Page 219 of 375 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 7498
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Altdorf Army 1 - 0 The Dead Rascals (Group B)

A TV difference of 460 and the game played out much as you would expect. The Army Kicked, surrounded the Rascals, chain pushed the shit out of them and recovered the ball. The Rascals made a concerted attempt to stop the counter-score but Guard, Guard and more Guard cleared off the markers and allowed the thrower to collect the ball and run in the TD. Into the second half and the army tried to roll up the field but started t run short of players. Eventually the Rascals got the ball and had an unopposed 2 turn run in to the line. But were 1 square short.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Divison's D kick-off match between Alini's rats and my dwarves disappointed fans but excited coaches, resulting in a 1-1 that was highly mobile despite taking place entirely in the pouring rain. This didn't stop my Dwarves from passing and eventually picking up the ball - instead, the rats had significantly more issues getting hold of it.

Two dead unskilled linerats later, the game ends when the dwarven waltz is stopped heroically by a wrestling two against roll, with a most unlucky throw-in handing Alini a fair chance at picking up the ball and walking in a rattish victory - alas, the rain and a nearby trollslayer stopped that attempt despite a reroll.

A final attempt at a second pass from the dwarves was pushing their luck and failed, a hard-fought (for both sides) 1-1 the final result.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Despite many attempts I can't get hold of Alleycat. He doesn't respond to steam messages and never seems to be online. The deadline is (I think) Thursday, and I am now busy this evening and have matches arranged for Wednesday or Thursday. If he can't do tomorrow I would therefore like to claim the admin win.

Thanks

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Despite many attempts I can't get hold of Alleycat. He doesn't respond to steam messages and never seems to be online.

Thanks
    Hmmm, I was first wondering 'why would you apply for the new season and then not turn up?' and then realised they were in the same division last season so didn't need to reapply. I think they missed 1/2 games at the end of last season, too. I'm therefore treating alleycat as AWOL from this season (unless you speak up now, Alleycat?!).

Anyone want to offer up a filler team by way of replacement for that division? That is, Everblue, if you don't mind playing tonight or tomorrow? Filler team must be available to play Everblue!! If not, It'll just be 2-0 admin wins through the season, which is a lot less fun. :-(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I can apply a vampire team if you want?

Edit: Just did.
    Last edited by mrpier; 09-09-2013 at 03:38 PM.

Go for it! If someone gets to a PC before me (usually does!), switch alleycat out for mrpier. Everblue, you have an opponent!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Caution: This might muss the spreadsheet fixtures for that div.

Ah. Well, stick to the fixtures in Cyanide and enter the scores in the right place on the sheet is simplest in that case. watch for any existing scores being moved if we swap mrpier in on the sheet (which, i guess, is not strictly necessary as long as everyone in Div G is paying attention?)

Still waiting for a reply from Sollitus for our match, added him on steam but we have different timezones. I'll try to be available for a long time today to hopefully find him. If you read this Sollitus, reply on http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...=33&do=discuss

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Right then mrpier. Will contact you on steam, but tomorrow night would be good about 8pm UK.

One of the (many!) coaches in the RPS league I have never beaten.

Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post
    I've just realised I haven't mentioned that I won't be able to play until the 14th now as I'm away all this week.
    Guess it's a weekend game, then?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Despite many attempts I can't get hold of Alleycat. He doesn't respond to steam messages and never seems to be online.
    Steam messages are very iffy. I managed to reach Alleycat via forum PMs, those at least go directly to the email. (I never see Steam messages sent offline, either.)
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Fine, I'll write it up!

A disappointing (for me) 1-1 draw for the Dread Pool vs David Icke Experience match, which saw a lot more blood at Pool-side (heh heh) than is usual. Two blitzers (one with a fresh -AV) and one Guard Bastard missing the next game, and the death of the other, rookie-r, Guard Bastard Koreos the Cruel. It is the way of all elves.

I scored quickly and fended the lizards off in the first but Boots had a storming second half, clearing the pitch of all but 3 elves and stalling to the very last. Despite that a last-minute riot gave me a chance to steal and it very nearly worked out, but for a fumbled pass.

The rest of the season will be interesting and painful. I'll need to perform very well to be in with a shot, while missing key players at the same time.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    mrpier - Stuck at work. Running about 30 mins late. Very sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Fine, I'll write it up!
    Ha, good job. Good game, enlivened by both of us rolling lots of 1's in patches. All the drives could have very easily ended differently, and that turn 16 riot had me very nervous. Still, if there was to be a winner, it would have been fairer for it to be you.

Still can't believe I forgot witch elfs have Jump Up though, that was foolish.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks for the game mrpier, which saw my underworld team squeak a 2-1 win over the hapless vamps.

I HAVE UPDATED THE SPREADSHEET AND MAY HAVE BUGGERED IT UP

In particular, the division G fixtures no longer match Cyanide, so please be very careful!

Heh, vamps are such a weird team, I really like them.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Heh, vamps are such a weird team, I really like them.
    I've only played against them once but the opening Vampire play by my oponnent was amazeballs, who, in a single turn started by hypno gazing to clear off the TZ of a marker, a pass to a vamp in 3 tackle zones, who leapt, dodged and handed off to a vamp in a tackle one only 2 square from the End Zone - who blood lusted without a Thrall in sight.

I think they may be made for me.

Vamps are a great team! They play a weird kind of Blood Bowl that is uniquely their own.

Jolima won the DoD Champs with a Vamp team too, way back when.