Page 208 of 349 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 6978
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    Look, all I can say is HEX HEX HEXXETYHEX.
    I would laugh this off, if I didn't have first hand experience of your hexing powers working terrifyingly well.

TRIPLE POST BONANZA EXTREME! (aka too lazy to collate):

I will LIVECAST MUMBLETALK my promotion decider with Hutton this evening on the RPS mumble server. The match is due to start at 1830 UK time (GMT+1).

Mucho apologies, but I'm going to have to let Mumbles down (for the second time) tonight due to work commitments. I don't know how the PTB's decide these things, but award a draw, or a victory to Mumbles please. Completely my fault, he's made himself available, I'm just getting my arse handed to me in the office.

In other news, I'll probably be Z'ing out for a season while I sort this nonsense out. I will return to Dwarfsmash the following season. I'll update the sheet in whatever rudimentary way I'm capable of, but someone with actual intelligence may want to take a gander to make sure I didn't ruin anything. Loveyoubye.
    Possible bloggery occurs at www.gothwizards.com with dubious regularity.

Hey guys, i'm curious about how the next league will be sorted for the lower division and was hoping you could clarify.
    Considering the divisions at the current time, we have 8 teams dropping and 2 rebooting from Z. We also have a N. That means that we'll have a tier 4 of 3 teams + 1 filler. Considering the priority until now has been demote if possible before anything else, Dogpants and Alleycat imediately take 2 spots, and new players always start on the bottom division so Keikain would be there.

Considering this is all correct so far, it would imply that all rebooting teams would start in Tier 3 and ALL the teams from Tier 4 would be promoted, including 4th place.

This makes no sense to me if it is true, since 4th place teams in Tier 4 shouldn't have priority over Tier 3 4th place, both from a fairness point of view but also because the new player would face more experienced teams with higher tv and the teams that couldn't make it in tier 4 would be forced to play even stronger opponents.

If you could clarify these points and tell me if it is correct please.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillydusk View Post
    Hey guys, i'm curious about how the next league will be sorted for the lower division and was hoping you could clarify.
    There are some things man was not meant to know.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    For the record, I'm sticking with the goblins for at least another season. Rock'n'roll.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Also, it might not be Alleycat and Dogpants necessarily since dogpants and CPD have a draw and I didn't do the math, and Alleycat can still win his final match and have a 3 way draw for last place in G.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    /STUFF/

If you could clarify these points and tell me if it is correct please.
    In short, a bit of judgement will used rather than a hard and fast rule in the bottom tier. Potentially, IF all 4 teams from tier 4 will be promoted (due to drop-outs/reboots etc.) then I'd sort of treat it as if there would be no tier 4 for tier 3 teams to be demoted to (probably!), so I'm unlikely to drop tier 3 teams. I've never demoted teams where the tier below doesn't exist at transition (so, in previous seasons, coming 4th in tier 4 didn't send you to a newly-created tier 5, for example) so there's a weak precedent for this. I'd prefer the bottom tier to be a battle of the new/1000tv-ish guys, so I will 'weight' it accordingly. This only happens for this bottom tier, which takes a bit more management each season. The rest of the tiers are always on merit (points, then TV for cross-division decisions)! The only way to guarantee promotion to the next tier is to come first, so hopefully those in 4th place in tier 4 won't mind if they stay in tier 4 for an extra season rather than swapping with a tier 3 player!! :-)

TL:DR - The benevolent dictator decides....
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 29-08-2013 at 04:37 PM.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    For the record, I'm sticking with the goblins for at least another season. Rock'n'roll.
    Glad I didn't put you off the game for life after our game CPD! You must be due some better dice? You sacrificed a good number of players to nuffle against me! :-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

and Alleycat can still win his final match and have a 3 way draw for last place in G.
    I don't think alley's going to show at this point, hadn't responded to PM's and his last login on Steam was 2 days ago now.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Check my YouTube Channel here

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Glad I didn't put you off the game for life after our game CPD! You must be due some better dice? You sacrificed a good number of players to nuffle against me! :-)
    It wasn't much worse than usual to be honest, really ;). The non-nuffly gobbo-off against DogPants was the exception, not the rule.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Just so everyone is clear, I am saying that Alastair Hutton is a cowardly coward who is using an easily-rectifiable lack of a microphone to coward his way out of chatting on Mumble.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Who would want to listen to that scottish drawl for an hour and a half anyway ;-)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Bugger, don't know whether to buy a disposable lineman for the match.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Just so everyone is clear, I am saying that Alastair Hutton is a cowardly coward who is using an easily-rectifiable lack of a microphone to coward his way out of chatting on Mumble.
    Just had a quick look at the post on what is required to setup Mumble. Blow that for a lark, that looks like effort.

Anyway I do all my talking on the p... chatbox.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCoombs View Post
    Mucho apologies, but I'm going to have to let Mumbles down (for the second time) tonight due to work commitments. I don't know how the PTB's decide these things, but award a draw, or a victory to Mumbles please. Completely my fault, he's made himself available, I'm just getting my arse handed to me in the office.
    Considering I was totally AWOL for most of the match week - and then the same happened to James - I'm totally happy with a draw - especially since it means I don't have to worry about being promoted. But I'd be fine with a loss too - since its on me we didn't even think about playing until the last day of the week.

But as JC says - its up to you guys!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    WE ARE ABOUT TO START.

Get your swear engines running

I believe this is all the match report we need:

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I believe this is all the match report we need:

I have checked this match report for lies and I have found none. This is very accurate.

Although it glosses over my amazeballs attempt at a 1 turner and a decent attempt at knocking over the ball carrier.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh, an Manfred Moaner, 66 game Lineman veteran has chosen to retire after taking a fractured neck to go with his smashed hip. He has to look to his life after Blood Bowl.

That leaves the Army with only 2 originals left. The clock is ticking.