally screwed him. Good watch

Beign out bashed by elfs is always a lesson in frustration, but Screwie played better than me in general play, making far fewer mistakes so I can't really complain.

Also Screwie, I wouldn't automatically win the tie as it would be a three wayer including yourself, so it would go to TD/Cas difference.

Edit - also, 20phoenix, when you spectate games can you see the talking, or just the dice rolls? I've always wondered.

Just dice rolls but if a couple of people are spectating they can chat to each other. There's no way of knowing if anyone else is spectating though unless you just start typing away.

You can only see the dice, but you can talk with any other spectators. This talk is invisible to the coaches.

*edit* Ninja'd.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Spectated your game. Thought you were pushing up a blind alley at first but did a great job of breaking through. Boots was unlucky with KO recoveries and that pitch invasion royally screwed him. Good watch
    Ah yeah, that first drive was tricky. I could have swapped flanks with a small pocket of 3-4 elves, but they couldn't make much ground in that crucial turn because I had to dodge around Boot's LoS. I decided to push deeper instead, with a view to swapping next turn if Boots committed more lizards. But then I got enough elves onto that saurus to remove him, and then it was just skinks in front. That worked out very well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    Also Screwie, I wouldn't automatically win the tie as it would be a three wayer including yourself, so it would go to TD/Cas difference.
    Ahh yeah you're right. I don't think I'd do win if it came to that. Maybe if KOs counted as well? :)
    Last edited by Screwie; 19-08-2013 at 01:19 AM.

Prelude: I'm a fresh 3 warrior, 1 pest & beast nurgle team. I have 1 level up on far, so kick rotter, a nurgle warrior is just leveled up regular roll, trying to pick the perfect first level up.

Guard (help others)
    Mighty Blow (help self)
    Block (stability)

Any suggestions?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Toss-up between Block and MB I think. I would maybe veer towards MB, which is higher-risk but should get him up to 16 pretty swiftly, and help towards the all-important numbers advantage.

I'd go for MB. Block is nice, but I'd find MB much scarier if I was playing against you.

Large Red Lettering!!

All games from match day 2 have been completed and the match day has been rolled on. Bon appetit

Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    I'd go for MB. Block is nice, but I'd find MB much scarier if I was playing against you.
    I dont really care about leveling up speed, but hurrying people to fight or flee a ST4 AV9 Regen bastard is alluring. MB it is, I had better get him triple die blocks to offset the poor fortune of lacking block.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Prelude: I'm a fresh 3 warrior, 1 pest & beast nurgle team. I have 1 level up on far, so kick rotter, a nurgle warrior is just leveled up regular roll, trying to pick the perfect first level up.

Guard (help others)
    Mighty Blow (help self)
    Block (stability)

Any suggestions?
    Block first, always.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Aye, I'd go block first with all my warriors.

(Not that my teams recent fortunes should fill you with confidence)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, blockless warriors are just machines for eating rerolls, and that's when they've not been knocked down. Even with the higher injury chance when they do put someone down with MB I think all the extra knockdowns from having block will probably still mean they'll level up quicker that way, too.

Activated Node
    Hey all, not really sure what the process is but I'd like to retire my Skaven team at the end of this season and replace them with something else if that's at all possible. Is there anything I have to do to get this done?