Page 206 of 372 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 7438
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    I have a tactical problem...
    I have a technical problem - I seem to fail pretty much every roll I try. Any ideas?
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    RIGHT!

SEASON'S OVER!

...But a few have asked for extensions to Thursday, so any outstanding games will be held over until thursday. After that, its defaulting time!
    I'll try to run the LIVE DRAW friday night (because honestly, I don't have anything better to do). Probably about 8pm, but I'll update.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    Sorry Ininja,

We were scheduled to play this morning, but i couldn't quite make it to 1 AM before falling asleep!

Since we have been unable to play on numerous occasions due to various and complicated reasons, i think an admin draw is the best option.
    Unfortunately I fear you might be right. Ah well, at least it saves my rats another embarrassing defeat for their final game.

Cacamas and I just finished our match.

See you all in a couple of season hopefully.
    Last edited by Havocc; 27-08-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I have a technical problem - I seem to fail pretty much every roll I try. Any ideas?
    PRO TIP: Roll moar 6's

Well, I didn't get any more men smashed, but 2Lab soundly beat me 2-0. Grats on the league win 2Lab!

( I did bust the AV of a couple of goats, which was some consolation)

Not heard from Alley about our Div G match, shot him a pm on steam and in the group forum. He's been on steam since, so I assume he's busy/away/forgotten.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Planetside 2 (TR): IronShroud
    Life is Fedual server: Life is Pain [Dedicated]

I have a tactical problem Iím hoping our esteemed community can help me with and the problem is called bloody Chaos Dwarves!
    Doesn't sound like your tactics are wrong, essentially CDorfs are just normal Dorfs but better: the same ideas work but they're not as effective. Generally I try to spread the dorfs out as much as possible by throwing zombies at them (a deep bench helps here, I often hire a couple more zombies for games like this) and screen the carrier at least a couple of tackle zones deep so break tackle can't reach them. Grab on the flesh golems is very helpful here, let's you beak up the dorfs and stick them to a zombie.

Given their lack of starting skills the centaurs usually don't have stand firm, so luring them towards the edge of the field for a wolf surf is effective - either they'll be vulnerable or afraid to get too close, either of which works for you (dauntless on the wolves is great for this). The minotaur can be a big pain as it can counter surf, but lots of CDorf teams don't bother with one anyway: if there is one try and give it a zombie friend wherever possible (preferably with block and fend).

On defense your best bet is to apply lots of pressure as fast as you can, once a cage is formed you're in trouble. This is risky, but with their poor Ag a quick dart for the carrier can leave CDorfs stranded (to this end if you ever get the possibility of a hit or a foul on a hob built to carry the ball take it: getting them out the game really helps). Assuming you've got kick somewhere a short punt with the wolves set up forward is devastating when it works right, but you might be better off going for a long one to spread the dorfs out in their half, then running the wolves and wights through while the zombies and golems mark the dorfs.

Disclaimer: last time my Necro played CDorfs they lost. Horribly.

I have a tactical problem I’m hoping our esteemed community can help me with and the problem is called bloody Chaos Dwarves
    On top of what NieA7 just said, I've got one other tip to expand on: Go for the Hobgoblins.

The one major disadvantage of CDorfs compared to their Dorf cousins is that their only AG3 players are utter pants. They start unskilled, have AV7 and only have General access on a standard roll.

Most players will tend to go with a full Blocker/Centaur roster, perhaps even with a Mino, so take out those 3-4 Hobbos and he's left fumbling the ball around with AG2 players for the rest of the game. Take out only 1 or 2, and you're still severely limiting his tactical options (that handoff to the Centaur fails more often than you'd think). Strike it lucky with a Pouring Rain weather roll and suddenly he'll be burning through his rerolls, which can in turn reduce his ability to bash effectively.

Still, they're a beast of a team, and if that Hobbo gets to his cage before you can get to him first you're in for a long and bloody grind of a half.
    Last edited by frenz0rz; 28-08-2013 at 12:25 AM.
    I occasionally write things on this website. You can read these things by clicking this thing:
    www.teamsao.com

Activated Node
    My Necro team promoted once again but something inside me tells me that's not good news for a 1250 tv team. Hope my 4 ag +mb wolf will live through this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthZombie View Post
    My Necro team promoted once again but something inside me tells me that's not good news for a 1250 tv team. Hope my 4 ag +mb wolf will live through this.
    [SPOILERS]He's already written in the book of the dead[/SPOILERS]
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DarthZombie View Post
    I'll enjoy introducing him to my block mummy.

[Chaos Dwarves]
    I have seen a surprising amout of ball handling by the darn centaurs, so what with their high mobility I always consider those my primary threat. It's not like the dwarves will break if you hit them anyway.

I seem to remember Corkir thrashed me with hers, so maybe in a fit of generosity she will make a guest appearance here and expand on her weaknesses?

I've yet to play chaos dwarves, so... no comment on strategy. I will no doubt lose horribly first time I meet them (Dwarves in general are bad for norse teams).

But i was mostly coming in to ask for some advice. After smashing poor Cyberpunk's Goblins (seriously, took out 13 players! His dice were, as he says, awful), my Str5 wolf got his second level and got a (non-double) 10. So now I'm a bit stuck. I was definitely going to go for block. Definitely. Str5+Frenzy and block is great. But now I could get him up to Av9 or even Mv7. Which if i then get block/break tackle would be awesome. Thoughts?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Block is the clear choice. Even with ST5, Frenzy without Block is a gamble.

AV9 is almost never worth it as the guys hitting your ST5 piece will invariably have Mighty Blow and/or Claw. Block protects you more than this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Take the +MV, that'll be awesome. Block's more useful in the short term, but it's not that far to 31SPP and you can pick it up then.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Block's more useful
    I've edited down the post for clarity.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Would you really take the MV? I can't really decide to be honest. I think I might be tempted to take the chance to get him up to AV9...

EDIT - Personally I would delay taking block. ST5 and AV9 (plus being one of only 2 or 3 players on the team you would use the apo on) should be enough for protection. With ST5 you should be relatively safe from frenzying into trouble. Yes you will fail 1/9 of 2D blocks with him, but since everyone else on the team has block and since he has no loner then he'll probably have a reroll available.
    Last edited by Everblue; 28-08-2013 at 12:55 PM.

Well, this is my problem exactly - 4 answers, 3 different possibilities ;-). He's the linchpin of my bashy game right now, str5+frenzy being useful against most things. I need to protect him (block or AV) and make him more offensive (block, mighty blow). I (think) I would probably ignore the movement, as I can't see a case where it would be critical. He's unlikely to be chasing down runners etc. With break tackle I could already pretty much dodge into a cage (at risk!) for a hit. But then failing that break tackle, Av9 might be nice to keep him alive?? I'll probably go block (booooring), then mighty blow, guard, stand firm, break tackle as he's effectively a reliable big guy but alternative builds are welcome!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    The way I see it, of the next three levels your player potentially gains, that third skill is still a long way off. I would rather take Block now, Break Tackle soon and take my chances on the third skill, than grab +MA now, Block soon and wait an age for Break Tackle.

Of those three advances, moving from MA 6 to MA 7 adds the least utility to your player.

(And I'd probably take Mighty Blow or Stand Firm before Break Tackle, personally.)