Page 221 of 372 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 7429
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Nurgle matchup no1 was a 4-1 win for the rats. 5 casualties only one of which was serious, a -AG on my -MV, -AV tacklepomb vermin. He'll probably get retired when he collects the full house of stat breaks.

Two blitzes and a successful one turner with no reroll decided this one pretty early on
    I am seriously considering the bin for this Nurgle team now. Unless Janek or Jolima put me into retirement first.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Unplayed games at present

D - Smaug v Wink - Apparently playing Friday very late. I propose an extension until Saturday night.
    E - Sollitus v Chillydusk - No apparent effort or contact made by Sollitus. Admin win for Chillydusk. Sollitus kicked?
    G - Rotekian v Silly White Guy - Rotekian is away until the 14th. Propose an extension until Saturday night.
    H - Cyberpunkdreams v Rumpel - No real effort by the coaches to set a date although both have posted in the thread. Rotekian appears from the thread to be waiting for Cyber to offer times.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    H - Cyberpunkdreams v Rumpel
    I'll let you fix your typo without quoting it, the names do start with the same letter so I understand.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I posted the times I would be available so he would catch me on steam as I had seen him on steam in the early mornings in the past. had not seen Cyber on steam at all for a few days so posted in DIV h for an update on his availability.

Yeah, not much more Rumpel can do, he's laid out a fairly wide availability time table.
    Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpel - 04-09-2013, 11:27 PM
    no prob, get me on steam or here, can do any night except weds after 20:30 till about 02:00 (uk)
    So 5 and a half hour window 6 days a week.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 12-09-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Hey, sorry, I've been around pretty much all the time but haven't been plugged into Steam all the time, as I'm on holiday. I'd be happy to arrange a time if there is still time, otherwise an adminned result it is.
    My Arsenal of Democracy AAR: The British Empire
    Seeking alpha testers for a StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'll let you fix your typo without quoting it, the names do start with the same letter so I understand.
    I was so angry when I wrote the post that I was crying blood. This interfered with my vision.

I was so angry when I wrote the post that I was crying blood. This interfered with my vision.
    Standard admin practice is to stand on hot ashes as you post, dries the eyes.

I'm pretty widely available this weekend, so I should be down for the game.

Hey all, been flying around like crazy the last two weeks - thanks for the advice on the player upgrades - the Nobz board is considering.

So, who's next in line for a Nobzing in the champs?

Got my Div I game vs KeiKain this morning - Cyanide did that thing again where it says I d/c'd - but the result stands and I just get no $$ - all of it going to KeiKain?! Just FYI in case you folks are scratching your heads at that again!

Does anyone else ever have this specific problem? Just curious as it only happens very occasionally and is probably more frustrating than having lost the actual result - sure I won - but I got no damn money?!

GG tho Keikain - fun match!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Still two outstanding games in week 1. Will admin results for both first thing tomorrow if they remain unplayed.

Yeah, adminning probably best bet. Saw no sign of Rotekian when I was on but steam kindly told me that he was indeed on at some point this morning so I guess we just missed each other. 1 all draw, I suppose!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Done. 3 adminned results and the remaining leagues moved on.

Whee... Day 2 for reals though.

Ooof. Poor game in the Champs div - some poor positioning on my part, and good armour/injury dice on Grinn's part meant it was largely a formality after turn 4 - four of my better players were injured and also several were out with KO's, I'd only hurt one of his rookies, and I'd lost the ball.

Grinn's orcs are always tricky to play against, but when they have the overwhelming numbers advantage as well, you need to be very lucky to get anything.

Still, my own fault for playing badly in the beginning, and no permanent injuries (to either side). And now the only way for Grinn not get his sixth title is if Screwie wins both his remaining games...

Done. 3 adminned results and the remaining leagues moved on.
    Someone should probably update the sheet with the awarded results...

Also, what should my approach be for my game with Sollitus? Ta

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Div. A Mumbles McPhattys Norse vs my Chaos

First half:

Turn 3. It all starts very well, turn three and I have 6 players on the pitch vs McPhattys 10. Mino and CW BH, the rest just KO-ed.

McPhatty utilises the situation to get some fouls in, I don't begrudge him that.

Turn 5. I KO a ulf, so 6 vs 9 now. Mumbles has a nice safe cage inside my half.

Turn 6. I lose another beastman to KO from a piling on.

Mumbles tries a pass with no rerolls, I wouldn't do that, but of course it works.

Turn 7. I roll doubleskull for my first block, use my last reroll. I get a one dice block on the ballcarrier, it's a skull.

Mumbles score with a dodge and GFI.

Turn 8: I roll only pushes with 10 block dice. But I get a spp on a pass, yay. I hate my team.

Second Half

I get back most of the KO's, 10 vs 11 for the second half, not too bad.

Turn 1. I knock over two linemen, and pick up the ball.

2. Nothing exciting happens, I set up a not terrible, bot not very good position in the center of my half.

Mumbles dodges his guys 4 times in a row, nothing untoward happens.

Turn 3. I break the jaw on a Ulf. And get a push on a two against block, I consider that a victory.
    Mumbles BH a beastman in return.

Turn 4. I KO his MB Yeti for the second time this match and BH a norse lino, but the ballcarrier is still in my own half.

Turn 5. I knock out another ulf, mumbles decides to apoth it to stunned.

Turn 6. I get a cage closer to the endzone, I actually have 9 vs 8. This is how chaos needs to do it.

Turn 7. Handoff and score, 1-1.

I get lucky on the setup with perfect defense.

Turn 8. I block/lock down the norse offense as well as I can.

Mumbles does two dodges with the downed receiver out of two tacklezones into the endzone, he has blocked a free path for the +AG runner with the ball, he throws a long bomb and scores, 2-1 to McPhatty.

GG

This chaos team continues to be shit in my hands although having armour worth anything for more than one half would have helped.

Thanks for the match McPhatty :-)

"Mumbles dodges his guys 4 times in a row, nothing untoward happens."

Much as I'm sure that particular move irked you quite a bit - I did have to burn a RR on one of them ... it was also a totally boneheaded misclick - I thought I was moving another guy for the mad dodger to get another foul in ;-) Not that I'm denying it all went my way in the moments that mattered of course!

And don't get down too hard on your guys - my lads enjoy & excel being the underdogs! Where was your wrestle/tackle beastie on T16 anyway ... ??? ... if he'd been marking the runner there would have been no chance for Viking-Elf-BS - heheh!

Damn right no grudges ... Norse gotta foul to survive!

Oh and Groovy - Captain Indecision here is having 2nd thoughts - or is 3rd or 4th by now?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    My guys deserves all the flak they can get, with their paper armour I've lost the game within 3 or 4 turns in about 4 games now. Today was a good day in that nobody died or got a career ending injury :-p And we actually got a game in the second half, which I'm pleased with although it smarts a little that you got a little lcuky in the end there :)

My wrackle beast had to stand up next to your werewolf, so I didn't think it was worth the risk of moving him away. That werewolf was also close enough to score so he needed a marker too.