Page 207 of 367 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 7321
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree with that, on a normal roll it would have been close between block and mighty blow. Although norse are generally efficient on rerolls, this guy costs me on average one roll per game right now without block. Block would help that a great deal. Mighty blow makes him more of a threat though, but the other wolf (only str 4!) has already got block and mighty blow. I *think* I'll go with block, as much to keep him alive as anything (also, to keep the 'everyone on my team has block, neh neh neh neh-neh' thing). We shall see next season - maybe my future match-ups will decide what I should take first!

I'd take one of the S skills as well. +MV isn't going to make that much difference (you've got runners and jump up zerkers for closing gaps/scramble defence) and, with AV8, he's already going to be the target of any claw mans on the opposing team, so not that much gained though +AV...

I agree, see what the next league offers, if there's lots of Block around, then I'd be tempted to take it to match-up and stop people fancying the 2D against on a, relatively, flimsy big piece.

Real life commitments are making scheduling my BB games increasingly difficult so I'm going to have to retire indefinitely. I've Z'ed myself on the sheet and will quit Div I when I get home later today.
    It's been a pleasure bashing your faces in, ladies and gentlemen.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyWhiteGuy View Post
    I'll enjoy introducing him to my block mummy.
    d'awwww, you guys are so helpful!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Alastair Hutton and myself have scheduled our Promotion Decider MegaMatch for Thursday about 6.30ish, for anyone who fancies a bit of a spectate.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Alastair Hutton and myself have scheduled our Promotion Decider MegaMatch for Thursday about 6.30ish, for anyone who fancies a bit of a spectate.
    Only if you get on Mumble so I can listen to your cussing. I imagine Hutton to sound like the modern day equivalent of a WWI fighter pilot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sadface View Post
    [Chaos Dwarves]
    I have seen a surprising amout of ball handling by the darn centaurs, so what with their high mobility I always consider those my primary threat. It's not like the dwarves will break if you hit them anyway.

I seem to remember Corkir thrashed me with hers, so maybe in a fit of generosity she will make a guest appearance here and expand on her weaknesses?
    Yeah, it's those centaurs that give me trouble with Cads. Get a few levels on them and they're utter bastards, especially if you don't have the skills for taking down a player like that. Even as amazons, I don't actually fear dwarves all that much - a dose of wrestle and fend negates a lot of their strength. But Cads have that plus extra strength sprinters. I'd prioritise getting them down over the hobbos, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Only if you get on Mumble so I can listen to your cussing. I imagine Hutton to sound like the modern day equivalent of a WWI fighter pilot.
    He won't come on mumble, or at least he wouldn't last time. I suspect he has a very high and squeaky voice, like a cartoon gerbil. I would actually be a bit disappointed if I ever did find out what he sounds like - the "never talks where you can hear him" mystique is going to be difficult to live up to.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Yeah, it's those centaurs that give me trouble with Cads. Get a few levels on them and they're utter bastards, especially if you don't have the skills for taking down a player like that. Even as amazons, I don't actually fear dwarves all that much - a dose of wrestle and fend negates a lot of their strength. But Cads have that plus extra strength sprinters. I'd prioritise getting them down over the hobbos, myself.
    It was definitely the centaurs that screwed me over in both games. Once they get break tackle I have a hard time keeping them away since they dodge and blitz holes all over the shop. I've also just checked my stats for the Foulers to see who it was that beat me and so far my stats are 12-0-3! I'm pretty impressed with the Necro's performance so far but the following three coaches have now made THE LIST (currently only consisting of Mr Hutton).

Axler - Minstry of Silly hats
    Everblue - Doomdark's Revenge
    ChainsawHands - The Flaming Balls

Sirs, you are being hunted!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The big impediment to partaking in mumble is the lack of a microphone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sadly I've rerolled to underworld, Brain. Despite my pleasure at being in such exclusive company as Axler and 'hands, it will be some time before we meet again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    The big impediment to partaking in mumble is the lack of a microphone.
    Pfffff. Pfffffffffffffffff, I say!
    You've had months to get around this so-called impediment; microphones can be obtained from Amazon for a fiver.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    You've had months to get around this so-called impediment; microphones can be obtained from Amazon for a fiver.
    or from a pound shop for.... a pound.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Or you can partake of the always-hilarious text-to-speech option.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    He won't come on mumble, or at least he wouldn't last time. I suspect he has a very high and squeaky voice, like a cartoon gerbil. I would actually be a bit disappointed if I ever did find out what he sounds like - the "never talks where you can hear him" mystique is going to be difficult to live up to.
    I can confirm the cartoon gerbil theory.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    I can confirm the cartoon gerbil theory.
    I can confirm ChainsawHands's face.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 29-08-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hmmm, that didn't really work as an insult.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Look, all I can say is HEX HEX HEXXETYHEX.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    the following three coaches have now made THE LIST (currently only consisting of Mr Hutton).

Axler - Minstry of Silly hats
    Everblue - Doomdark's Revenge
    ChainsawHands - The Flaming Balls

Sirs, you are being hunted!
    That's sizeist that is! Persecuting my poor (short) mans whose only crime is being vertically challenged! Shame on you Mr Brain, shame!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    or from a pound shop for.... a pound.
    Then he might have to interact with actual people and maybe talk where they can hear him. Amazon (other online retailers are available) allows him to maintain his mysterious* monkish** silence for a couple of days longer.

*not mysterious, he is just a coward
    **cowardly