Page 209 of 345 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 6896
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I reckon Nuffle has spoken - I used to have the friendliest chaos team in the Divisions, no killers and a couple of elfbeasts. Now it's all killers, no thrillers. Nuffle wants me to ruin your teams. All of them.
    Spoooooooooooooooooooooooooookily prescient, past version of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    That leaves the Army with only 2 originals left. The clock is ticking.
    As previously mentioned, THE LIST originally only had you on it due to my inability to beat you over three games! That includes our 3-3 game where I was winning 3-0 at half time with me to receive (After that game I decided that drinking a whole bottle of rather good red wine while playing was a bad idea). I forbid your two remaining players from dying or retiring until I can claw my way up to the tops tiers and get bloody revenge on them for the failure of the poor Pro Elf Ballers! Anti-Hex!!!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    As previously mentioned, THE LIST originally only had you on it due to my inability to beat you over three games! That includes our 3-3 game where I was winning 3-0 at half time with me to receive (After that game I decided that drinking a whole bottle of rather good red wine while playing was a bad idea). I forbid your two remaining players from dying or retiring until I can claw my way up to the tops tiers and get bloody revenge on them for the failure of the poor Pro Elf Ballers! Anti-Hex!!!
    And I was only a GFI from winning it as well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    You think you can beat me, Hutton? Pah!
    Also highly prescient.

I have checked this match report for lies and I have found none. This is very accurate.
    I'd dispute that claim that this was the worst the Army have been beaten up, that time I killed four of them in a single game was pretty special.

There were two left on the pitch at the end, and only one standing (because Hutton ran him directly away from the ball at top speed). Did you clear the pitch?

Hmm. Can't quite remember if the pitch was cleared of human-mans, but he took 10 CAS and 4 KO over the entire game so I guess it was pretty much there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    For shame AH, I was hoping you'd maim some of his guys too :(

Grats Screwie!!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    I'd dispute that claim that this was the worst the Army have been beaten up, that time I killed four of them in a single game was pretty special.
    That's true, 4 flat out deaths was pretty devastating - but 2 of those deaths were 0SPP Linemen so basically don't count. Even the death of KOR,Accurate,Strong Arm,Dodge,Pass,Sure Hands thrower wasn't that annoying (it was utterly annoying) as he wasn't an original player. PWeasel, with the broken neck given to Manfred, has taken the team 1 step closer to retirement.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    For shame AH, I was hoping you'd maim some of his guys too :(
    The game started with him receiving and KOing 2 of my guys without even using Piling-On. It went downhill from there. You know me, I'm never one to blame the dice, but I think PWeasel turned over once in the entire match whereas my high risk style foundered on the harsh rocks of probability.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    How many games has your team played, Alistair?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    How many games has your team played, Alistair?
    My two remaining players have played 67 and 66 games respectivly (there then follows a drop to about 25 games for the next oldest player). So taking into account MNGs that must mean I've played around 70 games with the team. I think that default victories don't count for games played so I can't work out exactly how many season they have been around for.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Incidentally, only 9 players fit for next season, TV dropped from 1900 for game against PWeasel to 1350 for whoever the lucky bastard is who faces me next.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...l=1#post268946

1) I thought we agreed that we weren't talking about that game ever.
    2) Against your good self I was a GFI away from tying the game, against PWeasel I was never in the match.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    Grats Screwie!!
    Thanks Grinn! You're back to reclaim your crown now though :(

PWeasel, with the broken neck given to Manfred, has taken the team 1 step closer to retirement.
    Hmm, why are you retiring this lineman on a -AG injury? What skills did he have?

He was already minus a move. Remember this is Hutton - if a lineman isn't doing two improbable dodges and a go for it in order to get a one-dicer in on the ball carrier, something's wrong.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Thanks Grinn! You're back to reclaim your crown now though :(

Hmm, why are you retiring this lineman on a -AG injury? What skills did he have?
    Wrestle Fend with -1 MV and -1AG

So 5,3,2,8 TV90. If he had Thick skull and Regeneration I would've kept him but he isn't a Skeleton so I've let him go manage the proeprty empire that he's built up over the years.

Truly he was the Lineman's Lineman, 67 games played and only 2 TDs, 1 Pass and 1 Reception. Injured and KO'd twice as often as he injured and KO'd the opposition. He was the all round generic player.
    Last edited by Alistair Hutton; 30-08-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    my high risk style
    That works way better with good players: be (some flavour of) elfs next.

Hutton ran him directly away from the ball at top speed
    Also this is generally a tactical error, you need to pick the ball up if you want to win, Al!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    That works way better with good players: be (some flavour of) elfs next.

Also this is generally a tactical error, you need to pick the ball up if you want to win, Al!
    This was on turn 16.