Page 202 of 349 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 6978
  1. #4021
    Block takes a mans from a 1/9 chance to knock himself down to a 1/32... this is significant

  2. #4022
    Network Hub Shards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by INinja132 View Post
    Hey all, not really sure what the process is but I'd like to retire my Skaven team at the end of this season and replace them with something else if that's at all possible. Is there anything I have to do to get this done?
    Put R1 in the next season column and then change your race to be your new race in braces (curly brackets) e.g. {Nor}

  3. #4023
    Network Hub grinn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    357
    Dear allz, following their latest 4-0 victory the Rok Ard Nobz have been taken on a werebear and vampire hunting trip in Kislev. So far none of them have been arrested but coach had a near miss from a rock thrown by an angry gypsy. We'll be back in bloodbowl land on the 24th. Apologies for any inconvience to fans and future bash-fodder.

  4. #4024
    Obscure Node Recoil3842's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13
    Well, it appears that I have well and truly been Cyanided. I have just gone back to review my team after the week rolled over to find that my two players that died but were saved by apothecary rolls (one purchased through inducements), are in fact dead. Having reviewed the match in both BB Manager and BB itself, they both state the re-rolls led to badly hurt.

    My understanding is that while on the table top version, the player has to choose which result he wishes to apply, but in the PC version, the lesser of two choices is automatically selected, with badly hurt being the lesser.

    While I am a bit miffed that they died, it is part of the game, but I am even more annoyed that I thought they had survived to play again, only to find out that they will not. Of course I could be completely wrong, but to put my mind to rest could someone else look at my match through BB Manager? I would much appreciate it. I played against Havocc on 15/08/13.

  5. #4025
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Recoil3842 View Post
    My understanding is that while on the table top version, the player has to choose which result he wishes to apply, but in the PC version, the lesser of two choices is automatically selected, with badly hurt being the lesser.
    Yikes, no no no no no!

    In the game you have to select which of the two results you want from the pop-up and then confirm it. (This should be especially and immediately obvious in the case of a BH result as the player will stand up and walk off the pitch.) As with the tabletop game, you are presented with the option of choosing either result.

    I'm not sure where you got this info from or if you assumed it to be the case, but that's cost you I'm afraid :(
    Last edited by Screwie; 19-08-2013 at 04:11 PM.

  6. #4026
    Obscure Node Recoil3842's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13
    And with that I hang my head in shame, and quit the league due to stupidity. I had a very small sneaking suspicion that may have been the case. I have just in the past always clicked ok as the second result has always been better than the original roll. This is the first time (that I can remember) where it was obvious the were saved (dead to BH) that has led me to review it.

    Thanks Screwie for the information.

  7. #4027
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Aye, I'd go block first with all my warriors.

    (Not that my teams recent fortunes should fill you with confidence)
    I'm sure you'll rebound against me this week.

    To give you a preview of my season so far in D6 rolls.

    week 1
    Me -4.00
    Mumbles +9.47

    week 2
    Me -12.27
    James +14.59


    I'm sure you'll do fine this next week ;)

  8. #4028
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Recoil3842 View Post
    And with that I hang my head in shame, and quit the league due to stupidity. I had a very small sneaking suspicion that may have been the case. I have just in the past always clicked ok as the second result has always been better than the original roll. This is the first time (that I can remember) where it was obvious the were saved (dead to BH) that has led me to review it.

    Thanks Screwie for the information.
    No problem, but there's no need to quit over it! You're not the first person to mess up, even the first to mess up in this particular fashion.

    I would recommend you fulfil your commitments for this season - play your final game with some mercenary filler - and after that, if the team can't be salvaged, then reboot with a new one next season.

  9. #4029
    Network Hub Shards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    185
    Urk! Yeah, don't trust Cyanide to automatically select anything!

    On the subject, what happens if I apothecary a MNG injury to another MNG, do they stay in the injury bin or do they come back for the next drive like a BH? Asking as I'm sure I saw this happen to an opponent in Nagg...

  10. #4030
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    On the subject, what happens if I apothecary a MNG injury to another MNG, do they stay in the injury bin or do they come back for the next drive like a BH? Asking as I'm sure I saw this happen to an opponent in Nagg...
    Nope, they still have to sit out the game (and the next one).

