Page 213 of 365 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 7300
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    So, SWG, you are in a division with my rookie underworld. Is that better?
    Booo! I want my revenge on Doomdark's ... er ... Revenge?!

@Groovy - I'll apply for Div I now before I go off and get plastered - cuz its a holiday here - so accept/decline at your leisure.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    ... the multitude of injuries that I took when I played Cyber's gobbos the other season...
    They rarely win, but they can dish out the p41n... sometimes.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grinn View Post
    Tough to go toe to toe with the nobz with a half unskilled team so can understand Prez's frustration.
    Was really worried about this match and glad it's over without maiming (except poor Mangy).
    I don't believe this match happened... or at least that's what the spreadsheet tells me. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I don't believe this match happened... or at least that's what the spreadsheet tells me. :P
    Okay, so I've been playing too much Europa Universalis IV, but there's definitely negative Prestige and Legitimacy to President Weasel's claim nowadays....

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    According to the sheet *(which some kind soul has updated - thanks!), we're missing DaWink, shards, sollitus, joose and sillywhiteguy before we can get going. So if you spot any of them around, give them a nudge, I'll be trying to get everyone going tonight...

Activated Node
    I'm back off holiday and all applied up for F.

Jolly good! Four to go! Clock's ticking, gents....

Activated Node
    Application for D is in.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    According to the sheet *(which some kind soul has updated - thanks!), we're missing DaWink, shards, sollitus, joose and sillywhiteguy before we can get going. So if you spot any of them around, give them a nudge, I'll be trying to get everyone going tonight...
    I applied for E last night?

Quote Originally Posted by Shards View Post
    I applied for E last night?
    You probably did however I updated the sheet with application status' yesterday afternoon which is, I presume, what Groovy is looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    You probably did however I updated the sheet with application status' yesterday afternoon which is, I presume, what Groovy is looking at.
    Ahah! Thanks. For Sollitus, Steam has him as last online 20hours ago

Season started, just sollitus and sillywhiteguy to go!! I'm holding off starting div I in case they need to fill in -all others get playing from tonight!!...

SEASON 31 HAS STARTED!!!

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Season started, just sollitus and sillywhiteguy to go!! I'm holding off starting div I in case they need to fill in -all others get playing from tonight!!...

SEASON 31 HAS STARTED!!!
    been out of town apping up now

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    They rarely win, but they can dish out the p41n... sometimes.
    The very first time I'd ever played a gobbo team I thought they were so overpowered.

The chainsaw killed or maimed 3 or 4 of my guys, a random single die charge killed my ST4 blitzer, and the bomber took out 4/5 of my cage in a single bomb, stunning 2 and KO'ing 1.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Over in the OCC my Chaos mans beat the living shit out of some goblins the other day, won 2-0, and ended up taking three deaths including my str 4 beastman. Gobbos are only going to win if the dice are strongly on their side or you're stupid, but they always have the potential to turn up a couple of good rolls and ruin you team for you. Not that they often do - but it's easy enough to make a couple of vicious foulers and field two chainsaws with inducements. Turn up the wrong dice and your best players go home in a sack.

If they're on form gobbos are by far the most destructive team in BB, much more dangerous than Chaos et al. Fortunately for everyone else gobbo form is hard to come by, but because it's so rare any gobbo coach worth their salt will milk it for all it's worth when it happens.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsexington View Post
    The very first time I'd ever played a gobbo team I thought they were so overpowered.

The chainsaw killed or maimed 3 or 4 of my guys, a random single die charge killed my ST4 blitzer, and the bomber took out 4/5 of my cage in a single bomb, stunning 2 and KO'ing 1.
    That reminds me of someone who played his first game as Dark Elves against my Chaos team. In turn 4 I had 3 players KO'ed, 1 dead and another injured. I finished the game with 2 men on the field. Let's just say that in the long run it hurted him a lot more, since he thought every game will end up the same way.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NieA7 View Post
    If they're on form gobbos are by far the most destructive team in BB, much more dangerous than Chaos et al. Fortunately for everyone else gobbo form is hard to come by, but because it's so rare any gobbo coach worth their salt will milk it for all it's worth when it happens.
    Oh damn, very true. When it happens, expect no remorse from the goblins!

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Gobbos are only going to win if the dice are strongly on their side...
    Bah, even dice will do it, not that that ever happens. But yes, I do milk the carnage when it comes. If they're any good, your opponent will target your special weapons ruthlessly, especially the fanatic. The automatic KO on a knock down combined with needing a bribe to bring him back on is well harsh on the guy. Do you spend the bribe when he might not wake up anyway?

The other trouble is, you get so little SPP for it all - none for hitting a player with a goblin, none for the chainsaw, none for the bomber, none for the fanatic if he breaks armour of someone already on the deck. And that would be if okay if it wasn't for the fact that even with all that carnage, it's rare to have the numbers advantage.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Over in the OCC my Chaos mans beat the living shit out of some goblins the other day, won 2-0, and ended up taking three deaths including my str 4 beastman.
    Well I suddenly feel all better about facing you there next week!