Page 223 of 346 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 6904
    Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Yeah - rolling doubles and stat ups is always good!
    D'ya reckon he has an ex/current lady friend called Katie? It's rather out of place!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'll ask him!

This league despite being perpetual is more AV7 friendly than any other league I've played in due to the regular top ups from div winnings to the bank. That is the major limiting factor for high TV AV7. As it is I have 500k in the bank which should last me for a while longer yet.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Arse, I was banking on you to beat Grinn. Now if PW has an average-to-good Chaos game against me I'll lose and take some painful hits in the process. And then Grinn will mop up the rest.

(And if folks truly wanted me to win they would stop taking Tackle on their players!)
    My best advice for facing PWeasel's current Chaos team is don't get two players KO'd in the opening turn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    In longer leagues elves seem to do better - Grinn's team are a bit of an anomaly in my experience. Everywhere else it's mainly the AV8 elves which seem to do well (although my AV8 elves have had a somewhat catastrophic run recently).
    If you look at the DoD historical results, (as in Champs winners) it seems pretty evenly split down the middle.

Victorious Race Balance:

Dark Elf - 3
    Pro Elf - 3
    High Elf - 1
    Orc - 7
    Lizardmen - 9
    Vampire -3
    Khemri - 2
    Skaven - 2

Nothing for anyone else.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    They are only so neatly split because of Grinn!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair Hutton View Post
    My best advice for facing PWeasel's current Chaos team is don't get two players KO'd in the opening turn.
    I played a 2700TV chaos team in the OCC this season. They removed four players from the pitch in the first turn of each of their offensive drives. Fun game.

They are only so neatly split because of Grinn!
    Grinn is a statistical anomaly and must be eradicated

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Finally got into BB and anointed some new admins! Lowkey, screwie and mcphatty, you all now have the power to properly mess up our league! Use it wisely (if you're not sure what you are doing, ask another admin!). As a bonus, anyone who is an admin gets their name highlighted in red now so people can find them on the season info tab of the sheet. If you need an admin, look there! I also validated games (that had been entered on the sheet. Week ends in 6 days!

As for my game a few days ago, really should have won, but gave up a draw with classic greedy play. 1-0 up, turn 13, completely surrounded the ball-carrying ghoul on the sideline. Should have just left him there. Instead punch him (cos AV7! Plus ball?), ball goes off the pitch, gets thrown in with only one of my players near it, 2 turns later, opposition werewolf runs it in because i didn't have the players left to get back because they were all in a cage around the former ball carrier! Gah! Lesson learnt - if you own the opposition cage and are winning, just leave him with the ball - where's he going to go?
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Gah! Lesson learnt - if you own the opposition cage and are winning, just leave him with the ball - where's he going to go?
    Lightning bolt injury to marker and then down the other end of the pitch. A lesson I oh so painfully learnt.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Congratulations Grinn!

The Nobz are champions of the Divisions once again.
    I gave away a touchdown on my own drive, scored an equaliser, and then cleared the field entirely of elves by turn 13. A final brutal 9 man foul left Screwie's super-thrower with a niggle and Screwie angry at me - but I couldn't resist clearing the field, I just couldn't. I don't think I had ever done it before.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Congrats Grinn!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Finally got into BB and anointed some new admins! Lowkey, screwie and mcphatty, you all now have the power
    Aha ahah ahahaha aAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

ahem

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    1. Grats Grinn!

2. Boots, this is mostly your fault! :P

3. PW is a terrible, awful, loathsome person and I will hate him forever for a while. I hate him so much I made my gums bleed. My next team is going to have some very unfavourably-named weasel-themed players.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Congratulations Grinn!

The Nobz are champions of the Divisions once again.
    I gave away a touchdown on my own drive, scored an equaliser, and then cleared the field entirely of elves by turn 13. A final brutal 9 man foul left Screwie's super-thrower with a niggle and Screwie angry at me - but I couldn't resist clearing the field, I just couldn't. I don't think I had ever done it before.
    How did you manage a 9 man foul? That's some serious shit right there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    And gratz Grinn!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    How did you manage a 9 man foul? That's some serious shit right there.
    8 baddies and one victim? (Yeah I got the maths wrong).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Leaping foul

(Bah that would've been much better in all caps but noooo the forum's got to correct it automatically)

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Congratulations Grinn!
    Well dear Prez, those gold plated horns I sent for your goat-mans clearly hit the spot! Many thanks for facilitating the title.
    Thanks to all for the gratzing!
    Think it's the first time I won it without needing to play all 3 games :)

Wooooot!

ROK ARD NOBBZZZZZ SIXTH TITLE!!

So Jimmmmm-boy, are we going to see your slithering scalefests come back for a bit of Nobzing?
    Last edited by grinn; 16-09-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Played a DIV F game against Ethelred's Dark Elves earlier today.

1400 TV Chaos Dwarves against 1080 TV Dark Elves.

It went worse than expected with the Elves failing to do just about anything and the dwarves smashing most of them off the pitch.

Elderil was nigh useless getting KO'd early then waking up for the second half to get KO'd again without accomplishing a single move.

The first half ended 0-0 as Ethelred's Dark Elves could not elf, failing two passes. I had, through poor choices, left the option to elf out a TD on turn 8, but Nuffle had different plans and was against overall elfiness. I was not able to score prior to turn 8 due to my complete inability to either pick up the ball or make a GFI while carrying it.

Second half was a cakewalk for me, however, as I knocked the majority of the remaining players off the pitch. Ethelred had to play defensively stacking his 4 remaining players to slow me down.

It didn't work; I lazily made my way to 1 square from the TD.

Hark! I hear a hero elf!

While smashing his players for SPP, I lost two successive turns against the same elf - turns 14 and 15, attempting to 2D block him. A lone lineman with but a kick skill, successfully knocked down my Chaos Dwarf blackle bastards, double skulling each.

Turn 16 see's him dodge out of his tackle zone, dodge into my cage through two tackle zones to 2D against my ballcarrier, knocking him down and stunning him.

Now the game no longer seems such a sure thing - being 0-0 and Chaos Dwarves not known for their ball-pick-uppiness.

With nary a reroll to be seen I filled the endzone with players to pick up the fumbling ball, should it be, and went for the pickup with a hobgobbo.

Aaaaaaand . . . . . . .

TOUCHDOWN! Hobgob managed to roll a 3+, smashing my previous games records of rolling <2.

Chadsexington 1 > Ethelred 0.

Good game despite the TV deficit and nuffling.