Page 214 of 356 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 7118
    Ooops, soorrry.....

Timezones are a bitch sometimes.

EDIT: applied to Div I. Everblue, your underworld team should be quite delicious.
    Last edited by SillyWhiteGuy; 03-09-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I presume when you say I, you mean G? As that's the division you're written down for... ;-)
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    I presume when you say I, you mean G? As that's the division you're written down for... ;-)
    This is what happens when you don't check the sheet.

Check the sheet, everyone.

Ok so here's a level up conundrum. I rarely have these conundrums as I m pretty set on what to give my nobz, but as the levels roll on and die rolls get tempting it's a bit harder.

TuNob Tukur rolled a double. He's a Black Orc with Black, Guard, Stand Firm, Mighty Blow. I was going to give him frenzy (as no one on my team has it and with SF he can hold the sidelines comfily) but the doubles tempts me with a Dodge. S4, Blodge, SF Guard seems to be a pain in the arse for everyone involved and is great to break cages and crowd them with firm guarding love.

Slaxx is a blitzer with Block, Mighty Blow, Piling On and Jump Up. He loves them bouncy bouncy bodies. He rolled a 6 and a 4. So a move boost could make him a better scoring threat and a great defence boost. On the other hand, the lad desperately needs a tackle, especially for them dodgy lizard elfies in the champs.

Any suggestions or alternatives?

PS I have two other blitzers with tackle but no one else. the other BOs have dodge/block/guard/mb, another str up, block/gu and the last one just keeps dying constantly and has bugger all.
    Last edited by grinn; 03-09-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The blitzer is easy, Diving tackle, especially with jump up.

The BO has much more variance, but you should consider Jump Up, sure a jump-block is 3+ but hes MV 4, getting knocked on your arse and being reduced to 1 square movement is annoying and as he is AV9 you will not see many stuns or worse.

If you are precious about the player (one of those who treasures his original lineup) sure, get dodge, if you follow it by a break tackle it'll even help your mobilty.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Frenzy, even though he's slow. Wait for the opponent who hasn't noticed your frenzy BO, set up to take advantage, 11 men vs 10 right off the bat. Fun times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I'd probably take the +MV on the blitzer: you've got some tackle already and being faster is nice for orcs. (Diving tackle would be nice but isn't an option without a double.)

ST4 blodge with guard and SF is just lovely, you can blitz a corner off a cage then stand beside the ball carrier laughing all the next turn as they fail to dislodge you. Jump up then piling on would be tempting but goes poorly with guard, as does diving tackle, so it's hard to think there's anything better than dodge.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    That's a valid point - I've done just that with a SF blodge dorf and shrugged off multiple hits.

So, I played BigC90210's Woody Elves last night. My norse were sharpening their spikes in anticipation...

All started (fairly) well. I'd opted to receive, and although BigC had a number of skills across his elves, he only had 11, including a tree. I'd hired a brand new yhetee, and was ready to go. A rock KO'd an elf. Great start! I'd caged the ball, pushed a couple of elves on the line then went for the tree with the yhetee. Got a both down - Claws vs. Mighty blow. Claws.... loses. Got a 2 turn stun on the tree, but the yhetee got a fractured skull. To the glue factory with you! I hadn't picked up the ball. 2nd turn, with elves approaching the ball, I score a kill on a dodge wrestle elf, who the apothecary healed. Ahah! No apothecary now! Let the carnage commence! I pick the ball up with my str 5 wolf to prevent any of those leaping wardancers from getting an easy ride, cage up, and roll up the right. Here commences 5-6 turns of smashing elves up the right wing. There were at least 2 turns where I couldn't move the ball for the bodies. No injuries. Not even a KO. Hmmm. Turn 8, with virtually all of BigC's team lying on the floor, i walk the ball in. Turn 8 sees a ko scored by him, then his one KO gets up. I'm on 10 vs. his full 11. Grrrr. Not what I was after.