    Using the Apothecary and choosing Badly Hurt will let the player go to the reserves box. Using an Apothecary on a KO lets the player stay on the pitch, Stunned. All other results and the player is gone for the rest of the match... and probably longer.

  11. #4031
    Obscure Node Recoil3842's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I would recommend you fulfil your commitments for this season - play your final game with some mercenary filler - and after that, if the team can't be salvaged, then reboot with a new one next season.
    I was never going to quit right now, as I do have a commitment to finish the season. I have enough gold to replace the players, so they probably will continue.

  12. #4032
    Obscure Node JamesCoombs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    ...
    week 2
    Me -12.27
    James +14.59
    ...
    Just out of curiosity, does that mean I made 14.59 rolls above the statistical average, or something else entirely?
    Possible bloggery occurs at www.gothwizards.com with dubious regularity.

  13. #4033
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Swansea
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Recoil3842 View Post
    I was never going to quit right now, as I do have a commitment to finish the season. I have enough gold to replace the players, so they probably will continue.
    Okay then, glad to hear it! :)

  14. #4034
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    1,078
    Quote Originally Posted by the.alleycat.uk View Post
    Block takes a mans from a 1/9 chance to knock himself down to a 1/32... this is significant
    Even more significant since it's 1/36. ;-)

  15. #4035
    Network Hub Axler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    Dear allz, following their latest 4-0 victory the Rok Ard Nobz have been taken on a werebear and vampire hunting trip in Kislev. So far none of them have been arrested but coach had a near miss from a rock thrown by an angry gypsy. We'll be back in bloodbowl land on the 24th. Apologies for any inconvience to fans and future bash-fodder.
    Cool Grinn I'll see you when you get back.

  16. #4036
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Yeah, blockless warriors are just machines for eating rerolls, and that's when they've not been knocked down. Even with the higher injury chance when they do put someone down with MB I think all the extra knockdowns from having block will probably still mean they'll level up quicker that way, too.
    My game with Jolima was a perfect example of this. 2D attacks without block against players with block is a minefield of disaster. Jolima gave away 4 turnovers in total I think from failed 2D blocks.

  17. #4037
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCoombs View Post
    Just out of curiosity, does that mean I made 14.59 rolls above the statistical average, or something else entirely?
    No, its more of a general odds calculation. All of your actions are given a percentage of success based on the dice roll - succeeding a high percentage roll will gain you a small amount of value while failing a low percentage roll will lose you some.

    Conversely, failing a high percentage roll will cause you to lose a lot of value while succeeding a low percentage roll will give you a lot of value.

    You should check out BBManager if you're interested in more - it will give you a detailed breakdown of how your match went.

  18. #4038
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    67
    Today my Dead Rascals faced off Hellraiser's Khepri Khemri in Div F's promotion thriller. I was very fortunate the first half, since all his 4 or 5 injuries [including a dead werewolf] were regenerated. Even so, the Khemri bashing was a hard burden to take, so me scoring in turn 5 was the best thing I could pull off in terms of stalling.

    The second half was a bit harder to swallow for my players, since they didn't regen as good [only badly hurt and a -av on a zombie]. The saving grace for me was dodging with my ag 4 ball-carrying wolf to the other side of the field, meaning that Hellraiser's tomb guardians couldn't hunt him down. From there it was a comfortable td for me and a not so uncomfortable sight of the injury bench. The last drive was easy for the Khemri team, since i had about 4 or 5 players left, unable to do much against his scoring efforts. So in the end it finished 2-1 for my side and now we await to see how well can a Skaven team face of Nurgles

  19. #4039
    Activated Node sadface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Recoil3842 View Post
    And with that I hang my head in shame, and quit the league due to stupidity. I had a very small sneaking suspicion that may have been the case. I have just in the past always clicked ok as the second result has always been better than the original roll. This is the first time (that I can remember) where it was obvious the were saved (dead to BH) that has led me to review it.

    Thanks Screwie for the information.
    I did that the first time I had to use the apothecary (first death coincidentally, as well), didn't realise you had to actually select it for it to apply the apo result x.x

  20. #4040
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    218
    Nie and I have played our game, the final one in Div D.

    I will likely be away on holiday for the season change over, so if I'm not around that is the reason and it would probably be best if you start without me.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •