Page 222 of 372 FirstFirst ... 122172212220221222223224232272322 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 7440
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boots468 View Post
    Ooof. Poor game in the Champs div - some poor positioning on my part, and good armour/injury dice on Grinn's part meant it was largely a formality after turn 4 - four of my better players were injured and also several were out with KO's, I'd only hurt one of his rookies, and I'd lost the ball.

Grinn's orcs are always tricky to play against, but when they have the overwhelming numbers advantage as well, you need to be very lucky to get anything.

Still, my own fault for playing badly in the beginning, and no permanent injuries (to either side). And now the only way for Grinn not get his sixth title is if Screwie wins both his remaining games...
    Maybe you shouldn't have wounded his team in your previous game; I'll be handing Grinn his title on Monday night.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Arse, I was banking on you to beat Grinn. Now if PW has an average-to-good Chaos game against me I'll lose and take some painful hits in the process. And then Grinn will mop up the rest.

(And if folks truly wanted me to win they would stop taking Tackle on their players!)

Just noticed something somewhat borked with the sheet, it appears days and results have been shuffled round at random! Total chaos!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    The sheet looks fine to me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    SWG - This is our division only, and is because Alleycat quit the league. Just follow the fixtures on Cyanide and it will all work out.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Sorry to cause a panic.

EDIT: Ooooh, fresh vamps. Tasty.

I slightly renamed mrpier on the sheet, so (hopefully) the order should be maintained from before.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    the mrpier is pleased with this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thank you Screwie

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    And if folks truly wanted me to win they would stop taking Tackle on their players!
    Screwie, champion of the people! :p

I shall ignore that comment on account of its clear bias :P

I really wish that online BB was more moddable in its rulesets than it is. Just as an experiment, I'd love to play a league where Piling On was moved to General instead of Strength.

Suddenly when elves can pick up an anti-bash skill as easily as everyone else can pick up anti-elf skills, how does the balance change? Or does it turn into an arms race with most other teams having broader access to the skill too?

Or put PO into the Agility group instead, and stunties get a huge boost. (It's where all the other diving skills are, and I would argue that effectively jumping on top of your victim without hurting yourself is more technique than brute force anyway.) But at that point you are taking from the traditional bash teams, so General seems a fairer fit.

Random musings, sorry.

I just want to be able to paint my team in any gaddam colour and pattern I'd like!

What about dodge? Why can't an orc dodge? Why can't a human lino dodge? Or a skaven one? I demand dodge be moved to General too!

[ie skills are where they are for balancing reasons not sense - and the speedy dodgy scoriness of elves more than adequately balances bashness. It's just in long running leagues like this that pansyelvies feel the pain - in shorter term tournaments they way overpower bashy bashies]

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    In longer leagues elves seem to do better - Grinn's team are a bit of an anomaly in my experience. Everywhere else it's mainly the AV8 elves which seem to do well (although my AV8 elves have had a somewhat catastrophic run recently).

I agree Everblue. I was just trying to make Screwie feel better about the battered state of his elves :p

The idea isn't about making elves better, it's giving more teams more tactical options. In a league where any 40-50k lineman can take Piling On, elves are unlikely to prosper any more than they do now. But it does give elves a scalpel of their own. Tackle really hurts elf teams, but now they have another means (less risky than fouls, less situational than surfs) to remove the Tackler.

Any Strength player who grabs Dodge becomes significantly better, even if they never actually dodge. For a player without natural Strength access, Piling On is seen as a waste of a double. It's not equivalent, and that's because of the opportunity cost of both taking the skill and actually using it on the pitch.

Agility players can mitigate the drawback of PO more easily than strength players, but conversely they won't be able to maximise its effect so easily. Really this is an argument about Jump Up versus Mighty Blow as much as Agility versus Strength. I think that's an interesting compromise that I'd like to explore some day.

Seriously though, it's an expression of my love for the game that I continually want to tinker with it.

EDIT: Because sometimes I don't read what I write as I'm writing...
    Last edited by Screwie; 16-09-2013 at 02:22 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Certainly witch elves really shine with mighty blow. I have seen a few DE teams with a POMB witch (current UKBBL champions, for example, are dark elves with such a player) and it really helps them take on the bash.

I have a MB tackle +1ST (& blodge, obv.) HE catcher and he is frikkin' amazing. So good to have a powerful blitz you can call on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This is that UKBBL team (not sure if c&p will work). Currently at 4-0-0 this season too: (name/position/stats/SPP/value/skills)

Calfenlelle Witch Elf 7 3 5 7 158 230 Frenzy, Dodge, Jump Up, Tackle, Leap, Side Step, +AG, Wrestle
    Abhorrenté Lineman 6 3 4 8 6 90 Dirty Player
    Maleketh Lineman 6 3 4 8 39 130 Fend, Dodge, Wrestle
    AndyDavo Lineman 6 3 4 8 26 110 Dodge, Wrestle
    Phoenix Lineman 6 3 4 8 11 100 Guard
    Malevolént Lineman 6 3 4 8 6 90 Kick
    Néfaríoús Lineman 6 3 4 8 3 70
    Morthor Lineman 6 3 4 8 104 180 Fend, Side Step, Dodge, Guard, Block
    Mephítíc Blitzer 7 3 4 8 21 140 Block, Side Step, Dodge
    Deviante` Blitzer 8 3 5 8 59 210 Block, Side Step, Dodge, +AG, +MV
    Brútál Blitzer 8 3 4 8 25 150 Block, +MV, Dodge
    Katie Witch Elf 7 3 4 7 131 230 Frenzy, Dodge, Jump Up, Piling On, Side Step, Tackle, Block, Mighty Blow

Coach is I think a bit emo, hence the names.

Oooh, look at those skill rolls. So jelly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    In longer leagues elves seem to do better - Grinn's team are a bit of an anomaly in my experience. Everywhere else it's mainly the AV8 elves which seem to do well (although my AV8 elves have had a somewhat catastrophic run recently).
    AV8 is like cheating, proper elf teams have AV7 and like it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Oooh, look at those skill rolls. So jelly.
    Yeah - rolling doubles and stat ups is always good!