He receives and pushes down my left wing. I wrap up the cage there and get bashing, scoring a couple of quick KOs. There's some back and forth here and I lose another lineman with a broken leg (joining the yhetee in the glue factory - tough luck!). I then lose another lineman to an injury and get a KO. Oh. A 4th injury is then scored by big C. I get another KO in return. Some clever frenzying gets me in the cage and pushes another player off the pitch (no injury). BigC does the usual elfy thing on turn 13, runs back into his own half, hands off, leaps a wardancer into the endzone fomr the halfway, then throws from halfway for a perfect touchdown. Huh, elves. Right, 3 turns to score, I'm down to just 8 players... and all of BigC's 3 KO'd elves get up. Bugger. So he still has a full 11. I try to grab the ball and charge up the left, knowing I've got to move fast. With hindsight, should have used the wolf again. My runner was a little vulnerable to the str 4 wood elf that subsequently smashes him. He fails the pickup though, and I get a chance, pushing another 2 players off the pitch and injuring one (at last! First actual injury since turn 2!!). The ball goes off-pitch and gets thrown in to the middle. I only have wolves to make the pick. Hmmm. Str5 wolf makes the pick, but is on his own in the centre of the pitch with little help. I ran a beserker into a position to receive (hindsight: Should have just tried to look after the ball and gone for the draw, rather than tried to score here). I stood up some players to tie people up a bit. I lose 2 to crowd pushes (kinda expected). Down to 5 players now. BigC can only get a 2 die against on my wolf, but his wardancer has strip ball and gets push push. Damn! I drop the ball next to the 2 wardancers on turn 16. No chance. Wolf is on his own, goes for the knockdown but gets pushes on both frenzy moves. Still next to the ball, but he's the only thing slowing a wardancer from making a pick and skipping to the endzone. Which is what he does, turn 15. *%%^& (Swearing). Ran out of players. Turn 16, BigC hides all his elves so I smash the ones on the line, injuring one and fouling his tree for good measure after running out of good targets. To no avail.

So yeah, outbashed (significantly) by elves. I got armour breaks on the pitch, with 2 turns stuns, and 6 KOs throughout the match, but all of them recovered the next round and my injuries mounted in the second half until I couldn't mount a defence. Really annoying when my team is all about the mighty blow - just didn't work. You have to get numbers against elves (and even then it doesn't always work) but it just didn't happen, even after a hugely bashy first half from me where I went to town on his team. The dice say it was fairly even, I had slightly fewer skulls (BigC's came in scary pairs, but rerolls always got him a POW), but we both rolled about 120 block dice with the same success and failure rate. Even my armour rolls were apparently pretty good, just didn't score injuries. Very annoying, hence my slightly mean turn 16 foul. But it was on a tree who'd gained a level and I thought it might help others in the division. And I really didn't have any other targets to blitz anymore. I can now see the benefit of doing this to punish players who hide all their other (weaker) players at kickoff, particularly when you are grumpy about the lack of injuries :-D. Unfortunately, I was so short on players I could only scrape together 3 for the stamp, so was unlikely to do any real harm.

On to bashier teams game 2 and 3 (und and nec), I've hired back a new yhetee to stand about and look menacing and replaced the lineman so back up to 13 players. Hopefully nuffle will see fit to grant me some injuries next game. Beserker who scored all 3 injuries got another level, gained guard to go with block, mighty blow, piling on, stand firm and jump up. Quite nice! Maybe that will help me get the upper hand... or maybe he'll just die. Let's find out next time!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Black orc - There is a decision to be made as to whether you take dodge on all doubles or on none. If you don't have any other dodge on your team then I wouldn't bother taking it on this guy. If you have lots of dodge then I would take it - ST4 stand firm blodge is very powerful. Otherwise I would consider diving tackle or tackle. I think he's a bit slow for frenzy - you don't want to have to roll GFIs on the second block.

I take 'hands' point about DT at first look conflicting with guard, but I don't think it does. Normally when you use DT it will be at the end of your opponent's turn. You won't normally lose your tackle zone with it, which I think it what 'hands is implying, because you will DT to end your opponent's turn and can simply stand up as next action.

On the blitzer I would take the tackle I think. Yes the move is nice but this guy's job is killing things, and for that I would like to have tackle.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Tackle on the Blitzer seems almost like an auto-pick for me, at the moment he's only got 1 face on the dice that kills people with blodge. He needs to up that to two.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Stop telling Grinn how to improve his scary team >:(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Stop telling Grinn how to improve his scary team >:(
    Sorry... I Mean, thick skull on them both.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Sorry... I Mean, thick skull on them both.
    Much better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Groovy - I have applied to Div. A.

Ta MrPier - I'll try to get everything wrapped up tonight then, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

Related to that, if you've been hanging around for a couple of seasons and would like to be an admin, let me know! We've had a few drop out over the last couple of seasons and an additional couple of people to validate games and accept applications etc. would be very helpful for us?

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Related to that, if you've been hanging around for a couple of seasons and would like to be an admin, let me know! We've had a few drop out over the last couple of seasons and an additional couple of people to validate games and accept applications etc. would be very helpful for us?
    Ready, willing and able Capitan! Though not entirely trustworthy ... food related bribes are always welcome!

I would expect nothing less from a blood bowl admin. I'll try to add you in tonight!

Admin me. Everyone's always surprised when they find out I'm not one. :)

(I get a fair few validation requests on Steam...)
    Last edited by Screwie; 03-09-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Groovy id be happy to admin if it would help the cause (and i dont have to touch the spreadsheet)